The Gate (TT3) - Chptr 4 completed (28/01/04)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Mercenary
x3tc

The Gate (TT3) - Chptr 4 completed (28/01/04)

Post by Mercenary » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 19:40

The Gate Chapters.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Completed under the ********
Merc
8)

------------------------

Tor paced his office as he studied several screens. Despite his disturbed night he looked remarkably fresh and alert, the Mohrabas warships were only one thousand k's out and closing rapidly as they shed speed to inter-sector levels.

As faintly glowing dots, even on maximum magnification, Tor could not make out any detail. The other screens showed transports and security patrol movements. For the moment he missed the gentle hum of the machinery of the Silicon Mine as it sat idle to conserve its stock of energy cells. He knew the other station Commanders had a similar problem until the Crystal Fab could be brought on line. Quietly he hoped today was going to be a good day.

Checking his time piece he calculated that he had about thirty Mizura before he needed to be on the Power Plant. Leaving his office he headed towards the Command Centre. There were only two coordinators on duty and he spoke to Alaisha, who generally appeared nervous when spoken to face to face, but had the responsibility of being in charge in the absence of Liann, "In fifteen Mizura, could you ensure that all fighters and transports are back on station."

Alaisha replied quietly, "Yes, Sir."

Tor gave an encouraging smile and said, "Thanks. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Defiance."

Alaisha nodded, "Yes, Sir."

With the occasional acknowledgement of staff, Tor strode across the docking bay and stepped in to the Defiance. The airlock doors sealed and departure clearance was granted. Tensioning the seat restraints Tor guided the ship through the docking tunnel and out in to the void.

Tor requested, "Sweety give me an update on the incoming ships."

Sweety replied, "Estimated arrival will be in forty seven Mizuras."

Checking his time piece Tor commented, "Do you think I can persuade the Paranid to help us in twenty Mizuras?"

Sweety replied cheerfully, "If you do it will be a new all time record."

Tor commented, "What if I'm late?"

Sweety tutted, "Expect to be turned away at the door, and it will not be easy to set up another meeting."

Considering the two options Tor knew which he preferred and he asked, "Advice Sweety. What would you do?"

There was a moments quiet then Sweety replied, "Visit the Paranid."

Tor responded, "I had hoped you would pick the other one."

Sweety asked, "Are you asking me to choose again?"

Tor quickly replied, "No, but I am interested in why the Paranid?"

Sweety replied, "It would give you a better standing with your negotiation, in that you deem your meeting with them is more important than some random visit by unknown aliens."

With a wry smile Tor commented, "I'm glad you didn't slip the word 'hostile' in there."

Turning the Defiance, Tor targeted the Solar Power Plant and hit the boost.

Parrel studied the screens as he sat quietly in his seat. The intermittent sound of chat from the comms breaking the calm tranquility of the bridge. The Mizuras slipped by and he noted that all of Tors' fighters had withdrawn in to the mine. The other station owners had followed suit shortly afterwards and he speculated that the owners would prefer them not to be at the forefront of any potential fight. In many respects he would have preferred to have the same option. As it was the corvette positioned itself close to the lasertowers that defended a currently empty piece of space. Most of the Roamers fighters were docked and the rest lingered near to the corvette.

Sheero reported, "Incoming vessels at fifty k's and closing. Sir, their weapons are fully charged."

Parrel replied, "Acknowledged, we will maintain position. All fighters to remain at their current location."

Chareth commented, "Still no communication from the alien ships."

Parrel considered the irony of the statement, that he was the alien and those ships belonged to the locals. He responded, "Keep scanning all frequencies."

The screen displaying the incoming ships had them adopt an aggressive attack formation. Sheero commented, "Doesn't look too friendly."

Parrel glanced at the technical readout. The speed had dropped to inter-sector levels of three hundred and seventy mps. The time to interception was just over three Mizuras.

Chareth called out, "Captain Leyron is asking to intercept the alien ships."

Parrel replied, "Tell the Captain to maintain position."

Time rolled on and the five ships appeared to have no intention of standing down. With nervous apprehension all eyes focused on the main viewer.

Sheero commented, "We are now in firing range. Incoming weapons fire detected!"

Bolts of energy streamed out from the five corvettes as they broke formation.

Parrel commanded, "Brace for impact!"

Several moments passed and nothing happened. Parrel looked around curiously, "Report."

Sheero glanced at the scanners, "They missed. Coming around for a second pass. Corvette and fighters are coming to our assistance."

Parrel commanded, "All fighters to stand down. Immediately."

Sheero responded, "But?"

Parrel looked around, "Don't question it. All fighters stand down, that's an order!"

Sheero gave the order and each one of the bridge crew looked around a little confused and silence descended.

Parrel waited for a moment, then looked across at Sheero, and explained, "The Roamer is an extremely large target and as we're stationary it would be very difficult to miss. Unless of course you had some extraordinarily incompetent gunners."

Sheero gave a slight shake of the head, "If they're testing us Sir, then I can think of much less provocative ways of doing it."

Parrel nodded and with a smile he said, "I would have to agree it does seem a little excessive. However we must assume that they've not had much experience with other races for some time to know that they're overdoing it."

The calm and relaxed attitude of the Commander appeared to ease the tension on the bridge and light hearted chat broke out. Parrel asked, "What's the status of the alien ships?"

Sheero replied, "Their weapon systems are offline and they are scanning stations and ships."

Parrel commented, "Looks like we passed the test. Let's hope we can get over the comms problem."

Chareth reported, "We have re-established contact with the shuttle. Crew and ship are unharmed."

Parrel smiled with a sense of relief, "Excellent news, order them to return to the Roamer."

ThiRioth examined the plants in his office, the slightly sweet scent of the Lavajar flowers just pervading the air. With a swift motion of his razor sharp claws he pinched out a trailing shoot bud. Carefully he added a few drops of plant feed. The door swished open behind him and with the slight sniff he recognised the scent of ThoBeight.

In terms of height and build ThiRioth was considered indisputably one of the tallest and broadest of the Mohrabas that had ever lived. At two metres and seventy five centimetres in height he stood nearly half a meter taller than ThoBeight. Many speculated that he could rule just by virtue of his presence. After his ascendancy in the hierarchy of the Mohrabas council chambers, ThoBeight and many of the councillors quickly realized that ThiRioths' mind was sharper than any claw. He had a vision for the Mohrabas people and at first it was at odds with traditional thinking and yet without force or intimidation he had moved opinion. Yet if anyone tried to undermine him through subterfuge or sabotage he would crush the life from them with one hand.

ThoBeight knew that if you disagreed with ThiRioth on anything that you speak your mind to his face and he would acknowledge and discuss the matter with no sign of bitterness or anger. If the argument was well reasoned and justified then ThiRioth would concede and modify his stance on the issue. However if you spoke behind his back and he discovered this then the results could be terminal. ThiRioth was very well connected and nothing escaped his attention in this respect.

ThiRioth purred, "You have news for me."

This was not a question but a statement. ThoBeight responded, "Excellency I can report the aliens have shown every sign of being of peaceful persuasion."

ThiRioth nodded slowly, "This is good news." There was a brief pause, "But by whose orders did our ships discharge their weapons?"

ThoBeight shifted uncomfortably, "I take responsibility, Excellency."

Dropping the severed bud into a small container ThiRioth turned his head and looked at him. His voice showed no sign of changing its passive tone as he said, "There is a fine line between testing and provocation. Be thankful they did not respond. Now what is the progress with establishing voice links?"

ThoBeight replied, "We are ready for you, Excellency."

Turning and padding across the floor in fluid movement ThiRioth commented, "Councillor I shall announce you as our ambassador in the first meeting of our races. You shall establish their purpose here and what has happened to the Khlarakin."

+++++++++++

The meeting with Molamanckebale had gone much better than Tor had expected. Twice they had been interrupted with news of the arrival and the subsequent chain of events and Tor had calmly sat waiting. Inside however he had been anything but calm and each time had yearned to be behind the flightstick of the Defiance. Yet he managed to keep his desire to get out of the station under control.

Now as Tor sat in the pilot seat of the Defiance he was comfortable and it felt right. Under station guidance the Defiance left the docking port and Tor hit the boost.

Sweety commented, "We are scanned."

Tor glanced across to see one of the Mohrabas warships close in fast. Tor said, "Bring the ship to a stop." He turned the Defiance to face the Mohrabas ship.

Sweety said, "Warship weapons systems are on line. We have additional company."

Tor asked, "How many?"

Sweety replied, "Four. They have powered up weapons."

The universe seemed to hold its collective breath, Tor commented, "How's the strafe drive?"

Sweety replied, "Working fine, but until the shooting starts I think taking our weapons offline might be a better idea."

Tor commented, "I trust you, do what you think is best."

Sweety took the weapons offline however it left the ship unshielded and she reported, "I guess that made no difference." Shields and weapons came back on line.

Tor said, "Okay, I haven't a clue what to do next!"

Sweety replied, "We could try shooting our way out, but I think waiting to see what happens next is the easiest solution."

Two Mizura went past before the warships moved away. Tor commented, "Well that seemed to go okay."

Sweety commented, "Speak for yourself. I tried to find a way in to their computer systems, but it is impossible without a recognisable comms interface to work with."

Tor smiled, "I thought you'd given up hacking into other computers?"

Sweety replied softly, "Only if they ask me not to." Then in her normal tone she announced, "We have an incoming message."

Tor asked, "Who from?"

Sweety replied, "Broden."

Engaging the thrusters and turning the ship to face the Silicon Mine. Tor commented, "On viewer."

Broden looked a happy man, "Hi Tor, just thought I'd let you know that we've just picked up a message from the Mohrabas."

Tor smiled and asked, "What did they say?"

Broden replied, "They're sending an Ambassador to begin dialogues as they have many questions for us and expect we have many questions to ask them in return."

Tor commented, "Excellent news. Did they say when they're going to turn up?"

Broden looked at the transcript, "If the translation has this right. The meeting will be in two Tazura."

Glancing at the distance reading Tor said, "I'll be back on board in a few Mizura, this calls for a drink."

Broden said, "Looking forward to it, Sir."

The comm went quiet and Tor enjoyed the rest of the flight back to the station. He was slightly surprised to find that Broden was not at the bar but ordered two drinks off the bar tender. Chatting to some of the locals he hardly noticed the time pass by and it was only at the end of his first ale he noted that there was still no sign of the Station Commander.

Halfway down the second ale, Broden stormed into the bar. His face was like thunder and it appeared that he was barely able to control his rage. Tor watched without saying a word as he picked up the ale and downed it in one and equally swiftly followed it with a second.

Tor feeling a little awkward in speaking said, "Go steady there."

Slamming the empty glass on the bar it bounced up and shattered on the rebound. Unconcerned Broden took a deep breath and without looking at Tor said, "You'd best take a seat. Barman two whiskies and fill the glasses."

Without question, and despite the rationing of the liquid due to it becoming a rare commodity, the barman filled two half size tumblers and passed them over.

Tor perched on a barstool picked up one of the glasses, cautiously he sipped the liquid whilst Broden just stared at the glass. Tor asked, "Mind telling me what this is about."

Brodens jaw tensed and he said clearly enough for everyone in the bar to hear he said, "You're no longer governor."

Tor carefully put the glass back on the bar and said quietly, "Run that by me again."

Broden responded, "You've just been voted out on a vote of no confidence, three votes to one and an abstention."

The bar was completely quiet and all eyes were turned, Tor said, "This can't be right. They can't do that."

Picking up his glass Broden emptied it, "Under Argon Sector Law, the Station Commanders can, if there is no formally recognised constitutional government, nominate a single member as governor. They also have the right to remove and appoint an alternative with a vote of no-confidence in the incumbent Governor, should the need arise."

Tor looked at the glass, he felt confused, "But where's the need?"

For the first time Broden looked at Tor and replied with distaste, "They don't think you're fit to negotiate with the Mohrabas. That you do not have the experience needed."

Taking another sip from his glass Tor asked calmly, "What did Parrel have to say."

Broden said, "He wasn't there."

This gave some false hope to Tor and he commented, "Wasn't there. Then this vote is meaningless. He would have to ratify it."

Broden shook his head, "Parrel is neutral and isn't a Station Commander. His views, as was so clearly pointed out, don't count."

Tor sat quietly. Broden seemed surprised and had almost expected Tor to have shown a great deal more rage than he currently did. He for one had been livid with the underhanded nature of the other commanders. Inside he knew their behaviour was generated by greed, alien technology to be sold to the highest bidder if they ever returned to the core sectors and Tor was an obstacle in their way.

Tor commented out loud, "Sweety can you reverse the Ghojo program?"

Sweety replied over the comm, "It will be difficult but it is possible."

In Tor his own sense of anger was rising fast and he said quietly, "I want it removed from every ship except the Defiance."

Broden understood Tors reaction yet this decision gave him certain reservations about the response. Glancing across he commented bitterly, "That will seriously disadvantage us against a Khaak attack."

Tor responded quietly, "Sweety, just leave three of this stations fighters modified."

The barman delivered two more glasses of whisky sensing there was still a need. Broden picked his up and this time sipped it as he considered how Tor should respond officially to the situation. As it was the bar was getting crowded as news spread through the station.

One pilot gave commented from the crowd, "Just give us the word and we'll go change their mind for you." There were many murmurs of concurrence.

Commander Parrel received the news as he rested in his room. He contemplated it for a moment then got up and dressed, "Dorlf, tell first officer Sheero to meet me in the briefing room."

He took his time in reaching the briefing room as he gathered his thought on how this might impact Tor and what it could ultimately mean for their survival chances if things did not go well in their negotiations with the Mohrabas, and ultimately the crossing of Khaak held territory.

Sheero was already waiting and studying the latest updates on the monitor, he had the look of a man just woken up from deep sleep, "You wanted to see me, Sir."

Parrel replied, "Thanks for joining me at short notice and I apologise for waking you." As he sat down he continued, "We have a change of governor."

Sheero commented, "I've just read about that. It's going to make life a little bit more interesting for a while."

Parrel said, "Yes but we need to anticipate his reaction."

Sheero glanced up from his screen, "I think we already know what that is. You'd better look at the latest report, Sir."

Parrel opened the screen on the desk in front of him and scanned through, "Well if that's the only thing he does I guess we should be thankful."

Dorlf announced, "I have an urgent incoming message from Governor Hollant."

Parrel commented to Sheero, "Now why doesn't that surprise me." Turning his attention to the room in general he said, "Put him on viewer."

Garet said, "Commander sorry to disturb you. However this matter will need your special attention. You may not be aware that Tor Gralls ship the Defiance has sabotaged a number of ships including many of your own."

Parrel kept his face expressionless, "Really?"

Garet replied, "Most certainly, ships that were modified to defeat the Khaak have been stripped of their enhancement."

Parrel looked to consider this for a moment, "Well I haven't spoken to him about this, but I must say that the technology used was supplied to us by him. As far as I am aware there was no legally binding contract to say that we would be allowed to retain this technology once we were no longer under the Khaak threat."

Garet had not been prepared for this response but knew better than to argue, "That threat will be upon us again soon enough. Don't you think it would be more prudent to ensure that we are suitably prepared for it, rather than this petty minded behaviour. And let us not pretend that Tor was up to the job of negotiating with the Mohrabas. You know this but you would have let him make a fool of himself."

Sheero glanced at Parrel and then went back to studying the Mammoths status reports.

Parrel said carefully, "I think you may have misjudged him. Yes he is a little green, but he's learning. I trust it didn't escape your notice when you made your decision that he has control of key stations in the production of goods. A shortfall of silicon wafers perhaps wouldn't hurt you but the computer and chip plants would suffer, and in terms of commodities and technology to trade with the Mohrabas these are the most advanced assets you have. Unless you were considering selling fighter technology?"

Garet gave a wry smile, "I think you misjudge me Commander, in terms of trading, knowledge and information can be equally as valuable as physical goods. But enough of this, the Mohrabas are sending an ambassador, have you made any recommendations as to the venue?"

Parrel replied, "On board the Roamer."

Garet asked, "Do you think it's appropriate? One of the stations will provide a much more comfortable environment."

Parrel said, "I'm sure they would, however the Roamer has a full bioscan filter system capable of detecting unwanted alien organisms and viruses and eradicating airborne particulates. It would save us several Tazura as we wouldn't have to lock the ambassador in quarantine as soon as he arrived."

Garet nodded, "You have a good point. I trust you will send out the details."

A strengthening dislike for Garet stirred itself within Parrel and he commented, "I will ensure that my communications officer sends the details when he comes back on duty."

Garet replied, "Thank you, Commander." The comm closed.

Parrel sat in thought for a moment and then said, "I think I shall go get some sleep. We'll give Tor a call in a few Stazura."

Sheero asked, "Don't you think it wiser to call him now?"

Parrel shook his head, "Let's give him some time to calm down first."

Almost unnoticed by the long range scanners, but in view of the navigation satellite, a small shuttle craft headed for the small second moon. Disappearing behind it the small craft then vanished completely from scanners. Several mizuras passed without any re-emergence when white fissures of light began to open on the surface.

The rock came apart in vast sections to reveal a hollow core. As each segment folded back the bulk of a huge Mohrabas carrier grade ship emerged with an escort of four smaller destroyers. Setting a new course towards the stations the four destroyers began to accelerate. Moments later the carriers huge engines flared as it followed.

Behind it the second moon sections folded back and silently the fissures in the surface closed.

ThoBeight stood on the main bridge watching the proceedings with a feeling of exhilaration pumping through his body. Yet he felt a slight trepidation as they were heading to the sacred, if not accursed place where the remains of the great fleet rested before the ghost city.

The warships seldom strayed from their bases scattered throughout the system but now they moved with purpose and not simply for an exercise. They had been preparing for three centuries since their return to the stars for the next confrontation with the Khlarakin.

Taking hold of the sense stick he reviewed the data from the warship scanner logs and from the broadcast greeting of the aliens. They had been very open with their information and now recognised the physiological differences between the five species mentioned. The Boron were few in number but there was something very different from their biological makeup to the other species, as the scanners showed, which left him with a sense of curiosity.

He moved to the stations themselves and it was quickly apparent that these were huge manufacturing plants specialized in certain products. The two new stations left him curious where the materials came from as they were obviously new but none of the factories appeared to be able to generate the alloys for the superstructures. He would investigate further.

The ships detailed in the scanner reports filtered through the sense stick and ThoBeight reviewed each one, several showed a higher level of technology and in combat would prove an irritation but the others were of little consequence. Eventually he came to the Defiance, a clone of the old X-shuttle and modified heavily by a superior alien technology this ship stood apart from the rest in that it did not belong.

All through the sensor logs the warships recognised that the Defiance itself was a sentient creature but not of flesh and bone. The records even showed the attempted breaches into the computers through the sensors themselves. Yet there was something troubling ThoBeight about this ship and he could not quite place his finger on it. It was playing on his mind that there was something almost familiar about it, not the ship itself but the technology.

ThaStornla approached and growled quietly, "Councillor, you called for me?"

ThoBeight nodded, "You should study this and learn about the species you're about to meet." He held out the sense stick.

ThaStornla gave a slight nod of the head and took it. ThoBeight said, "Pay particular attention to the last ship and tell me what you think."

ThaStornla eyes keenly prowled the bridge as he received the information from the stick. Slowly the eyes blinked and ThoBeight was impressed at the ease at which the young officer could stay aware of his surroundings whilst using the data transmitter. Nearly all of the Mohrabas he knew had to shut their eyes in order to focus properly.

ThaStornla turned his head and looked quizzically at ThoBeight and then opened his hand. The Ambassador asked, "What is your judgement?"

The young officer took a deep breath, "Councillor, the ship appears to have an intelligence of its own. Highly adaptive and a dangerous curiosity."

ThoBeight nodded slowly and commented, "Dangerous indeed and it has fangs."

ThaStornla responded, "But fangs that can be blunted Councillor."

ThoBeight said, "We are not at war and our mission is peaceful. Yet it is prudent that we understand our visitors strengths and more importantly their weaknesses."

With a slight nod of the head ThaStornla bowed and moved away to the research station.

Commander Parrel feeling refreshed from a decent sleep despite the interruption stepped onto the bridge of the Mammoth. Chareth left his position by the comms station and approached him, saying, "Sir, you need to see this."

Parrel took the datapad being offered and looked at it before asking, "When did this happen?"

Chareth answered, "Less than half a Stazura ago."

Parrel asked, "And these readings have been verified?"

Chareth nodded, "Yes, Sir."

Parrel studied the readings for a while longer and then handed back the pad. He said, "Establish contact before they get here."

Chareth responded, "Yes, Sir."

Parrel wandered the bridge. With no new updates he retired to the captains private briefing room. He had to update the station commanders and new Governor, however ahead of this he had a strong impulse find out how Tor was personally dealing with the recent turn of events.

Speaking aloud Parrel commented, "Dorlf, get Sweety on the comm."

A few moments passed until the voice of Sweety broke the silence, "You asked to talk to me?"

Parrel replied, "Yes Sweety, I need to know if Tor is in any fit state to talk to?"

Sweety replied, "Well I can wake him up for you if that is what you want, but he probably will not be in a mood to talk."

Parrel asked, "How drunk did he get?"

Sweety answered, "Unusually, he stopped drinking very early and in terms of his blood alcohol levels he currently has less then five parts per thousand."

Parrel said decisively, "Wake him up for me."

Sweety commented, "Only if you say please."

Parrel smiled, "Pretty please, if it's not too much trouble, would you kindly wake Tor for me and ask him if he would grant me the indulgence of his presence on the comm. Thank you."

Sweetys voice changed to a gently seductive tone and she said, "Much better, now I will go wake the master if you would be so good to wait for a few moments."

Parrel scanned the monitor in front of him as he examined the latest ship reports. Tor looking much more alert than someone who has just been woken normally appears came onto the holo-projector.

Tors tone was level and his expression was focused, "Commander, what can I do for you?"

Parrel could tell from Tors expression and directness what his mood was, and he replied, "I have some news for you, a request and would like to take a moment to discuss recent events."

Tors expression did not alter in any way, as he promptly asked, "I hope the news is good?"

A seed of concern germinated in Parrels mind, "The Mohrabas Ambassador is inbound and is on board what appears to be a carrier grade ship."

There was no reaction from Tor and he simply said questioningly, "And?"

Parrel responded, "I want you on the Roamer when he arrives."

With a touch of resentment on his voice Tor replied, "With the other station commanders?"

Parrel nodded. Tor spoke up before Parrel could say anything, "I want the opportunity to negotiate for the needs of my stations without the presence of the others."

In the time that Parrel had known Tor this was practically the first time he had heard him make a demand. He knew however he would not be able to make the promise and answered, "If it can be arranged then it will be, you have my word on that."

Tor gave a concessionary nod without the hint of emotion and asked, "Is there anything else?"

Parrel shook his head slowly, "No. I will inform you when the meeting is when we have made contact with the Ambassador."

Tor gave a nod and then closed the comm.

Parrel had no need to ask Tor how he was. He judged him to be a man forced in to a corner and was spending his time preparing to come out fighting. The grim determination and bloody mindedness of the fighter pilot had surfaced again in Tor and was adapting itself to the world of commerce. To Parrel he considered it to be better late than never, what worried him was how this determination would manifest itself.
Last edited by Mercenary on Thu, 29. Jan 04, 10:43, edited 6 times in total.

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 20:55

Excellent, first contact has been made. Seems the Mohrabas like modifying the orders of their peers, good job Parrel was in command of that ship, I'm sure there’s not an alien (well, they know they are now) there who wouldn’t have responded to that 'show of arms'.

"We are ready for you Excellency." - add a comma after the you, or maybe 'your Excellency' would sound better.. dunno.

Good start tho, lets hope they get the comms sorted :thumb_up:

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 23:14

Very nice, and tense encounter. ThoBeight got away with that one then, or so it would seem.

Not sure I could visit the Paranid during this time, just as well Sweety is there with Tor.

Looking forward to seeing how the first communications go, I have a feeling Tor will be required at some point for the actual talks, well he was the first to meet a Mohraban even if it was a dead one and the first alien, as far as i'm aware, to get into the hidden station!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 23:31

Excellent read. As GM mentioned, 'interpreting' orders appears to be habit with the Mohrabas, too :D Good Parrel kept his calm, but it is kind of logical to assume they did not want to hit if they miss something like a Mammoth :D

Looking forward to seeing how those first negoiations develop.

"us is twenty"

Silio

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Silio » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 03:05

Very good as always, although lately tor has seemed more "lost" than normal, but hell that's just my opinion.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 10:08

bump!

(i'll read it when i get home)
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 10:32

Nice, particularly the economical characterisations. Note to self, write more rogue.

Mercenary
x3tc

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 14:10

Cheers all,

Aim to have the next part ready in a couple of days.. but I might just play a bit of X2 for a few hours... :)

Silio wrote:Very good as always, although lately tor has seemed more "lost" than normal, but hell that's just my opinion.

And it's something which will work against him in the next section.. :wink:

General Morphit
x3

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by General Morphit » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 16:00

Mercenary wrote:I might just play a bit of X2 for a few hours... :)
Damn ye. Damn all of ye wit X2 *shakes fist* Just wait till the 6th of Feb, then I'll show you the meaning of slacking!

*goes back to fiddling with joystick*

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 18:08

Sounds good Merc,

Keep it up I like it.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 22:13

Part 2 added...

And things not going so well for Tor... but at least no ones died yet...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 22:47

Excellent second part! Made me shiver, though. They were quick looking to get an advantage but now they are also scared because they no longer have'out-of-the-ordinary' fighter ships. So it will be interesting to see their next move. Looks like Garet wanted to get Parrel to force Tor to relinquish the tech but even if Parrel had wanted to do that, it'd been just plain stupid and I don't think they had stood a chance against the Defiance, let alone four ships with particle beam tech. So there is a lot of dirty washing to be done. Very good twist!

Looking forward to the next part! Hurry up :D

"the Mohrabas is sending an ambassador" - is or are? not sure if that is deliberate

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 00:04

Things are getting decidedly interesting. What will Tor do about thisthen.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Silio

hmmmm

Post by Silio » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 03:19

"I don't think we already know what that is." is that right?
isn't it more like : "I think we already know what that is"

:?

neo1
x2

Post by neo1 » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 07:18

awesome work merc!

I've been following the series since i got it on my x2 disc and all say is.. thumbs up!

nice twist by removing tor from governorship - I think it will prove a most useful catalyst to provoke him from the recent lack of focus and ineptitude that he's been showing.

Once again, top work - looking forward to the next installment

Neo1

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 10:43

Cheers all,

Good to see a few new names and welcome :D ..

And corrected in a few places...

Next part will be mid next week as I'll be away this weekend. :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 11:28

Interesting developments :)

Fear
x3tc

Post by Fear » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 11:34

I was wondering what assets does Tor have besides the Modified Disco?

He did have a station right, where all the people were put on to go through the jumpgate.
Fear
--------
"Black holes suck"

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 11:59

Fear wrote:I was wondering what assets does Tor have besides the Modified Disco?

He did have a station right, where all the people were put on to go through the jumpgate.

Looks like you have some catching up to do.. :D

Disco is long gone. In terms of assets he controls a hidden base (constructed by Aliens but never occupied) with all sorts of interesting toys including construction robots.

He has the silicon mine and the majority of the sectors fighters under his direct command.

Under construction using the available resources and alien tech he is building a Cattle Ranch to supply the Cahoona Bakery and a Crystal Fab to supply the Paranid SPP.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 12:25

bump, will read when i get home .... keep it bumped!
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Return to “Creative Universe”