Patch 1.2 info and more...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Patch 1.2 info and more...

Post by Bernd » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:21

Hello everybody,

Download information for the 1.2 patch can be found here

Note:
1.2 includes all 1.1 fixes - patch 1.1 is therefore not required when patching from 1.0 to 1.2!

IMPROVEMENTS OVER 1.1:
• Improved joystick sensitivity
• Station announcement text improved
• Improved statistics output in player menu
• Better alert and notification system for factories on maps and property menu
BUGFIX:
• FIXED: Station announcements stopping after a while
• FIXED: Ecliptic Projector was incorrectly displayed in turrets
• FIXED: Strafe Drive max speed was not respected
MINOR FIXES OR IMPROVEMENTS:
• NPC Ships no longer collect ore fragments
• FIXED: Police Licenses were sometimes 'Destroyed'
• FIXED: Lottery was offered with incorrect text sometimes
• FIXED: Enemy state of stations long after attack
• FIXED: Incorrect Maximum M6 Speed
• FIXED: Argon mammoth was sold in pirate station
• FIXED: Boron Octopus cockpit displays were not working

Please find some general performance information below.

Download information for the 1.1 patch can be found here

An important note about old savegames: Please be aware that when loading a 1.0 savegame for the first time it can take REALLY long. Please be patient. Once saved with 1.1 the file will load much faster plus it will be smaller.

About performance: Of course version 1.1 should never be slower than 1.0. If one or two people report this it is probably a temporary side effect of some one time events going on in the game immediately after loading. The overall performance should be improved somewhere between a little to a lot depending on where your bottleneck was.

More general note about performance: There are many possible bottlenecks. And even if people post their system specs sometimes there are still big differences in performace. Some because of weird software problems, sometimes because of memory management, sometimes because of BIOS settings, sometimes because of driver settings (e.g AA turned on on driver level without people knowing!), and so on. We have put together a long list of tipps on how to improve performance and all I can say is that it should generally be possible to play the game beween OK and perfect on every system above minumum specs. Its just a matter of which settings you can turn on. LowEnd systems will of course have to turn off advanced graphic features.

I suppose most of you already saw the featurelist of patch 1.1 under http://www.egosoft.com/x2/info/patch11info
It's not complete but should have most of the bigger things.

Last but not least a note about the way the download happens: Forcing people to register their copy has many advantages for you as well as for us. Some people were discussing that we do this only to force you to register and give your email addresses. Of course thats not true. Your email address is of no value to us if you turn off the two "tick boxes" that allow us to email you about updates and XNews. Reasons FOR this way of downloading are:

- We can make sure that each customer always gets the correct version of the patch. Now already there are two version but very soon we will have a really huge amount of different patch versions. The registration keys allow us to always offer only those patches you really need.

- The registration key system allows us to build up a couple of other cool services in the future. It started with this download section and the support forum but we have a few things in mind which are really cool and not possible unless we can uniquely identify each player.

- Yes fighting piracy is an argument for this method too. Not the main one though.

Thanks for listening... ;-)

-Bernd

Tharn
x2

Post by Tharn » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:33

Whatever you do, don't mention piracy. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:spam: :spam: :spam:

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 05:33

Thanks for keeping everyone updated on the patch, and on the public forum... Even the people that have not received the game yet (i.e. like me) can have an idea of what is going on... Once again, this shows good customer relations and support... Great work!

White Tiger
x2

Thanks for a good job

Post by White Tiger » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 05:36

You guys at EgoSoft have done a great job with X2. If registering my game will provide me with better patches and service in the future then I am all for it. Piracy not only hurts the developers of a game, but also the players in the long run. These people who copy games illegally do not care who they hurt.

incarna
x2

Post by incarna » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 05:42

Patch has fixed my save game bloat and the game is running silky again. Looking forward to these registered features as well.

Just wanted to say thanks.

azombie
x3

Post by azombie » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 06:08

it is also probably the foundation of how the xonline universe is going to work as well i bet...can't wait...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 06:31

Thanks Bernd and a big thanks to all your people working so hard on this. It is still the best customer service I have come across with any game! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

I did not have a lot problems with the game, those I had were avoidable by different approach. However, the patch did speed up the game in Boron space, which is great :D

Keep up the good work!

Ben_Kneel
x2

Post by Ben_Kneel » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 07:29

To get access to mulitmonitor modes you can use a dual or tripple head graphic cards or turn on the "horizontal span" in the NVidia NView tool.
I have a fully functional, dual monitor setup, but do not have any extra options that are referred to.

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. Windows works great with both monitors.

Perhaps this web page should be changed to only reflect Nvidia options, not any multi-monitor setup. :(

Aside from this point, THANK YOU!

:)
Ben Kneel

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 07:47

Have a beer......

......and get some sleep Bernd

Oh yeah.....thanks

The game is running sweet :D

Caesar_a

Post by Caesar_a » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 09:05

About piracy.

You need a good trade network in most countries, not dilers, they selling for higher prices, so people who want`s to buy game buying it from pirates.

.natrix

Post by .natrix » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 10:37

About that "piracy"

I live in the country(Lithuania) where is IMPOSSIBLE to get legal versions of the games, unless after about 1-2 years when the game was released. i cant buy games from auctions or online shops because theres NO WAY to deliver that game to my living place. So the piracy is the last chance for me to try great games such as X2.
Yeah im feeling really horrible because im cheating but I promise, im gonna buy legal version of X2(when it appears in Lithuania) cos i love this game.

p.s.: again, sorry for my english...i just have no time for fixing these errors:). maybe later... ;)

Proboarder

Post by Proboarder » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 10:52

Piracy..

w00t?
nothing wrong about stealing stuff, hey! u don´t have to pay for it.. >_<

damit, people are stupid :(

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 11:12

can we just keep this one clear for the waiters who want to read about patch pro`s and cons..

muchos grassy arse.. :wink:

Sveze

Post by Sveze » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 13:29

Thanks for the quick work on the patch guys, a job well done.
You also stated...
"We have put together a long list of tipps on how to improve performance and all I can say is that it should generally be possible to play the game beween OK and perfect on every system above minumum specs. Its just a matter of which settings you can turn on. LowEnd systems will of course have to turn off advanced graphic features."

Great, but where's the list? :oops:

rhohltjr
x3tc

patch size?

Post by rhohltjr » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 14:37

How big is the 1.1 patch?

thx. 8)

krijtgat

Post by krijtgat » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 14:51

i hope the patch will fix my freeze crashes

Apothos
x3tc

Re: patch size?

Post by Apothos » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 16:28

rhohltjr wrote:How big is the 1.1 patch?
Just under 7MB.

Skullguise
x4

Post by Skullguise » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 16:29

krijtgat wrote:i hope the patch will fix my freeze crashes
It fixed mine. And I was getting a LOT of crashes. I don't seem to have any now.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 16:29

Sveze wrote:Great, but where's the list? :oops:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/info/patch11info/

badtz

Post by badtz » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:07

About 7mg compressed. not a painful download at all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”