[MOD] Anticipated Free Trade mod ( Auto Trade Headquarter version)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tefara

[MOD] Anticipated Free Trade mod ( Auto Trade Headquarter version)

Post by tefara » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 19:38

Free Trade/mine Version 1.00
Link download
http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/455/?

Version 1.01Free trade HQ will replace the manager ship with an auto trade hQ station as required ( both version are almost same and only use one of them please )
How to build "auto trade hQ station":
1 - buy a builder ship, assign architekt, add it to your squad ( can see build location now )
2- fly to the build location you want to place the HQ station, interact and choose build
3- Choose "Build Auto trade HQ Station!" then have fun
==================================================
Features:
1.Provide distinct list of that can satisfy most players that include: General goods free trade , food supply, energy supply, industrial and agricultural bulk supply ...etc
2. Provide mining/collecting resource will all of any ware that you want
3. Provide a trading manager ship that will group all of your trader/miner ships
- Manager ship cannot be sell or destroy no matter what you are doing with him
-Manager ship is a powerful battleship - Full Mekron - will not affect any of your traders and miners , you can control it as a normal battle but try not to assign him to station or ship ( it maybe cause all trader stop??? haven't tested yet)
- By grouping all traders/miner to the Manager ship will avoid them to be listed in the normal tradeoffer menu ( Thing about that you have dozens of free trader/miner which are beling listed in normal tradeoffer menu, you can be kill by trying to find the correct ship you want ) - That is my proud improvement

How to use: ALl cargo L and XL ship can become a trader
1 - Remove you trade out of your squad, wait for its command status became none - none
2 - Call them then press esc or del
3 - a new conversation will star if that ship is idle
4- Setup your free trade/mine
4.1 Choose Range : it can be
sector,
cluster or
galaxy basic on captain's total 3 primary skills point : <10 sector, <13 cluster, >13 galaxy
4.2 Next Choose type of station: Player's station only or all
*If your choose Player's station only however there are no seller in range, you trader will smartly lookup for NPC's seller to make sure that your station can get enough to work normal

4.3 Now choose list of wars that you want to trade or mine
Trader = container goods, drone, weapon...
supplier = the wares that necessary for all stations such as energy, food, medicine, water, bulk
Ore miner: need at least 10 miner drone
Gas collector: need 10 gas collector drone

4.4 now finalize wares list and have fun

5: After your trader/miner started, the ship name will be changed according to what is it doing. It will automatically be assigned to the "Trade Manager ship"-don't worry, as i said before, it can do its job perfectly
To stop free trade : call it and join it to your squad
To resume free trade: remove it from your squad, wait for none none, call it, press esc or del:
Now you have some options:
Resume to the assigned free trade/mine
Change Range then resume
Change Type of station then resume
Change ware then resume
Show profit (View in logbook)
Reset all param

Developing features
Train your commander to improve his skills ( because i have create another mod your populate players's station with 5 star worker so i currently don't do this but i will develop this features if requested )
Last edited by tefara on Sun, 9. Aug 15, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 20:08

Sounds good Tefara, but idea for you. Instead of an indestructible manager ship, why not create a "management station" (only purpose is to manage trade fleet) and do it that way? I think that would be a better implementation of the mod.

You could just mod in a special station that doesn't produce anything (use existing station or something) and it is only for the purpose of managing trade fleet. The "bank" for all trade ships under the management of this station could also be tied to one manager

tefara

Post by tefara » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 21:02

Well, currently the was a station name warehouse that can become a manager station, however, where will we create that station? game stat with plot we only act in ablion, teladiout post and etc.

The main purpose of trade manager ship is to remove our trader from list in normal tradeoffer list ( This is a serious problem), and easy to access when game is going. Just like me, i have more than 30 stations and if i create a manager trader station, it hard to access in a big list like that

tefara

Post by tefara » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 21:07

One more thing, there is noway to destroy that manager ship " you can try yourself without using other mods". And who want to destroy a powerfull Fulmekron battle ship. Maybe next version i will change it into Xenon cap ship :lol:

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 21:22

a hint for you: you can replace this:

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$Wmac" exact="0"/>
				 <do_if value="$Ware == ware.drp_cargolifter">
					 <set_value name="$Wmac" exact="macro.units_size_xs_transp_empty_macro"/>
				 </do_if>
				 <do_elseif value="$Ware == ware.drp_surfaceminer_mk2">
					 <set_value name="$Wmac" exact="macro.units_size_drone_rubble_collector_mk2_macro"/>
				 </do_elseif>
with a simple

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$Wmac" exact="$Ware.objectmacro"/>
;) (ok, you have to sort out what kind of macro it is afterwards to add it correctly for unbundling, like with "$Wmac.class == class.ship_xs" for examle or "$Wmac.class == class.missile")

also too bad that you just add and remove wares instead of properly using the trade commands, i hoped to get some hints from your code..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

tefara

Post by tefara » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 21:56

Thanks, i will look at that

Are you want to do free trade using the vanilla transfer ware method?

If yes, i think you better look for the way to create the planned trip for ships, i have saw that method before, not sure where is it ( the result of trade offer menu is the params), we just insert param and the builtin code with take the rest of other part

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 22:14

tefara wrote:Well, currently the was a station name warehouse that can become a manager station, however, where will we create that station? game stat with plot we only act in ablion, teladiout post and etc.

The main purpose of trade manager ship is to remove our trader from list in normal tradeoffer list ( This is a serious problem), and easy to access when game is going. Just like me, i have more than 30 stations and if i create a manager trader station, it hard to access in a big list like that
I don't understand what you mean here. The player can just use a CV and build the "manager station"

Also, having an indestructible ship is cheating.

tefara

Post by tefara » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 22:37

:D This mod is totally a cheat mod, just a supporting for player who wanna build an empire

A Cv can build a station but what happen if you don't have any cv and want to use this mod? buy a cv, take hours to but a stations etc...:? Making that ship become undead only mean to prevent some error, you too cannot sell that ship for profit. at first i think to make an rahana energy and container :? but after that i think why cannot it be a trademanager and super bodyguard :twisted:

Maybe we could reduce the profit from free trade to pay for that ship to balance gameplay

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 08:48

Hi Tefara,

Interesting mod! I'll see if I can give it a spin under Linux sometime soon!

I really like the idea you describe of just saying "whatever, just supply all my stations in Albion!" That's really a godsend!
And then you add a sorting ship, lovely! It's already becoming a pain for me with only 20 tradeships (some running YAT, and some patrolling titurels..)

I do agree with Blackrain that a free Lyramekron is a bit overkill. It's more fun to me if I have to earn it :-)
If we do get "free lunches" (easier to code, I assume) I would personally prefer an (indestructible) Rahanas, far more office space for the trade-boss ;-)
I would even prefer if that ship couldn't be used for anything else (excuse: captain is "to busy managing the others" to do anything himself). But if we're talking indestructible ship that can't do anything, it might as well be a station ;-)
That would actually be cool, a player trade-HQ! (But also a lot harder to code, I think, so I'll understand if you don't go that way)

As I said, great ideas, and thank you for sharing!

tefara

Post by tefara » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 15:10

@CulunTse
I actually right now can create a tradestation manager, using plutac overwatch ( the one in plot mission which product nothing, perfect for a trade manager)

- Solved problem with the location ( player can choose where the manager station will place )

However, there are a new issue- trader/miner assigned to that station sometime stop their work with no reason? maybe the station is under attack. i will try to fix it and update soon

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 18:04

The stopping for no reason may be the vanilla station manager kicking in.
Station managers will use ships that are assigned to them to gather wares they need for production. Maybe this stops your scripts.
Since the PMC Overwatch needs nothing, maybe it gives empty wishlists to the traders.

Other note:
I saw in Euclid's topic that you posted you 'remake' his mod with this one.
How do you mean 'remake'? Like 'same idea, but totally new code (from scratch)', or did you reuse code written by Euclid?

If you reuse (a lot) of code from Euclid, it is polite to mention this ("credits to Euclid's autotrader, parts of which I reused")
If it's just the idea/inspiration, but you wrote everything yourself, no credits are needed, but you should probably clear up some confusion :-)

tefara

Post by tefara » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 19:38

Like Euclid's Mod, my mod not actually transfer ware. In vanila method, ship need jump => move => dock=>, tranfer cargo=> undock, to perform a trade run. My mod same Euclid's Mod, only need jump, move, add and remove cargo directly, no dock and undock so i said that i remake his mod. I find out away for my ship to do vanila transprot method. But the trade run speed is too slow, if compare with the other ( sometimes ship take more than 15min just for " wait for drone " process after finish unload its cargo into station )

PS/ Are u using YAT mod? his mod is using perfect UI, but i has never success in using auto mining feature in his mod :?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 20:45

I don't see any issues with the mining my end tbh, but I do hear others saying that auto mining fails for them. Develpoment is stalled atm for YAT v2 but I'll be happy to share the new ui code with you as it stands if it might be useful. Pop me a pm if you want to take a look through.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzGfe ... Gw1d1JjdXc
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

tefara

Post by tefara » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 20:56

Thank for shared
I try do a freemining, first times miner cannot find correct zone to mine ore, next time i call it to the zone where ore available, however, it start to fly around ( 3km form its last pos ) but still cannot find the astros in that range

Ajpav13

Post by Ajpav13 » Fri, 21. Aug 15, 06:45

For the Trading HQ version: did you use the PMC Overwatch station?

I'm currently playing CWIR and have built some PMC Overwatches as they are now an option via that mod. - Will their presence mess with your mod?

Thanks!

tefara

Post by tefara » Sat, 22. Aug 15, 17:09

Ajpav13 wrote:For the Trading HQ version: did you use the PMC Overwatch station?

I'm currently playing CWIR and have built some PMC Overwatches as they are now an option via that mod. - Will their presence mess with your mod?

Thanks!
Yes, i'm using pmc overwatch, and it wholly doesn't mess with your others.
Auto trade HQ is not built by normal way, it absolutely Created after you chose " Built auto trade HQ " and you can only create one and only one "Auto trade HQ" by this way

Ofcourse you can build PMC overwatchs by selecting it in the build menu using another mod. but there is no problem.

Ajpav13

Post by Ajpav13 » Sat, 22. Aug 15, 19:53

@tefara

Thank you for the reply! One more question: can your mod be used side-by-side with YAT? (I only ask as it seems it can from the postings; but want to be double sure).

Thank you again!

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 11:35

While there shouldn't be clashes, I no longer play XR, but still lurk a bit here ;) 1500+ hours was fun but I'm no longer developing mods released or new so I'd recommend dropping YAT :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

tefara

Post by tefara » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 15:38

@Ajpav13
I recently developing a "unique weapon" mod so don't have time to working on free trade
Five unique weapon for Skun can be acquired from shipyard holder faction: PMC, canteran, HOA, AG, and Ledda Industrial
1) Supper plasma cannon : shooting a slow, big, area damge project like Sucellus;' "IHC Cannon" do (about 90k damage per second, range 8000)
2a ) Double Pulsed Maser: similar to vanila Pulsed Maser gun but we can have 2 gun at once so it can do double damage
2b)Doule Particle Repeater: x2 Particle Repeater mk2 at once
3) Sniper : 3 second per shot, range 16k, damge 125000 per shot
4) Photon laser: 3 photon laser, low damage, but no heat created, no reload, and excellent accuracy rate
5) Shield defeater: do nearly no damge to hull but extremely danger to shield ( exellent to take down capital shield quickly)
in order to get any of that unique gun, 25+ relation ship with the holder faction and completed an unlock mission ( collect 1000 weapon Fragments) is required, so that at least we have something to "Farm" when keep playing the game

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 24. Aug 15, 01:11

Multiple weapons at once? Great job! That is the sort of think the Katana mod would benefit from too.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=377888

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”