Profitable Wheat Farm in Three Worlds

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rprovos
x2

Profitable Wheat Farm in Three Worlds

Post by rprovos » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 21:57

The freebie factory given to me by Elana Kho happened to be a Wheat Farm (is it always?) located in Three Worlds. At first I found it to be nearly worthless, but now I can't keep Wheat stocked in the thing. I have one Manta buying E-cells at best price, the station set to buy at the 9-credit minimum, and one Mercury selling at best price with the station set to sell at the maximum 42 credits. The Wheat supply seldom exceeds 100 before it gets sold. I have no idea who is doing the buying, or where my transport is selling, but the place has turned into a rather profitable station. I can pull all but 10,000 credits out of the factory and it never runs out of money.

Not as profitable as an SPP in terms of speed, but always manages to make steady money. Could be a viable alternative to those sick of a pure SPP trade empire, so I just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers. 8)

veelad
x3tc

wheatfarms

Post by veelad » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 22:02

Yeh, i now have 8 wheatfarms in all, as well as my other factories, but these farms all do very well, they never stop selling :D

I dont even have any ships selling, only ships buying the e-cells.

didnt get given a freebie tho by elana kho :( , even when i restarted the game on the second run through, still no freebie, but who cares now anyways.......ive got loadsa money :D
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 22:05

The placement of the free gift Wheat Farm is at random, the location of mine in several games were in Argon Prime, Presidents End, The Wall etc.

Cheers

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 22:06

There's a major shortage of wheat almost everywhere. Both the Boron and Argon consume lots. Wheat farms are steady but slow earners. To make more, buy a Rimes Fact and have your wheat farm supply it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 22:30

I have no idea who is doing the buying
I put a wheat farm in kindoms end and had the same problem. my maximum price was set to ensure that no one would buy it as it was going to be a link in my crystal fab chain. Borons who demand it most should not be buying it as even when they're completely empty of the stuff they still won't pay what the highest setting allows.

Thought about it for ages then remembered about trading stations paying anything for items if they need them. Sure enough, boron trading station was buying it from me to meet the demand of its own races factories, thing is i could never get over a few cylcles of production before it was snapped up, station must've been sending every ship it had to buy my wheat :wink:

As you say, no where near as lucrative as a fully supplied SPP but if you don't like making the supply chains for SPPs then i'd check out just what trading stations are allways empty off and work to their demands
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 22:49

I've got a drone factory in family pride that never gets above ~20 fighter drones. It takes quite a few ships to keep it fully supplied (I had six fully upgraded pirate transports working for it at one time and it still occasionally flashed yellow). Of course once you've set up some dedicated supplied you can get away with one or two transports.

Aekhiv
x3

Post by Aekhiv » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 23:01

How/where do you get that "freebie" ? I've done all the missions, but did not get any wheat farm. Please let me know, thanks :)

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 23:10

probably because you didn't complete all bits of the mission, its the one in nyanas hideout i believe. at the end your supposed to protect the incomming ship, if you fail you can still complete the mission but not get the reward. I think thats how it goes, not sure, been a while and I remember it give me a lot of grief, very easy to not fulfil all the requirements.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Aekhiv
x3

Post by Aekhiv » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 23:12

Ok, thanks, I prolly hit the TL by accident.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 27. Feb 04, 23:15

I had my own TL in that mission and it spent most of the time parked by the AP gunner. Talk about a plot hole.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:52

Info:

Wheat farms can only up to 19,500 credits an hour
Thats always buying Ecells at 9 and selling at max.
They take 50-80 hours to pay themselfs off. (50 hours @ 19,500 an hour)

I got mine in Ore Belt... terrible terrible placement. :shock:

veelad
x3tc

not true

Post by veelad » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 06:36

kryten wrote
probably because you didn't complete all bits of the mission, its the one in nyanas hideout i believe. at the end your supposed to protect the incomming ship, if you fail you can still complete the mission but not get the reward
I thought this also, but when i restarted, i DID do the mission and protect the ship, but still never got the wheaty :(
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 07:55

I didn't get the wheat farm this time either.

I wonder if it's to do with the OTHER freebie? Every previous time I've done this mission I've already had best buy and sell locators, so when I follow Bret to Black Hole Sun he never gave me the free set of those, but I got a free wheat farm. This time I didn't have them, I got them from Bret, but no wheat farm...

veelad
x3tc

Uh

Post by veelad » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 08:01

EH?

pj wrote
I've already had best buy and sell locators, so when I follow Bret to Black Hole Sun he never gave me the free set of those
I didnt know you got a freebie best buy and sell ?as well as a wheaty

Groan, the game hates me :(

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 11:51

TD005013 wrote: I got mine in Ore Belt... terrible terrible placement. :shock:
Thats odd TD, id have expected ore belt to be a good location for a wheat farm from the sales point of view. Perhaps not the energy side of things. Theres a lot of Rime facs near by in Cloudbase southwest I believe or one system up from that. I forget exactly where.

Another good thing about Wheat is its a secondry resource of cahoona bakerys :)

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 12:16

mine got placed in Nyana's Hideout and I dedicated it to a Rimes Fact that I built shortly after. Trouble up there is the limited supply of cheap energy in close proximity. Can't set too many jumps due to the Xenon sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”