'Of Future Heroism' - Redux - Pt.3 Spliting image

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

'Of Future Heroism' - Redux - Pt.3 Spliting image

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 00:38

'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.3 Spliting image - Version: Redux

I watched the Boron pilot softly grasping the controls with his suited tentacles, as I tapped my sweaty fingers against the chair, and wished that I was flying. It had taken us almost a whole tazura to get from Argon Prime to the outer regions of the Split held sectors here in Family Whi. Now we were just one gate from our contact in Family Zein. We crossed through the Split sector without incident but now we were being tailed by a Split fighter that my companion assured me was a Wolf.

"We scan you now!" The Boron did not seem to be worried by this. After a moments delay the computer reported, "You are scanned by Split Wolf" Suddenly I felt a tingling sensation as it passed over me. The Boron waited for a reply, it did not come... The Boron flicked on the Comms "Is everything all right officer?" Suddenly the Wolf slammed on its thrusters, and pulled away at maximum speed. why is this Boron not doing anything?

A thought crossed my mind, 'We've been double crossed, but he doesn't seem to care!' On the scanners a Python had changed course to intercept and was now speeding towards us at maximum velocity, in fact everything that looked like a fighter and could fly was moving towards us. I softly screeched "Aren't you going to do anything???" He gave me an arrogant look "Your impatience is beyond belief! I told you if we go any faster we'll attract attention!" A suddenly felt fear spread across my entire body, "Don't you think it's a little late for that?"

The Boron looked at the Gravidar and his eyes widened as he realised his mistake. Pulling desperately at the controls he tried to increase the ships speed but it was too late the Python was on top of us! Something was pulling us back towards it! There was a sudden jolt which sent me flying forward into the console.

Awakening slightly disorientated, I noticed that I was wrapped in a soft bed of silken sheets. Reaching up, my hand felt the sore bump on my head and I wondering how red it must look. The room swayed back and forth, trying to stand I grasped tightly onto the deeply engraved upright of the bed, but the room begins to violently tip and spin. Taking a few steps towards the door my legs suddenly felt wobbly, I crash down onto the floor.

Suddenly people are all around me. "I told you not to leave her unattended!" Another voice replies "But it was only for a sezura!" Strong hands lift me back onto the soft, welcoming bed, "Wait till the Captain hears about this! He'll have your head!" I felt something cold and soft being wiped across my cheek.. My eyelids suddenly feel heavy and I can't help but close them.

Waking up after the best sleep I've had in... I've never had such a good sleep, my head felt much better, as I look around my eyes take the time to admire the lavish decor of this enormous room. Blue and purple rimes are draped around the bed and the Chin family crest hung from the ceiling just over my bed. It obscured most of the ceiling and back wall and dwarfed just about everything else in the room. A guard appears from one of the grand passageways and approached the bed. His skin was dark almost burgundy compared to my own pale skin. I pushed myself to the top end of the bed.

He bows low, "The Captain requests an audience with you" Unsure of what is going on I slip myself out of the bed, expecting to be marched into some type of throne room, but a regal figure rushes across the floor and embraces my in a melting hug that almost swept me off my feet in the process. His touch was tender, warm, almost loving... He whispers softly into my ear, "Shhh.. Everything all right now! You home... Everything different now!" Suddenly the bulkhead began to pull apart exposing a triangular observation window, the primary planet of Family Pride filled the viewing window, "Look home!"

The shuttle ride was a little bumpy but a real thrill none the less as the pilot let me handle the controls. We landed smoothly in the middle of a large Coliseum where the whispering was like the roaring waves on a beach. There must have been atleast ten thousand Split arround us. There was a sudden crash, like thunder and the room was quiet. All I could hear now was the soft hissing of hydraulics as the Chin family throne descended to ground level but before the throne hit the ground its occupant jumped down onto the floor, "My daughter!" He cried as he held me. I didn't know what to think, it was such a surprise. So much so I could feel tears building inside me and I looked deep into is eyes "Father?"

Even now I still don't know what to think sitting on the bridge of my very own Raptor and I am overwhelmed by it all. Commenting more to myself than anyone else, "I need to find somewhere I can think!" The helmsman replied, "Yes! Oh divine one." I suddenly realised I was talking out loud and ask slightly puzzled, "Where are we going?" The helmsman replied, "Where no one knows where you are!" I looked around slightly perplexed but the helmsman looked back and smiled at me and then pointed at a sector on the map with a line into the uncharted territories.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 00:53

Very good, keep going.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 01:20

I've already finished part 4 and am half way through part 5...

You'll see that I've kept right in line with official X2 history...

Here's hoping... :roll:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 02:24

Very good read. Yet again a different kind of story line!
Have to go back and read the first two chapters and then ch 4. I think to remember you posting ch 1 quite a while back.

Keep it coming.

Alienmoe
x3

Post by Alienmoe » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 23:07

Was the constant switching of tenses intentional? Made for a confusing read.

But other that that, good work so far (About to continue on to the other chapters) :D :thumb_up:
I <3 UTs :D

Alienmoe "But come on. You screwed up if you're dead."
Parazac "in my case, they should change the words to:
'uh oh, you just tried something silly didnt you!'"
-Talking about "The End"

Return to “Creative Universe”