Massive War Mod v1.8

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Massive War Mod v1.8

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 08:55

By Storm Front and AalaarDB Yes, SF takes the blame too.
Please read this whole post first!

This mod is named such because it incorporates the ability to wage war into a massively enlarged and enhanced universe. If you would prefer the regular sized map that is included as well.
A quick summary of what this mod contains:
Over 200 sectors (many new) original universe included and 99% unchanged.
Scripts that will promote war across species
Enhanced ships, lasers, missles, economy, etc.
"Mission" scripts that give the player chances to earn money or ships
Find hidden wreckage or stations, pilot updated or new ships - some with alien technology, name a sector after yourself, visit the racetrack (script coming someday), take on mercenary missions for money, invade enemy sectors, read the flavor text and more!

*edit* something that wasn't included in the readme, to name your own sector edit file 441112.xml (located in x2 - The Threat/t). It should be very easy, open it up in wordpad and find where it says to enter your sector name.

*Warning!* A new file is installed in version 1.6 and later that alters sounds. The file used will depend on the version of your CD. This is not the same as what version you are patched to. If you have US version 1.0 CD, use the file that comes default. If you have US version 1.2, download the Sound Patch. This is different from the Sound Pack

How Can I Tell Which Version My CD Is?
Honestly I'm not sure. If you've ever had to patch from 1.0 to 1.1, or 1.1 to 1.2, then you are using USv1.0 and need to use the default sound file. If you patched straight out of the box to v1.3, you are using USv1.2 If you are using Australian or European versions you are most likely using 1.2

I Am Having Problems With Clipped Sound!
There are now 2 versions of the patch v1.7.2 and later. You need to download the regular patch, then apply the Sound Patch. To make things a tiny bit easier, not all files are included in this patch, so remember that you need both patches, and apply the Sound Patch after you've applied to 1.*** patch.

Your scripts suck AalaarDB
It's not my fault, it seems it was a purposeful change by Egosoft to screw modders.

*Important* It appears strike9 has changed their file formats on me. It is still possible to download and install this, but certain steps must be taken, my apologies for the extra work. Before trying this, you should try unzipping it like normal just in case. First, download the file, and delete the .zip extension. Next, open that file with winzip or whatever, and extract it to a different location - you will now have the same exact file and filename. Add the .zip extension to this, and unzip like normal.
*Important*

Hosting thanks to Eugene W!
If you have 1.7.5, save bandwidth and get 1.8 here - a fix for salvage mod v2.3
Various fixes and upgrades v1.8:
MWM Patch1.8 WithoutPlot | [MWM Patch1.8 WithPlot
MWM Patch1.8 WithoutPlot 149kb | MWM Patch1.8 WithPlot 425kb
MWM Patch1.8 WithoutPlot 149kb | MWM Patch1.8 WithPlot 425kb
Unzip into your x2 root directory, it should overwrite some files.

Contains Massive Map and Regular-sized Map v1.8 AKA Without Plot:
Massive War Mod 1.8 794kb
Massive War Mod 1.8 Mirror

Contains just Regular-sized 200+ sector map but will work with story v1.8 AKA With Plot:
Massive War Mod v1.8 With Story Enabled 544kb
Massive War Mod v1.8 With Story Enabled Mirror
Massive War Mod v1.8 With Story Enabled Mirror

The Sound Patch is necessary ONLY if you have "clipped" sounds. Remember to apply the above patch before this patch.
MWM Without Plot Sound Patch | MWM With Plot Sound Patch
MWM Without Plot Sound Patch | MWM With Plot Sound Patch

The Sound Pack is optional but highly recommended. Please try the top link first, if not working try the bottom and download both parts. Unzip these files into your x2/s folder
SoundPack Complete 1.26mb

SoundPack Part1 653kb | SoundPack Part2 628kb <full>
SoundPack Part1 653kb | SoundPack Part2 628kb <full>

If you have problems with the ECM Scripts or the Salvage Scripts, check for updates.

3rd party bundled scripts/mods:
Economy Mod v0.25: Burianek
Patrol v3: SlugwormX
Autominer v1: XaiCorp
StationAccountant v3.5: Unknown
OreCollector v2a: Merle
ShadowTech's Super Carrier: Shadowtech
Babyface's Guild Contracting v3: Babyface and Hitman
Fleet Commands v3: AalaarDB
Khaak Second Invasion v5: AalaarDB
No modified tag: Burianek and Someone Else
Salvage Script v2.3: AalaarDB
ECM script v1.2: AalaarDB

Storm Front and AalaarDB worked very hard on this, hope you enjoy :)

Version history:
1.1 : updated an incomplete sector, fixed the teladi harrier
1.1.5: added sector name to sector description so it is clearly visible in galaxy map, fixed both beginner and intermediate rescue missions, reduced the rate of mission assignments, removed the safe docking scripts, corrected some typos / inconsistencies.
1.1.6: fixed warmod.spawn to give correct fleet movement message
1.1.7: added extra variables so scripts will not repeat upon loading, fixed commands that were meant for race 1-5 applying to race argon - teladi fixed mission.starter so that it will loop correctly
1.2: rewrote the whole warmodinit.
1.2.1 Think I fixed the loopage
1.2.2 removed a few global variables just in case, changed alot of OR statements, hopefully fixed alot.
1.2.3 intermediate rescue mission works
1.2.4 advanced rescue mission tweaked, asteroid mission fixed, rhimes facts renamed.
1.3: fixed advanced rescue mission, named teladi harrier m2, changed stats on harrier m2
1.3.1 fixed a problem with mission.generatetext that corrected missions that involved fighting not giving the correct reward if it was anything other than teladi.
1.4: Added Salvage Script
1.5: Added ECM script, added sounds to sectors, fixed small typos
1.5.1 uploaded the correct files, fixing the rescue missions that were bugged in some versions and not bugged in others.
1.6: uploaded several files that were incorrect versions, fixed Xenon fighters not launching in preflight scenario, fixed a few scripts - hopefully this will fix the too many fighters in a sector problem
1.7: added new mission.salvage, rewrote warmodinit, fixed a sector which was improperly named, added sounds to 2 sectors, fixed some bugs in warmod.sector, turned off stations that were supposed to be off.
1.7.1: fixed 2 sectors being mislabeled, fixed incompatibilities with different versions of X2, changed sector desc for khaak sectors
1.7.2 previous sound fix didnt work, trying something different
1.7.3 fixes error in rescue.attacker, fixes salvage mod
1.7.4 fixed a problem with Xenon mission? I forget
1.7.5 added script that should kill extraneous ships
1.8: added salvagemodv2, but wayyy too lazy to update the patch.
hahahahahaha if you read all the way to the end of the post congratulations you get a prize.
Last edited by AalaarDB on Tue, 25. May 04, 21:44, edited 101 times in total.

Admiral Thrawn
x2

Post by Admiral Thrawn » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 11:42

do you mean the War Mod which you announced a while back?
Cant wait for that and i hope iam not the only one even though there is hardly ever anyone responding here :(
How about "Mercenaries Paradise" as name :)
or just "Race Conflicts"
dunno.

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 12:00

Can you put a link to the original thread then? Sounds V interesting, and the search function if FUBAR'd and I'll never find it without.

Keep up the good work.

Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 12:38

How about Inevitable Justice?

Five missions doesn't seem much though. Are they long multi-part ones or will the mod be focused more on dynamic stuff.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 16:16

scritty wrote:Can you put a link to the original thread then? Sounds V interesting, and the search function if FUBAR'd and I'll never find it without.

Keep up the good work.

Clarker
Link to original thread, I think :)
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34930

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 20:39

Aye that's the link. The war mod is slightly different, but *this* mod will incorporate the war mod into it.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 05:08

http://home.ripway.com/2004-3/88752/
Here is the soundpack for the mod. It's 1.2mb. I was unable to upload to strike9 so I foudn the first free hosting site I could. This one has a daily limit to bandwidth of 5mbs. So even tho the mod is not done start downloading now because only 4 people can download at a time. Gonna find an extra hoster I guess. This soundpack is optional but very highly recommended.

GoateeCat
x2

Re: Status of our Mod

Post by GoateeCat » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 05:47

aalaardb wrote: Now the question: what shall we call it?
An all out War mod?

X-crement: The universe gone to sh!t

:P

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 12:55

200+ sectors.. :o

Good work dudes. :thumb_up:
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 18:34

You could always release it via bittorrent and upload it to fileplanet if you have trouble finding hosting for it.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

hrett
x3

Re: Status of our Mod

Post by hrett » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:02

aalaardb wrote:For anyone who was wondering about the status of the Storm Front / AalaarDB mod it's 85% done!

map with 200+ sectors 99.5% done
laser/missle mod: testing
mission scripts: 5 written and testing
war scripts: 66%
flavor text: 50%
Fleet commands: converted and testing
Sounds: testing
BF scripts: converted and testing
Patrol scripts: testing
Autominer: testing
Xai scripts: waiting
other mods/scripts: not converted
sorry no new ships
Status of Aalaar: pooped

Now the question: what shall we call it?
Now this will get me playing X2 again! I can't wait!

With so many new features, why not call it "X2-XL"?
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:07

Yes, I forgot to say, lookslike your adding a hell of a lot of 'character' to the X universe which is most welcome. Do you elaborate on your ideas anywhere?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:13

*cough* SF just came up with a great idea, I'll let it be a surprise until release unless he feels like bestowing upon you the greatness of the idea.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 07:47

aalaardb wrote:*cough* SF just came up with a great idea, I'll let it be a surprise until release unless he feels like bestowing upon you the greatness of the idea.
Which idea was that, the one about the nude dancers in the Profit Share Bliss Place. :D

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 08:33

While a great idea, Bliss palaces come standard with nude dancers. To be a GREAT idea it needs to be revolutionary, like your... oops can't finish the sentence because umm it turned nite time and I can't see the keyboard to type. Well, goodnite!

Metuelisator
x2

Post by Metuelisator » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 13:43

aalaardb wrote:While a great idea, Bliss palaces come standard with nude dancers. To be a GREAT idea it needs to be revolutionary, like your... oops can't finish the sentence because umm it turned nite time and I can't see the keyboard to type. Well, goodnite!
Grr, dang you ;) Can`t wait to see it...
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Intel Quadcore Q9300 @ 2,5 GHz
Geforce 8800 GTS 512
4G Ram Dual-Channel
Win XP SP3

the_conquerer_cgi
x3tc

Post by the_conquerer_cgi » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 13:57

Would I happen to be one of those bestowed people? :P For some strange reason, I think I am, and I'm not saying anything because I want you all to writhe in curiosity. :lol:

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 13:57

First mod I'd probably download and use..:)
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 17:10

the_conquerer_cgi wrote:Would I happen to be one of those bestowed people? :P For some strange reason, I think I am, and I'm not saying anything because I want you all to writhe in curiosity. :lol:
You must extraordinary psychic abilities. :D

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 20:37

the_conquerer_cgi wrote:Would I happen to be one of those bestowed people? :P For some strange reason, I think I am, and I'm not saying anything because I want you all to writhe in curiosity. :lol:
I don't think it's the thing you're thinking of. :(

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”