Questions on beam weapons and other Khaak ships....

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eman
x2

Post by Eman » Fri, 6. Feb 04, 16:53

Yea i too wanned beam weps since shoting Khaak cluster with slow a$$ weapons we have, is a nightmare. Since i am good at moding beyond changing few stats here and there, i changed Alpha HEPT to Orbital laser (those that guard stations), reduced energy drain. increased damage a bit and stuck them on my Centaur. :) Corvet with Beam turrets looks so good. If only i could change models, freespace2 destoryers would be a great additon to the game :)
Over all beams worked great. i took out half Xenon sector before i ran into several M3s since they use Alpha HEPT.. they each had 2 beams. so i got trashed pretty fast :) even with Centaur

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Fri, 6. Feb 04, 17:24

Eman wrote:Yea i too wanned beam weps since shoting Khaak cluster with slow a$$ weapons we have, is a nightmare. Since i am good at moding beyond changing few stats here and there, i changed Alpha HEPT to Orbital laser (those that guard stations), reduced energy drain. increased damage a bit and stuck them on my Centaur. :) Corvet with Beam turrets looks so good. If only i could change models, freespace2 destoryers would be a great additon to the game :)
Over all beams worked great. i took out half Xenon sector before i ran into several M3s since they use Alpha HEPT.. they each had 2 beams. so i got trashed pretty fast :) even with Centaur
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea that really s^cks when you mod your ship and inadvertently mod the enimies ships as well. Since none of the NPC's use G-PSG's, you could put the orbital laser weapon there, then mod your centaur to carry G-PSG's (orbital laser weapon) like this:
940;0;0.03499;0.03499;0.06999;11;4111;20000;2664;101;1;43;373;900;112;247;4175;4518;4194303
;4;3;2;4;9;13;10;750;1250;107;6;108;5;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;1;4;1;30000;40;41;14;
3;1;0;928;6;2;1;939;11;3;2;939;10;3;1;2;1;2;1;1;106;4;111;1;2;1;106;5;111;1;3;1;2;1;3;1;944;13;1;1;4;1;3;1;4;1;944;12;
-1;-1;1;95747;25;1;0;SS_SH_A_M6;
Then you'll be the only one with an orbital laser weapon on a ship, except me of course. :D (and anyone else reading this)

Eman
x2

Post by Eman » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 00:38

Usualy having enemy with same uber weapon sucks if u make weapon too powerfull. but i had it at decent damage and when i was going up against Xenon, i knew M3s would be dangerouse to me so it kinda kept me on the edge.
But i was thinking of replacing Massdriver or Ion. this way i could have it on many Argon ships and i havent seen any NPCs use Massdriver, and only 1-2 pirates used Ion.

The main reasont i wanned beams couse i wanned to even my chances agains Khaak. I cant hit worth a $hit with our slow weps and those bastards have beams that hit almost 100% of the time. didnt seem fair to me. Now we'll see who is THE THREAT here.

By the way Storm i still dont know what most numbers mean in Tbullets and Tlasers, i just cut and paste whole string with orbital weps. do i need to change both files or just one.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 01:20

Eman wrote:Usualy having enemy with same uber weapon sucks if u make weapon too powerfull. but i had it at decent damage and when i was going up against Xenon, i knew M3s would be dangerouse to me so it kinda kept me on the edge.
But i was thinking of replacing Massdriver or Ion. this way i could have it on many Argon ships and i havent seen any NPCs use Massdriver, and only 1-2 pirates used Ion.

The main reasont i wanned beams couse i wanned to even my chances agains Khaak. I cant hit worth a $hit with our slow weps and those bastards have beams that hit almost 100% of the time. didnt seem fair to me. Now we'll see who is THE THREAT here.

By the way Storm i still dont know what most numbers mean in Tbullets and Tlasers, i just cut and paste whole string with orbital weps. do i need to change both files or just one.
Only Argon and Split ships are capable of using mass drivers. I think I saw a caiman with one in his rear turret once, not sure. As far as not being able to hit anything with the lasers, especially those speedy little fighters, you can increase bullet speed in the Tbullets file. I rec.:
2x speed/range---psg's, khaak weapons
4x speed/range---PPC's
3x speed/range---all others
Take a look at Sandapocalyse's Ship/Gun chart at xscripting.com (it's in the mod section) This will help explain what some of the data in the Tships, Tlasers, and Tbullets files is.
To put one weapon in the place of another, just copy and paste in the Tlasers file. Remember, if you put Orb. Laser in place of Mass Driver then O.L. will be available at M.D. forges and equip. docks. :)

Dave0583
x2

x2 is out on Steam--need to renew this thread

Post by Dave0583 » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 02:49

I'm having trouble with the Khaak weapons, trouble that isn't mentioned in this forum. I have no trouble setting my ships to use the Khaak weapons, or even fiddling around with the weapons' stats. My trouble comes when (as with every weapon in the game) I change the (absurdly short) ranges. On normal weapons this works just fine, but when I try to do it with Khaak weapons, I get a dead zone in front of my ship; with the range at about 6k, I can't hit anything less than 1k in front of my ship! This is getting stupid. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”