[WiP] X2-Pandora

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

4of25[FUP]
x4

Post by 4of25[FUP] » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 00:10

In order to specify guennie requst for help in translation oder audio. I think the lunatic who writes these things has to inform you with some facts:

-We have no less than 16 plots actually to be integrated into the game. I am just heavy in completing the last 2 Plots .

-We have a main plot, individual start plots for Teladi, Split etc., several independant Plots(which does not say, they are shorter^^)

-New random station announcements, new landing greets, landing permissions etc. (individual ones for each ingame party and ranking)

-and many more features using audio files ...

It is obvious - lots of work to do and every one who likes to help is welcome.
Kreuzzug der Ratten, Götterdämmerung Teil 1-4, Die unglaublichen Abenteuer des Antihelden Ray Bangs, Die mirakulösen Handelsfahrten des intergalaktischen Kleinkrämers Otto Schmitz-Barmen http://x2p.guennies-helpsites.de/

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 05:03

Just wondering if there are any updates to this mod.

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 20:11

This MOD has (internal) updates every day :P
If you want it too, feel free to come to the MOD team and help us finishing it faster.
Guennie1568
X2-Pandora Audio - [ external image ] <<klick me ;), TGN MOD News

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 20:44

If I could Mod I would adore helping but I know nothing what so ever on moding. If there was something I could do feel free to ask but I mainly only have architecture abilities.

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 20:51

If you have a mic, you can help toning all plots or other audio things. Or you can write BBS texts / jobs. Or write some descriptions for some new wares.....
Guennie1568

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 22:26

Send me an email with exactly what you would require and I wouldn't mind helping out.

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 22:43

www.x2-pandora.de

there is an english and a german forum ;)
The moderators can say better, what we need at all. I'm "only" the audio editor (mostly for german language)
Guennie1568

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 20:28

VenomR00 wrote:I mainly only have architecture abilities.
You mean like Design? Drawing?
Dude, I'd be greatfull to have someone who has new ideas for Ships, Cockpits and Stations!
Just register at our forum and post your Ideas here! No matter what it is ;)
Don't worry about mistakes, we want anyone we can get!

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 17:14

The one thing I do need is the ability to post on the forum you linked. Also is there somewhere I can WHAT things will and will not be put in so I can come up with idea's?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 22:51

VenomR00 wrote:The one thing I do need is the ability to post on the forum you linked.
You just need to register there. Then you can
1.) Chat in the Chatbox with us (you will see it on the homepage)
2.) have the possibility to post on public parts of the forum (as the one I linked)
VenomR00 wrote:Also is there somewhere I can WHAT things will and will not be put in so I can come up with idea's?
Err... not sure if I understand this right :P
If you have ideas, templates, Sketches,... anything -> Feel free to post it!

The worst thing that can happen is that we already built in that idea :D (we already got a bunch of ideas that were already added in an even better way the author could immagine it)
or it's incompatible with some spechial mechanism, but we'll explain clearly if something comes up. Just to give you an idea I picked up 3 Threads:
Idea for Jumpdrive. Talking about ammunition
Hidden pirates
Sector capture

There is a further example here. It lacks details that were added recently (the postings are from 2008). Instead of "only" changing prices of objects we gave this idea a complete new system: Blackmailing

So honestly: Please please don't hesitate posting ideas about anything that comes into your mind! :D
Storys, plots/missions, ships/station models/sketches, texts for pilots (chatting, insults, etc...) BBS,... I can't even name everything you can post ;)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 19:12

And if there are some amateur speakers, feel free to contact Chris Gi or me. We can need every helping hand in all parts of this MOD
Guennie1568

Guennie1568
x4

We need help in all parts of this MOD

Post by Guennie1568 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 22:13

If there are some native english speaking people with knowledge in german, feel free to contact us for helping to translate all the german race plots to english.
Further we need helping hands in all other parts of this MOD:
  • native english syncron speakers for all plots, because they are very audio-heavy.
    Text writers for some things for the BBS system, Pandora Radio, and other things.
    Modeller for all the new stations and ships.
    Scripter to help Chris Gi at scripting.
    Graphic Designer to build new textures for all the new modells
    and so on
If you wanna help, come to our forum and sign up.
Guennie1568

postoking02

Post by postoking02 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 01:15

Hello, If you are still in need of a 3D modeller I am available to help, Texturing I am terrible at, but building the meshes is a piece of cake for me, if you are interested let me know.
Bizla.

postoking02

Post by postoking02 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 01:18

P.S.

I find this model to be my most convincing one to clients and companies looking for a professional Modeller.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- ... org/726672

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 08:48

Yes of course! We need any help we can get :)
Please come to our forum and speak/write to Chris Gi or Shadow Dream for more details. The image you have linked is made with 3ds max 2012 (I think). Can you work with Gmax or 3DS Max 6 too? The exporter we use will not work with a newer version of 3ds max.
Guennie1568

postoking02

Post by postoking02 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 12:02

Ok awesome, I'll have a word with one of them :)
I Have used lots of different 3D packages for all the models in my catalog, but I think that one was done in Blender For Linux, I will happily make the models and send them as .OBJ ready for you to texture and export to whichever format x2 requires, I have never used Gmax, from what I understand its similar to 3Ds MAX? I never got on very well with max, I prefered to use maya, but thats just personal taste I suppose, have a nice day, With care, Bizla.

postoking02

Post by postoking02 » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 14:56

Just a little something to wet your appetite, low poly scout ship, Completed in 2 hours using a rough sketch By MeckanicalMind http://meckanicalmind.deviantart.com/ar ... 6-24923067

http://www.turbosquid.com/AssetManager/ ... tid=760522

I am happy to give models to you for use in this mod as I think it has great potential, I will also upload them to turbosquid, 3Docean, 3Dexport and The3Dstudio for my own monetary purposes, I will continue making more until I get a reply from ShadowDream on what you would like specifically :)

4of25[FUP]
x4

Post by 4of25[FUP] » Sat, 26. Oct 13, 04:03

News update: Soon you can watch the first trailer video of our mod. It will give a first impression of the upcoming mod.
Kreuzzug der Ratten, Götterdämmerung Teil 1-4, Die unglaublichen Abenteuer des Antihelden Ray Bangs, Die mirakulösen Handelsfahrten des intergalaktischen Kleinkrämers Otto Schmitz-Barmen http://x2p.guennies-helpsites.de/

Guennie1568
x4

Post by Guennie1568 » Sat, 26. Oct 13, 09:10

but this trailer / news video is only in german. I hope, you can understand a little bit what it says...
BTW, only the images are important :)
Guennie1568

4of25[FUP]
x4

Post by 4of25[FUP] » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 15:46

Good news. There will be an english Version of Trailer number one very soon. Further Trailers will follow, one per month I guess.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”