[MOD] P. X. D. mod Alpha v0.95

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 00:26

This is the best mod for X2 I've seen so far. I didn't like Top Gun so much. It adds new sectors as far as I know, but the sounds and some ship models are ugly. This mod is just so nice, I love the compatibility. I downloaded the disabled radar+HUD and reduced target info and now I can see my ship info only in the cockpit and there is no space wasting HUD around, that's just awesome :D

It also seems to make the game a lot harder. Or at least when starting with Aurora in Circle of Labour, takes so long to climb up and buy a Mercury. And for example a Xenon N can mount HEPTs :o. But the music it adds is beautiful, the effects also
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 13:41

Explain this to me and how to turn it off, please! Everytime I am fighting with a ship and it's pilot tells me to stop shooting and flees, the ship just sxplodes :evil:!!!

I am hardly making any big money, I started in Circle of Labour with an Aurora and few credits. Currently I have over 630 000 credits, my Aurora and a Mercury. I am just trading around but it's slow... I am about to sell the Aurora and buy a Buster for making money faster by fighting and capping, but it'll be impossible with that autodestruct thing!

I really don't know how to make any money (fast), commanding my Mercury and flying with an Aurora that has S containers capacity is quite ineffective and it is frustrating even more without any sector-universe traders available for X2. There isn't any script adding them, unlike for X3, right?
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 16:24

Helios01 wrote:Explain this to me and how to turn it off, please! Everytime I am fighting with a ship and it's pilot tells me to stop shooting and flees, the ship just sxplodes :evil:!!!
Into the mod are changed ships capturing conditions:

Code: Select all

If you are on the M5 class ship - you can capturing only M5 class ships 
If you are on the M4, TS, TP class ship - you can capturing M5 and M4 class ships 
If you are on the M3, M6, TL, M1, M2, M0 class ship - you can capturing M5, M4, M3, TS, TP class ships 

Enemy ships sometimes before destroyed, will drop out ship shields or weapons. 
Helios01 wrote:I really don't know how to make any money (fast), commanding my Mercury and flying with an Aurora that has S containers capacity is quite ineffective and it is frustrating even more without any sector-universe traders available for X2. There isn't any script adding them, unlike for X3, right?
You can use other game starts from the "ADDON - New game starts v1.0", for example:

Code: Select all

Smuggler start
======================
Starting sector: New Income
Starting ship: Pirate Smuggler

Privateer start
===============
Starting sector: Lucky Planets
Starting ship: Argon Charon (ship cargo bay is full with energy cells)

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 17:38

Great, nice to know that capping isn't fully disabled. Thanks for the cap info, it will help. I was flying with an Aurora, killing only Pirate Ships. So I guess I should just buy the Buster and go for Xenons so I'll make some money for a station or M3

I know about the other starts, I started as Privateer or Trader, I don't remember which is with the Aurora. But I just like to be weak on the beginning, for ex. with M5 or with a not so good TS, which is the Aurora. In X3R I started as humble merchant after installing XTM

By the way, will you be updating this mod anymore? I think that adding new sectors could make it more popular than Top Gun

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 07:04

Helios01 wrote:By the way, will you be updating this mod anymore? I think that adding new sectors could make it more popular than Top Gun
Mod development are suspended to indefinitely.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 15:51

Shame you guys stopped working on this....

The Xenon G is badassss, Can I get one legitimately? (either buy it or find it derelict/abandoned is what I mean)
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 17:50

TomRobinson wrote:The Xenon G is badassss, Can I get one legitimately? (either buy it or find it derelict/abandoned is what I mean)
If I remember correctly, you can't buy Xenon ships into the shipyard or Wharf and you can't also to capture Xenon G, because is not possible to capture M6 class ships.
You can use Cheat scripts to create it for self.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 07:43

Ok cool, thanks.
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”