*[FEEDBACK?] 4\24\07 Rebel's Ridge Mod...By Pogi

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 6. May 07, 23:29

@blazermick...First, take a deep breath and don't let your blood pressure get to high..Not good for you.. :D

There has been 34 downloads of Rebels Ridge with two reported complaints, yours and Chris Gi's..Chris figured his out, so I can only assume that there is some problem at your end..With that said your options are as follows:

Do a complete re-install of X2 (delete the Egosoft folder after uninstall)
Make sure you upgrade properly to 1.4
Download my newest mod (it has improvements over the last and many more ships) and try it instead.

Run a program such as CCleaner (filehippo.com) "after" you uninstall the game..This cleans up a lot of resident files as well as the registry.

If you don't want to re-install the game the only advice I have is to start a "regular" game with regular map..Go into the script editor and "re-iniate" script cache"....Hmmmm you deleted your backup folder?..I would suggest you re-install the game.

Here is a tip: I make a backup copy of the "entire" Egosoft folder when I install the game...I do a fresh install, upgrade to 1.4 and add all the bonus material, then I right click on the main Egosoft folder and save the entire folder to a .rar file using winrar. Whenever I have a serious problem then with scripts acting stupid or just want to start from scratch again, I just simply "delete" the original Egosoft folder and drag and drop the new one back in from my backup..No need to go thru the un-install process and the registry is not effected..Quick and easy...Good luck
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:08

Feedback? Anybody playing this? 74 downloads since release..Comments?

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:28

I've downloaded it, and it works fine, I just havent played it too much, been pre-occupied with another mod at the moment. So far though it looks really cool. Good work. One thing that bothers me a bit (yeah, I'm picky) is no telling you what ship you've selected or where the next gate leads...niggly things I know, but they bug me a tiny bit.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 17:53

Thanks for your comment...Yeah I know what you mean, but that would entail my wife changing her name to Betty and me figuring out how to add audio to the game....Both very unlikely to happen :D

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 23:18

Adding audio like ship names and such isn't that difficult at all. The only problem may be your wife :D (mine didn't change her name to Betty either, so I had to work with samples from the audio that came with the game).

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 12:30

Hey Pogi... Just offering feedback.. None of your mods work for me... fully reloads etc but still doesnt work. However its not a problem as every other mod i have works fine. I understand that after 80odd downloads that it must be my end according to u, however its funny that its only yours. :?

Currently i have over 25 mods avail to play, all of which work incl. a no of deadlys works, and some more obscureones. All run well without dramas.

This is feedback only as u asked. I run X2 and X3 on dedicated systems and have only ever had problems with urs. The idea however of low lag which is what intrigued me has been added to my giant mod and i find does seem to run better now. I do appreciate the idea with the nebulae etc. Thanks for that. :)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 21:32

Bumping for feedback 162 DL since release...Anyone still playing this? Problems suggestions?..Cheers

ACE0

Post by ACE0 » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 21:10

Hey mate.
Could you please update the thread with a new download link?
I want to try out this mod, but I cannot get it from anywhere. :(
Can you reupload it onto mediafire?

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 17. Oct 13, 21:18

Just for anyone else, I do have a copy on XDownloads:
[ external image ]
Last edited by SS_T on Thu, 26. Nov 15, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

ACE0

Post by ACE0 » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 20:38

Thanks much for the download link! Much appreciated! :)

HashtagMC
x3

The game crashes after starting the mod

Post by HashtagMC » Wed, 3. Dec 14, 16:19

I extracted the file into my X2-folder, mods into /mods, scripts into /scripts, t-files into /t, but if i play the mod universe Rebels_Ridge, the game crashes.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”