Docking M4's, and M3's to a M6???

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

E.R.Hyland
x2

Docking M4's, and M3's to a M6???

Post by E.R.Hyland » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 03:06

Awhile back I remember seeing something about getting M2's to dock TS, and TP's.

So if I'm remembering right it involves text editing the tships file to allow more types of ships to dock?

Can anyone give me the info, or point me to the link?

Harlock776
x2

nope

Post by Harlock776 » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 05:33

No it was made possible with checkertwo's object hack which allowed a lot of ships to be added to the game and TS TP ships to dock to M2 ships as well. The only reason why I don't use the docking for M4 M3 to M6 is that it just looks a bit to silly for me lol. Some M6 are smaller than others and seeing anything other than an M5 there is odd plus you would have to move the docking point of every M6 to allow for enough room for those larger ships which may be different from one mod to another.
Our mighty sovereign may she always go before us sailing brightly in the sea of black.

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 04:14

Ok sounds like your saying that I can't limit M4,M3 docking to just one type of M6 right?

If so theirs no point in me doing it I just wanted my Osprey XP to be able to dock M4, and M3's. Too bad I did a test, and made it an M2, and the X-Shuttle looked really cool under it, but M2's can't dock at EQ-docks, so that's no good O'well.

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:15

DeadlyDA just sent me patch 15 it wont do what I want, but I thought of a possibility.

There is a type 8 ship type in X2 I don't think it is used for anything, it maybe possible for the author of the patch to re-define type 8 to an M7,
IE an M6 that can dock M5,M4,M3's.

It maybe also possible to make more new ship types?

As I only understand English I've asked DeadlyDA if he can relay this to the author for me.

Can you communicate with the author? And what do you think about this?

kammarac
x3ap

Post by kammarac » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 11:20

Hi E.R.Hyland 8) , I found this, i test it and work fine, whit this u can dock the M3 and M4 to M6, and TS and TP to M2, its called "[MOD] Ship extra docking mod v1.0"

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=309529

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”