Think I found a new bug - in station, but in space!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

stevewu
x2

Think I found a new bug - in station, but in space!

Post by stevewu » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 15:52

I was within a few hundred meters of a 'roid. A AM dropped my mine there to build. It built, the animation ended, and I was in space. However, I heard the "in station" noise (drone of equipment, etc.).

I accelerated to full, and kept bouncing off invisible walls. Eventually I died.

There were serious graphical anomalies going on at the time as well.

I'll give any more details if necessary.

- r

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:02

This sort of thing has happened to a couple of people. Basically you were a bit too close to the asteroid you were deploying the mine on and, once it was complete, you were stuck in the model of your new mine. This is because many asteroids are far smaller than the Ore/Silicon mine model used so you can get a bit too close!

It's best to be a round 2km away from the asteriod you're deploying your new mine on, you're definitely safe at that distance!

Scoob.

stevewu
x2

Post by stevewu » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:13

Gotcha, will try again.

Still a bug tho'!!!

They should at least auto-dock me if I'm too close.

- r

JrStonewall
x2

Post by JrStonewall » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 23:49

This happened to me several times in X2 prequel X-tension. Obviously a lot of code reuse here. (thats a compliment as all CS people know code reuse is the holy grail or is there a new holy grail since I graduated college?) In X2 we all just learned to avoid it by doing as suggested, staying around 2km from it. Yes thats a problem when you have 3 roids within 2km of eachother it can take hours to get it to drop on the right one. Or if you own a TS you can rearrange the asteroids to your satisfaction by playing pool with them.

I agree with you though. It should be fixed.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 02:19

You have much greater control over where stations are dropped now, so even crowded areas should be a breeze to deploy in.

Tiberian Commander
x3tc

Post by Tiberian Commander » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 02:57

I tried to tell my TL in Argon Prime to drop a station, but it didn't do it and yes have checked all options.

My Titan and all ships that were with me vanished, when I done the mission to check the brocken gate.

So I repeated it again to see what would happen and it dun the same.

So I put the Titan and all the other ships in the next sector and done it again so I didn't lose anything and this work. :D

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”