Special containers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

3iff
x2

Special containers

Post by 3iff » Wed, 12. Mar 14, 11:54

Are the contents of containers hardcoded or can any cargo be set to be found (via an editor)?

I'm playing a game where I subsist on picking up containers until I get rich enough to buy factories...but I'd like to be able to find cattle and cahoonas (and other items).
...locating mandolin strings in the middle of Austin.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 10:32

The content of containers that can be found inside stations is hardcoded and limited to some wares (can't remember which ones).

The content of containers that are left after the destruction of a ship is dependent on the freight the ship was carrying. But I'm pretty sure not every ware gets created as a "flying ware", but Cahoonas and the like are likely. This process is also hardcoded.

However it is possible to create any "flying ware" in space with the script editor.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 12:24

Thanks. I guessed it was going to be that way. Pretty sure I've found most cargos from ship destruction/capture but I've never found food types from containers...nor silicon or ore.

I have found a lot of nividium but getting rid of it (for cash) is a slow process.
...locating mandolin strings in the middle of Austin.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 05:51

3iff wrote:I have found a lot of nividium but getting rid of it (for cash) is a slow process.
pack it all in a freighter and sell the freighter in a Shipyard - fastest way to sell it ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”