Modified

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Drahcir

Modified

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 00:57

please tell me its possible to use the AI trade scripts such as XaiCorp Trade without activating the script editor in the game. i really really dont want to have "Modified" in the top corner for the rest of the game. its transparent so you shouldnt notice its there but you *know* it is. behold the ultimate pyschological weapon

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:08

There's also a mod to remove the 'modified' tag if you look around. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Drahcir

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:12

lol, why doesnt that suprise me :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:14

Within 12 hours of releasing patch 1.3 with the modified, a clever modder had discovered how to remove it, using the same tools that created it. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Drahcir

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:17

any idea where i might find said mod, and hats off to or clever modder friend

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:28

It's in the Scripts and Modding forum, but you have to be registered to get access :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Drahcir

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:33

damn. and i wouldnt be hosted anywhere else would it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:03

Actually it can be downloaded from www.xscripting.com if they're back up now. The site had been down for remodeling.
Last edited by Nanook on Fri, 19. Mar 04, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.

Drahcir

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:21

i dont seem to be able to find it :(

Lister Storm
x3ap

Post by Lister Storm » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:25

i think its ok because without this everbody can say: i have 200 stations and so on

but its cheated :x

kileran
x3

Post by kileran » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:59

Guy's, the modified tag is very unobtrusive. why would you want to remove it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 03:12

Drahcir wrote:i dont seem to be able to find it :(
Sorry, I had a comma at the end of the address, screwing things up.

To those who don't mind the 'modified' tag, good for you. However, it appears whether you've modified your game or not, just by enabling the script editor. Since it's easily removed, the tag serves no useful purpose other than to muck up a nice screenshot. No other game in the history of modding has such a silly 'feature'. Personally, I hate it. :twisted:

Drahcir

Post by Drahcir » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 04:08

like i said, its not the seeing that that bothers you. you just *know* its there, implying that you have cheated in the game when you know fine well that you havent and like nanook said its existence is lacking in any reason.

@nanook i did see the comma and removed it since i knew the xscripting sites url anyway, what i meant was that ive looked on the site and couldnt find the mod. admitedly i was looking for something along the lines of use this to kill that stupid modified tag so it may have been named in a slightly less obvious manner :p

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 04:20

If you want to know the truth, your concerns are best answered in the scripting forum so registering is a definate advantage here.

As for the modified tag, its annoying yes but it doesnt mean anything other than you are running extra scripts.

Also i noticed Egosoft have wisely made sure existing scripts dont automatically get added to an existing game unless you manually run them whilst playing an old game. Not sure about new games though.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 06:13

Sorry, apparently it isn't on xscripting yet. Here is the link to the thread in the mod and scripting forum:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33500

and here's the link to the file itself:

http://user.mc.net/~burianek

Thanks to Storm_front and Someone_Else for coming up with it and to Burianek for repackaging and hosting it. :thumb_up: :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”