UFO Base Found I Think!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrokenGame
x3

UFO Base Found I Think!

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 01:57

Ok, this is continuing where I left off in the UFO thread. I've had these screenshots for 2 days now but i've been busy with work so I havn't had chance to upload them to some webspace and post on here as well as re-install X2.

First off I desperately need a Free in-game-snapshot program, with no advertising on it.....as you can see from my screenshots the advert part goes over where the 'modified' tag is. (I had to re-install my game to get rid of mine courtesy of the account script).
I attempted to wipe the advert off in the Snapshot program but it just gives the effect of putting oil on greaseproof paper and hardly does anything...so please someone PM me if tehy know of a free program with no advert. This will help back up my findings i think too!

Ok, I spent time pondering over this and I know some wont believe me, finding reasons somewhere (I don't blame you I would). But i've decided not to release the co-ordinates and sector of this apparent UFO base. I don't think it would be beneficial to the game in general as it is a mundane object and teh fascination with it woudl die instantly....I think all the effort trying to find it will make the game of X2 last even longer and add more dimension to it?
I don't know if there are others out there, someone said there were three, but as I said I don't have a clue, I found this, almost completely by accident. I travelled off beyond the gate with seta on and left the comp and came back to see a 'unknown object' on my sector map which I was going to use to go back to the gate.

Have a look at al the screenshots, I even tried docking with the thing and was turned down with a message i've never seen before.
When I attacked it, it made the 'beep' noise like i was receiving a message but alas, no message. After a few rounds it went red and nothing happened....

Apologies about the quality, its the price I pay for a low wage.

Is this an intentional object? it didn't seem to do much to me??? Why is it there? Same function as broken gates??? (not the design of lights on side is same as gates???) just to add depth??

Comments and ideas....and if anyone knows about this, any help in finding the others????

Edit: so excited forgot the link: :P
http://leehaines0.tripod.com/index.htm

EDIT NO2: After more discussion later in this thread I have taken some F9 pictures, they are at:
http://leehaines0.tripod.com/index2.htm
Last edited by BrokenGame on Tue, 16. Mar 04, 23:43, edited 2 times in total.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:01

Remote linking forbidden
Find another host :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

brucebia
x2

Post by brucebia » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:01

Why arn't you using the in game snapshot system ?
Last edited by brucebia on Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:03, edited 2 times in total.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:01

OK apparently my ftp people wont remote thingymajig............soooo

Open up a FRESH browser (not the popup) and enter int he images urls manually, should work!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:04

BrokenGame wrote:OK apparently my ftp people wont remote thingymajig............soooo

Open up a FRESH browser (not the popup) and enter int he images urls manually, should work!
Nope.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:06

awww b*llocks, hold in there i'll have some webspace in a sec

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:09

brucebia wrote:Why arn't you using the in game snapshot system ?
probably the F9 key is broken ;)

n0tsane
x3tc

Post by n0tsane » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:11

KiwiNZ wrote:
brucebia wrote:Why arn't you using the in game snapshot system ?
probably the F9 key is broken ;)
the Print Screen key works just as well

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:17

I couldn't use the prntscrn, it wouldn't go to clipboard for any program, or paste??? as for F9, i didn't know, i'll get some F9-done pics uploaded in the morning then! excellent! but for now heres these!
Last edited by BrokenGame on Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:21

BrokenGame wrote:I couldn't use the prntscrn, it wouldn't go to clipboard for any program, or paste??? as for F9, i didn't know, i'll get some F9-done pics uploaded in the morning then! excellent! but for now heres these!
F9 also does NOT store them in the clip board! They all end up inside a folder you nominate in the start screen.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:25

OK this better work or i'll explode

http://leehaines0.tripod.com/index.htm

it isn't so i'm re-doing links, 2 secs

Nukester
x3

Post by Nukester » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:28

why dont u just explain where they are in a spoiler, so we can see for ourselves?

odin_grey
xr

Post by odin_grey » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:33

Pictures saved with print screen are (by default) set in the loadscr folder in the main X2 directory.

As for the pics, I am able to load the first batch you have. If you want, I can host them.
Last edited by odin_grey on Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:50, edited 2 times in total.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:34

Its sorted, goto the address above....my html skills are cr*p soz about the wait.

See my reason above, I spent a long time thinking over it Nukester ad I think this a more exciting and better way!

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:49

Nice... but um, not believing you. Especially since you won't give coordinates.

Besides, that little thing can be scripted into the game, done so myself. Doesn't do much, and it sure ain't a UFO base.

Nice try though. :wink:

n0tsane
x3tc

Post by n0tsane » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:56

TD005013 wrote:Nice... but um, not believing you. Especially since you won't give coordinates.

Besides, that little thing can be scripted into the game, done so myself. Doesn't do much, and it sure ain't a UFO base.

Nice try though. :wink:
for some reason i believe him though. don’t take me wrong BrokenGame, but you don’t seem technically inclined to script something like that into your game. you didn't even know that Print Screen put pictures into a folder in the X2 root directory.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:57

Take my word when I say I can't script to save my life! :D

If its not a UFO base how comes the blue markings on it are the same as the ones on the gate?
Also it let me ask for permission to dock (see screenshot, taken after permission asked) with its strange reply?

It doesn't look big I agree, but if it has comms to dock then surely it is by default a kind of station?

So many questions, pictures just don't provide the answers...someone must know its purpose?

EDIT: Hey, i can be technically inclined you bugger:P....I just don't know how to script! And the manual didn't say nothing about the prntscrn going to the root directory?
Last edited by BrokenGame on Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:57

Convenient that the screenshot software logo fits exactly over where the "modified" tag goes. :roll:

bionicsmurf
x2

Post by bionicsmurf » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:59

i know exactly what that is .. i saw it once b4 when i was a bit 2 close to an astoried i just orderd my silicon mine to be built on. after the cut scene i ended up insde the freshly built asteroid station and that thing was there with me.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 03:03

Try hypersnap it does put it there.
But tomorrow i'll upload some F9 ones, that way it'll be without the snap ad bit!

As soon as i get back from work i'll get onto some more I promise.

I'm not going to protest about truth and stuff, everyones entitled to their opinion. I just want to show you what I found, if you don't believe me its cool, I know I found it in my mind. But if you do believe me, can you help me understand why the objects here adn its purpose?
Even if you don't believe I guess you can help on that

EDIT: @ BionicSurf... you found the base in a roid?? Someone said in another thread there was mroe than one, I hadn't said anything about my find then, but if what you saw is true, you may well have been the first person to see it instead?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”