Spacefly eggs?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

floris

Spacefly eggs?

Post by floris » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 12:04

Hai,
I found a cargocontainer inside a station full of spacefly eggs. 40 orso..
But I flew through half the map trying to find a place to sell them but I couldnt find anything apart from some very interesting sectors.

Where can I sell them and/or what are they worth?

Thanx in advance.

Flashfire
x3tc

Post by Flashfire » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 13:04

I wanna know that to... last time I asked that I heard no replies.
Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed... lest the ground come up and smite thee.
www.javafoundry.com/flashfire

Moridin
x4

Post by Moridin » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 13:13

someone said they are tied to a subquest in relation to the BBS message about a Boron Spacefly Station being raided.
Ich hab immer Recht, außer wenn ich mich irre
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
-- Bursar 1 - Hex 0 (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

neolux7
x3

Post by neolux7 » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 19:07

not sure about the subquest but i have nearly 700 units of them.

might have to make the omelete in x2's history :lol:

any info on where to flog them will be cool

BradThorn
x2

Post by BradThorn » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 22:20

Dammnit, was hoping there'd been an answer... I wanna sell them too :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 23:11

I think CJ implied that you had to get them to hatch into adult spaceflies to sell them, but (a) he didn't make it clear how you did this and (b) he's an incorrigible joker, so might not have been serious...

semyaz

Post by semyaz » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 05:07

someone says u can sell the spaceflies at split trading stn Chelts Aquarium or pirate base in Brenan Triumph, so I think u could do too with spacefly eggs.
any other place is illegal. :wink:

Smartislarti[D6a]
x2

Post by Smartislarti[D6a] » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 07:57

Anyway...if you can't sell them, maybe you'll have them for breakfast with some ham and a slice of bread. :)
X-btf Forum Mittäter seit 11/99
... und bekennender Rheinländer im südbadischen Exil !

currently in EVE-Online, waiting for X-online (und wenn es das letzte ist was ich tue...)

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 10:31

Spacefly eggs cannot be sold under normal circumstances, but there is a BBS mission where you have to transport some eggs from A to B(from a Pirate Base, I think. But I may be wrong).

Cheers,
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

neolux7
x3

Post by neolux7 » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 18:37

i hope they want a big order of eggs as i have just picked up another 300+ of them

:lol:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 19:24

I ditched mine in the end and watch the sector police shoot them. CAnt see the point in having them in the game if you cant sell them under normal circumstances.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Anth
x2

Post by Anth » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 19:51

Space Fly Eggs definitely shouldnt have been in one of those containers. They cant be sold anywhere Im sorry to say.

-Dredge

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 20:51

Could someone tell me more about this BBS mission please? I submitted the "Boron spacefly sanctuary raided" story to the BBS news team when the game was in development and I would be over the moon to see if my story inspired an actual subquest in the game.

x4

Post by 2501 » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 22:17

Well the space fly sanctuary thing is a news flash, dont know if there is an associated mission (good work BTW). I found space fly eggs very early on, (if you do a search on this forum) the reposnce i got was that the eggs could be hatched in a asteroid (such as the ones with caves) and this came from CJ, he then went on to say that they may be used in a mission but was not specific about said mission... I have not since found this mission nor have i tried to hatch eggs.
:o

BTW the eggs CAN NOT be hatched in a mine to create your own space fly menagerie as you can't eject cargo in a station. :)

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 22:30

pjknibbs wrote:I think CJ implied that you had to get them to hatch into adult spaceflies to sell them, but (a) he didn't make it clear how you did this and (b) he's an incorrigible joker, so might not have been serious...
Everyone knows, spaceflies hatch in crevices on asteroids, right? It stands to reason, if one places such eggs on or in an asteroid (don't ask me how) they should eventually hatch.

The official description of them:

Spacefly Eggs:

The eggs of the Markus Spacefly are very rarely found. It is believed that they lay their eggs in hollow asteroids when conditions are correct. Unfortunately it has become popular to collect unhatched eggs as they are very decorative with colourful patterns.

And of Space Flies:

This creature is a small unintelligent space fly that lives in the vast emptiness of deep space. They are the size of a small bird and seem to be made out of delicate shinning gossamer that reacts to light and shimmers and shines in a multitude of colours.

Now you know :wink:

Cheers

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu, 11. Dec 03, 22:52

2501 wrote:Well the space fly sanctuary thing is a news flash, dont know if there is an associated mission (good work BTW). I found space fly eggs very early on, (if you do a search on this forum) the reposnce i got was that the eggs could be hatched in a asteroid (such as the ones with caves) and this came from CJ, he then went on to say that they may be used in a mission but was not specific about said mission... I have not since found this mission nor have i tried to hatch eggs.
:o

BTW the eggs CAN NOT be hatched in a mine to create your own space fly menagerie as you can't eject cargo in a station. :)
Thanks! Seems I'm not entirely useless after all :)

Burticus
x3ap

Post by Burticus » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 20:47

ha ha it would seem that i alone am best!

There is a place, a secret place that you can sell them....
Spoiler
Show
go to sector Family T'kr and look for some ships headed towards some asteroids in the south west. they are headed to 2 super secret massom mills that are infact an illegal spacefly breeding station! they will gladly take your eggs off your hands!
but agreed they are great with

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 21:15

burticus, just because you happen to have discovered one of the little secrets that are in this game (and you weren't the first to discover it, I might add) do you think that's a good reason to bump EVERY SINGLE GODDAMMED THREAD that talks about spacefly eggs in the past year? Your self-serving juvenile gloating ("I alone am best") fails to take into account that at the time those threads were written, those factories did not appear in the game. If this was a recent conversation maybe that would be excuseable but if you can use the search function to find spacefly egg threads couldn't you have used it to find where we* all figured this out a while back?

-Bumping old threads for no good reason is not cool (one of them, or a new one - "hey look what I found" - would have done)

-Gloating / assuming superiority is not cool

-Spamming is not cool

Especially when your basic premise (I've found something noone else has) is wrong

*when I say we, I mean the brave souls who, despite immense (and possibly justified) sceptisism, went contrary to the accepted wisdom of the forum and proved their introduction in the patrol script
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 21:26

burticus it was found ages ago by GarryF and here the verrry long post about it
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 21:40

If you're nice to us, we're nice back. Wind us up and you get a response like this.

Everyone is entitled to the occasional social 'faux pas'. Learn from it and we'll say no more about it. :)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”