Need Factory information: Every little helps. :)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

Need Factory information: Every little helps. :)

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 00:45

Hello all.

I have never been one for using cheats to achieve an end so my progress on my economy guide in one area is going rather slowly. I need to know what every factory in the game requires and what it produces.

It is ok if you only know the details for one factory, simply post it below. Here is what I have already. You can see the format below, name, number of requirements, number of products produced.

Easy stuff.

Im hoping to get the laser tower factory stuff soonish but the khaak are currently killing my laser tower freighters so quickly its ran out of goods. :/

UPDATED: constantly being updated :).

What I need is goods used per cycle and the product name and number produced from those goods. The extra info will be useful later and will not be wasted but at this time im focusing on how many resources are required to produce the goods a factory turns out.

Thanks to Lothmoth, TD005013, Slocket, Strangelove, ThePegasus and Nobbystyles :)
For this forums readers, here is the calculation you need to make to work out your min selling price (break even price) from this data.

For every resource your factory needs note down your buy price. Then look your factory up on the list below and find the number of each resource it uses. Next multiple number of each resource it uses by the buy price you noted down to get cost for all resources used to produce X amount goods in your factory. If your factory requires more than 1 resource, EG Argon Beef and Energy cells, add the total cost to buy for each of those resources together to get the total cost for all resources needed to produce x amount of goods. You know have the cost of the goods your factory must buy to make 1 load of goods per cycle.

Now look up the detail screen info, right at the top there will be a number of items produced per cycle. Divide your total by that amount to get your break even selling price. Selling at anything higher than that figure will be pure profit.

This system will always be accurate no matter where you place your factories or what has already effected the local prices.

I'll try and make this calculation easier to read later. It is not hard, its just simple multiplication, some addition and little division and you will be rolling in cash. :)
1MW Shield Factory = 90 Energy, 60 Meatsteaks and 15 Ore make two 1 MW Shields.

BoGas Factory = 18 Energy makes 1 Bogas.

Bofu Chemical Lab = 18 Energy and 1 Bogas makes 3 Bofu.

Bliss Place = 60 Energy and 8 SwampPlants make 1 Spaceweed.

Crystal Fab (Argon) = 120 Energy, 80 Meat steak Cahoonas, 5 Silicon makes 8 Crystals.

Crystal Fab (Boron) = 120 Energy, 20 Bofu, 5 Silicon makes 8 Crystals.

Cahoona Bakery = 15 Energy and 3 Argon Beef makes 10 Meat steak Cahoonas.

Cattle Farm = 15 Energy makes 3 Argon Beef.

Chelt Aquarium = 15 Energy makes 3 Chelt Meat.

Chip Plant (Teladi) = 120 Energy, 80 Nostrop Oil and 5 Silicon make 1 Microchip.

Drone Factory = 72 Energy, 96 Mossom Powder, 3 Silicon Wafers makes 4 Drones.

Flower Farms = 15 Energy makes 15 Sunrise Flowers.

Laser Tower Factory (Teladi) = 1650 Energy, 1100 Nostrop and 275 Ore makes 1 Laser Tower.

Masson Mill = 15 Energy and 15 Scruffin makes 20 Masson Power.

Mass Driver Factory = 2400 Energy, 160 Meatsteaks and 400 Ore makes 1 Mass Driver

Mass Driver Ammo Factory = 24 Energy, 16 Meatsteaks and 4 Ore makes 2 Mass Driver Ammo.

Navigation Satellite Factory (Argon) = 120 Energy, 160 Majagit and 5 Silicon makes 2 Navigation Satelites.

Ore Mine = 12 Energy makes 2 Ore.

Power Plant = 2 Crystals makes 276 Energy Cells.

Rimes Factory = 12 Energy and 18 Wheat make 3 Rimes.

Sunoil Refinery = 15 Energy, 15 Sunrise Flowers makes 10 Nostrop Oil.

Soy Farm = 15 Energy makes 12 Soya Beans.

Silkworm Missile Factory (Argon) = 90 Energy, 60 Meatsteaks and 15 Ore makes 2 Silkworm Missiles.

Snail Farm = 15 Energy makes 2 Maja Snails.

Space Jewellry = 15 Energy and 2 Maja Snails make 20 Majaglit.

Silicon Mine = 24 Energy makes 1 Silicon.

Space Fuel Distillery = 15 Energy and 10 Wheat make 1 Space Fuel.

Wheat Farm = 15 Energy makes 10 Wheat.

Abyss is making a guide up and wants everything in by the 10th of Jan. So if you can help make this list as complete as possible before than I would be greatful.

If anybody is wondering how useful this is consider how you calculate how much to charge for you goods when number of goods required is known and the local price is there to check against. You can do a quick bit of math and come up with your min selling price. Everything above that is pure profit. :)

Very useful stuff and because we do not deal with prices in our chart the information is always valid. :)

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Thu, 8. Jan 04, 16:54, edited 14 times in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Grox
x2

Post by Grox » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 01:33

all i have is an spp and a crystal fab so my knowledge is worthless...

Slocket
x2

Rimes Factory stats

Post by Slocket » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 02:06

Rimes Factory: 3 Rimes from 18 Wheat and 12 E-cells.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cycle time 1:12 = 1.20 minutes.

NPC Rimes Factory uses no Secondary resources, either.

Bought in Argon shipyard at cost 973860. Volume 7500 ST

Cloth Rimes: price (228. 292. 356) Holds 832. size 2S

Delexian Wheat: price (18. 32. 46) Holds 3333. size 1S

Energy Cells: price (9. 16. 23) Holds 5000. size 1S

Production cost is 1 Rime for 13 energy cells.

Cost Rate in E-cells per minute is 10.83

*Average Profit 3*(292-208) avg sell-cost/ 1.2 = 210 credits/minute. | SPP1= 600 credits/min

*Rimes Max Trade Value (356-228) max-min/ 2 volume = 64 credits/volume | SPP1 = 14 credits/volume
------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: SPP needs less E-cells per crystal. Still the fastest money maker? 1 crystal = 60 E thus SPP cell yield should be toned down to about 240 cells/crystal instead of 276.

This would incourage people to build other plants, no guaranteed profit unless you actively baby sit and trade the SPP goods, or good location, or your own factory uses. Silicon Mines could be tweaked too.

I think I will make a new thread and guide on factory stats for this extra stuff. I am getting off topic. Just the basic what makes what.
Last edited by Slocket on Sat, 3. Jan 04, 20:49, edited 5 times in total.

Acidic
x2

Re: Need Factory information: Every little helps. :)

Post by Acidic » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 03:25

Computer Plant - 2 Computer Components Per Minute

Silicon Mine - Aprox : <Production Time In Seconds> = 2314 / Silicon Yield On Asteroid

Ore Mine - Aprrox : Aprox : <Production Time seconds > = 598 / Ore Yield on Asteroid

Sorry, thats all I have
Acidic
Novas caught - 216
Rank - UNCC Captain Of The Forces
Title - Former UNCC Fleet Admiral [Retired]

UncaPathy
x3

Post by UncaPathy » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 16:04

I'll try to help.

LOL, though you may want to verify what I come up with.

I can't even get a SPP to operate at a profit....yet. Mainly due to price of crystals....very high (always over 1720 credits each).

wombi
x2

Post by wombi » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 16:30

I buy my crystals at 1936 and make a killing with my SSPs. I put my plants in Rolks Drift, Greater Profit, and Herron's Nebula. There are always buyers for 21credit energy cells around so look at it this way.

21(energy celling price)*276(cells per batch) - 1936(price of crystal)*2(crystals per batch)=1924credits/batch

Further:
Time/Batch=1:46m=106s ***I'm not quite sure if this is right cause the game constantly intermixes minutes/seconds with mizura/sezura.***
seconds/hour=3600
In Conclusion: 1924credits/batch*batch/106s*3600s/hr=65343credits/hr

Try using TPs to buy crystals. You don't need all the cargo room of a TS because you can almost never get more than 32 crystals in one run. The speed of a TP allows the SSP to keep stocked on crystals.
Wombi

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 18:30

65343 credit/hour for a SPP1 (one sun at cycle time 1.75 minutes) = 1089 credits/minute selling at 21 per cell.

I used the average of 16 and if you compenstated 16/21 * 1089 =829 credits/min. I have 600 cr/min using average price and prodution cost.

Any way you can see that SPP is the way to go to make money very fast credits per minute. The best way is to tone down the E-cells produced per crystal down from 276 to 240. It would not put you in the red, but you would have to think a little bit more on where to place it, or just use it to run your own factories.

You can only make these huge profits with SPP if you have somewhere to sell them. I just wanted to make a starter SPP harder to make a profit, not be the ultimate profit maker it is now. A good location and crystal supply, this is worth 4 other factories!

X-T did the best job of balancing the SPP, you were not guaranteed a profit unless you baby sit it (personally watch over it). This forced you to eventually build another factory that cost more in order to not have to watch it. Then use ther SPP cells for your own use.

As is, SPP rule as long as the market is not flooded, even if buying crystals at the Max price.
Last edited by Slocket on Sat, 3. Jan 04, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 18:34

I have 2 wheat Farms in the wall and they make allot of money, I have them set to sell wheat for 40cr can I max them and make more money or is that getting too greedy? Also how many wheat farms can I put in the wall and still make money?
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 18:37

Alrighty, I'll help out. I've had some pretty odd factories, as I've wanted to see how they work out.

[ rant]
TO MY DISSAPOINTMENT, however, almost all of the factories profits are the same, which sort of irritated me. SPP still seem to be the highers profit makers, although other factories should clearly beat them out. And if Egosoft decides to fix this (I pray to god it does) then it should not simply make energy cells less profitable, but other goods more profitable. So until then, most of this info is pretty useless. Just buy SPPs. :evil:
[/ rant]

Sorry, I've been playing X2 for the past 14 days, and after researching other plant types, I became a little fustrated. Well here you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bliss Place

CycleTime= 4:00m (240s)
ProductsPerCycle= 1
CyclesPerHour=15 /ProductsPerHour=15

ProfitPerHour= (@3775cr)=56,625
(@max-4174cr)=62,625

UsesResourcesPerCycle= (60 Ecells/8 SwampPlant)
EneryCostPerCycle=(@16cr)=960
SwampPlantCostPerCycle=(@109cr)=872
TotalProductionCost(PerCycle)=1832cr

Total Profit Made Per Cycle= (@3775)=1943 (@4174)= 2342cr
Total Profit Made Per Hour=(@3775)=29,145 (@4174)= 35,130

MAX PROFIT YOU CAN MAKE WITH THIS STATION PER HOUR= 43,605

Now what really ticks me off here, is that I owned this a Bliss Place, and had to revert to a save because of how unprofitable it was. (It shouldn't be!!!!) It had it's own SPP and DreamFarm, both giving it it's resources at the lowest price possible. The Bliss Place was located in Bala Gi's Joy, meaning it was near 5 pirate stations, all of which had a huge demand for the stuff. Still, the most I could make with my Bliss Place was 43,605 per hour. Less then a SPP. This bliss place should have been a gold mine due to the extreme care and setup I gave it (i.e. supporting factories), but the way they are fixed prevents that from ever happening. (and the whole set up of all the factories cost me way over 3 million. Fat chance of ever earning that back. :evil:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPP coming next.....

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 18:59

TD005013 wrote: [ rant]
TO MY DISSAPOINTMENT, [/ rant]
What you are failing to realise is that once your spp's start to flood the economy the demand will decrease as will profits in power

very soon you will realise that a factory does not just run on power alone and you will need to start inserting factories to keep the chain sustainable

I have corned a good deal of the universe where i have a spp serving 2 sectors and then another to keep the chain going.

My factory count is nearly 80 now and i'm spending all my time putting up support fabs and mines ect

Patience grasshopper ;)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

As you can see, The money I'm making is obscene but when i'm planning on 1 m6 for every 5 sectors and at least 2 cap ships it's needed :D
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:00

I am trying to make a chart to show as of v1.1 what the 'average' profits for each factory is without regard to local prices (location) and good deals on products bought or sold.

It should be the lowest cost factories, SPP and Mine; be the lowest profit producers.

Higher up the food chain, the more profit and expensive factories.

I do understand some factories have to be balanced for special such as Space Fuel and SpaceWeed facories due to thier unique selling nature (only pirate bases (and a few trading stations) buy the stuff at a set rate, never the maximum is a problem right there for you).

We can change the economy with a Econ MOD; that is what I am messing with until patch 1.2 is out. Any word?

I hope they rebalance some of this odd economics, agreed. Unless you want to use the factories for strategic purposes whether they make a good profit or not. IE having you own personal Weapons industry before going to war with a neighboring Race.

SPP need best way lower E-cells per crystal (like in X-T); and/or longer production cycle (harder to mod, depends on number of suns, more stuff to change).

Plus, as you stated, make other factories more profitable.

I am making a TEXT file to show this information for comparison.

Maybe with input we can decide on a Econ Mod that balances out factories for more of a challenge and satisfaction.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:07

LV: Can you get the info I need from your factories place ?
It would be a great help.

Especially the Boron Crystal Fab as it will not be using Cahoonas and this the specs will be different. I really need to add faction names for certain factories i think.

Giskard

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:08

Solar Power Plant

@150 Sun (average)

CycleTime= 1:46m (106s)
Products Per Cycle= 276
Resources used Per Cycle= 2 Crystals

CyclesPerHour= ~34
ProductsMadePerHour= 9284
ProfitMadePerHour: (ProductionCostNotAddedIn)
(EC@16cr)= 148,544
(EC@18cr)= 167,112
(EC@23cr)= 213,532

ProductionCostPerCycle:
(Crystals@1725)= 3450cr
(Crystals@1825)= 3650cr

ProductionCostPerHour:
(Crystals@1725)= 117,300
(Crystals@1825)= 124,100

ACTUALL PROFIT PER HOUR:
(EC@16, CRY@1725)= 31,244
(EC@16, CRY@1825)= 24,444
(EC@18, CRY@1725)= 49.812
(EC@18, CRY@1825)= 43,012
(EC@23, CRY@1725)= 96,232
(EC@23, CRY@1825)= 89,432

MAX PROFIT YOU CAN MAKE WITH SPP PER HOUR: (With Your supporting Crystal Fab)

Now, usually it is very hard to make that max profit with a SPP, however, it is easy to make around the average of 89,432 per hour with them. So far, this is the most profitable factory I have come across ( :evil: ), and taking into the account of the cheapness of the factory and supporting ships, and it's the easiest to manage as well. Sadly the SPP even beats high demand, multiple resources needed, and expensive products, such as SpaceWeed and NosDropOil in Split Space.

Sun oil Refinary up next....

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:14

@giskard tell me exactly what you need and i will supply :)

Been out with the lads today so my reading glasses are a tad beer stained ;)

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:17

TD005013: First thing I did was check if the sun level made any difference in between The wall, Argon prime and Seizewell.

Argon Prime and the wall both produce energy every 1.49 seconds where as seizewell takes 1.59 seconds or something close to that.

The difference is very slight.

Giskard

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:22

Wow TD005013, Very cool and EXTREAMLY Helpful Info,

As I just have 2 wheat Farms in the wall (I restarted from a past saved game due to bad factory placement in Argon Prime) I figured makeing 50,000 an hour was unbelievably excellent (Or what ever they make) but I never had a idea what was considered good, figured as long as it was makeing money it was good

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:23

Lv: Hehehe know what your mean mate :)

What i need is this.

Your factory will list the goods it requires and the goods produced when you check the station detail screen.

All you need do is note down the stock of goods the factory has just before it finishes producing its own goods and then note down the stock of goods after it starts a new cycle to produce more goods. Then subtract the initial goods from the remaining goods to get the goods used to produce X amount of its own produce.

Then post the goods name along with goods it used for each resource it needs and the goods name it produces and number of those goods it created from the resources it needs. This bit is straight forward because its listed right at the top of the detail screen.

Its a bit of messing about I know but if you could that it would be a great help. Check the list above for factories we already have information for.

No point repeating whats already been done.

One word of warning, be sure your freighters dont drop off more goods whilst your waiting for the cycle to end or your figures will be wrong. This is why i note down the remaining goods 30 seconds before it changes, it reduces the chances of error. :)

TD: I had a list somewhere that calculated the min cost for Energy based on crystals brought for 1500. It was very handy for calculating everything else (other factory running costs). Might be worth including I think.

Giskard

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:27

@LV,

can you post were to place factorys and what to sell the product for, and what you buy the resorses for? I just guess on my factorys as I have no idea what to set the sell and buy ratios at. Or mabey just post a few examples? Please.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:36

Shadow: What your asking for changes from game to game. Especially if your own factorys effect the local economy and drive prices up or down.

If you look up your factory on the list in the first post in this thread and cross reference the goods your factory needs with other factorys to get the best buy price. All you need to do then is multiple the number of goods you factory will use as listed in the first post by the price your paying for that item to get the total cost to buy the goods per cycle.

Do this for every item your factory needs, add them all togather and then divide the total by the number of goods you factory produces to get your break even selling price.

Anything higher than that will be pure profit no matter where the factory is.

Selling the goods if the price is too high may be a problem though :)

Giskard

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:42

Ok thanks I'll check it out, thanks for the response :)
I keep haveing to re-start from a pre-factory placment save cause of stupid decitions...like a crystal Fab in Argon Prime, needs too many resorces, why does it need meat to make crystals? I guess makeing crystals is Hungy work.
Last edited by ShadowTek on Sat, 3. Jan 04, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”