Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 22:10

Sector Planner v1.1 released

I have now released an updated version of sector planner, it contains the following new features:

You can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

i) Allow setting of zero buy / sell prices for use with the buy ware script (check the 0 Cr check box in the profit calculator).
ii) Allow adding of pirate bases (for when they respawn).
iii) The resource usage and station list are now on seperate tabs
iv) User manual written by DarkHold.

Bug fixes:
i) Advanced sat. factorys are now giving correct profit results (I think!).

Installation Instructions
i) Backup your save files (just in case).
ii) Un-install the previous version
iii) Install new version
iv) When you first load your save file it will automatically upgrade it to the new version.

A big thank you to eveyone who has made suggestions (and spotted the bug!). And a special thank you to Darkhold for writing the manual - I just detest writing documentation so it was very much appreciated.

Any problems, please let me know.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 23:46

Incredible! You are very efficient, LS... :D

Thank you once again,
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 23:58

:thumb_up:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 03:10

The_Abyss wrote::thumb_up:
Abyss, has anyone ever said you talk too much? :P

sean|Bsc
x2

Post by sean|Bsc » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 10:32

well done on the update, looks all good - that was qiuck!

i see you haven't added the knock-on affect i mentioned (earlier in the topic), i've thought about how it colud be done - i believe it would be possible if you could find out each NPC's station's jumps setting.
P4 3.2Ghz Northwood 800FSB
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128mb
Corsair 1Gb 400DDR Ram
Creative Audigy 2ZS
MSI 865PE Motherboard

Tapsa
x3tc

Bug!!!

Post by Tapsa » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 10:47

Just found a nasty problem with Sector Planner. I added my factories and saved the sector map. When I tried to open the file I get an error message "Input string was not in a correct format." I did some further testing, tried with an empty sector map (started Sector Planner and saved the map) and the same thing happend.

I did some more testing and traced the problem to the common problem of the decimal point, something that I have run into before in my own programming projects. The problem is that in Finland the decimal separator is the comma (,) and in US it is the dot (.). This causes a problem when loading the XML file, because my computer says that a dot is not part of a numeric string and sector planner crashes because it is trying to convert a string such as 1.0 to a number. I verified my theory by setting my computer's regional setting to English (US) and everything works fine.

Hope you can find a way to fix this problem because it is quite anoying to change the regional settings just for using sector planner... :cry:

LordSuch
x3

Re: Bug!!!

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:09

Tapsa wrote:Just found a nasty problem with Sector Planner. I added my factories and saved the sector map. When I tried to open the file I get an error message "Input string was not in a correct format." I did some further testing, tried with an empty sector map (started Sector Planner and saved the map) and the same thing happend.

I did some more testing and traced the problem to the common problem of the decimal point, something that I have run into before in my own programming projects. The problem is that in Finland the decimal separator is the comma (,) and in US it is the dot (.). This causes a problem when loading the XML file, because my computer says that a dot is not part of a numeric string and sector planner crashes because it is trying to convert a string such as 1.0 to a number. I verified my theory by setting my computer's regional setting to English (US) and everything works fine.
Tapsa,

Would you please be able to create a simple save file that causes this problem and then email it to me at lord_of_such@hotmail.com. I will try to prioritise this, however I can't promise anything.

Cheers

LS

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:21

Just trying to download it with no joy from either site - if you want then I can mirror the download and/or pages for you !! PM me if you are interested !!

EDIT: you can download it if you paste the shortcut to the file into your browser AND replace the .zip with .msi ..........................
Last edited by Gazzareth on Tue, 27. Apr 04, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tapsa
x3tc

Re: Bug!!!

Post by Tapsa » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:59

Tapsa,

Would you please be able to create a simple save file that causes this problem and then email it to me at lord_of_such@hotmail.com. I will try to prioritise this, however I can't promise anything.

Cheers

LS
LordSuch, I sent you an email. I'm pretty sure that if you set your computers regional setting to Finnish or any other country with a comma as a decimal separator you can make Sector Planner crash with any save file.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 12:59

This sounds very much like the same problem we have with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. If we don't set the regional setting to US English, we will not get water reflections in the simulator... :roll: FS2004 has been out for about a year now, and still no patch.

So normally I should probably have gotten this error as well with Sector Planner, but since I already have the regional settings set to US English I've 'missed' it.
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 16:46

Gazzareth wrote:Just trying to download it with no joy from either site - if you want then I can mirror the download and/or pages for you !! PM me if you are interested !!

EDIT: you can download it if you paste the shortcut to the file into your browser AND replace the .zip with .msi ..........................

Thanks for spotting this I have now changed the index on the 1asphost site.

Sorry about the error - its part of the problem with two sites with subtle differences in content

Tapsa - I'll have a look into the issue this evening

LS

ELL
x3

Post by ELL » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 17:20

the second time i open up this program i get a 'sector planer.exe is not a valid win32 application' error it works the first time i use it tho

i temporarally solve it by uninstalling and installing th program but this is a major inconvenience to me

any help would be great

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 20:47

ELL wrote:the second time i open up this program i get a 'sector planer.exe is not a valid win32 application' error it works the first time i use it tho

i temporarally solve it by uninstalling and installing th program but this is a major inconvenience to me
Ell,

Are you certain that you don't have a virus on your machine? It certainly sounds suspicious.

In my testing I have tried sector planner on four machines here (and it works fine) and no one else has mentioned this problem.

You can get free (for personal use) anti virus software from http://www.grisoft.com/ if you don't have any.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Cheers

LS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 22:33

Sector Planner v1.1 (sp1) released

I have released an interim version of Sector Planner to fix problems with some international number formats (those that don't use a period in floating point numbers).

Sorry to those that it has effected.

If you do not have this problem, there is no need to download this update.

As usual you can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

As always, if you have any problems or feature suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Sanke
x3

Post by Snake Sanke » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 23:08

LS

Thanks - Every Nova should have one.

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 23:14

Minor glitches.

Using the Station Calc the selling price 0 is checked by default (though it doesn't effect the profit calculated until you uncheck and recheck it)

Using the Price Selector from the station roster if you manually type in a price (say 20 for energy cells) and hit enter it hits 'ok' instead and doesn't adjust the price so you have to use the sliders.

Using the Price Selector or the station calc sliders for silicon mines only goes to 777 so you have to type it in the box or use the up and down arrows on the price box. This seems to occur with other high priced items I found the same problem with silkworm missles, shield factories, etc.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 00:00

Darkhold wrote: Using the Station Calc the selling price 0 is checked by default (though it doesn't effect the profit calculated until you uncheck and recheck it)
You're quite right (I had managed to miss this). I have fixed this in the current development build and therefore it will be in the next release.
Darkhold wrote: Using the Price Selector from the station roster if you manually type in a price (say 20 for energy cells) and hit enter it hits 'ok' instead and doesn't adjust the price so you have to use the sliders.

Using the Price Selector or the station calc sliders for silicon mines only goes to 777 so you have to type it in the box or use the up and down arrows on the price box. This seems to occur with other high priced items I found the same problem with silkworm missles, shield factories, etc.
I am aware of both these issues, although I haven't acted upon them yet due to them not being *critical*.

As long as people can deal with these minor issues I will leave them until the next feature update.

Thanks for the feedback, its always useful.

Cheers

LS

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 00:00

Same thing with ore mines. I have the selling price for some at 177, while Sector Planner only goes up to 175. No biggie, in other words...
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 14:27

Wow! This is truly AWESOME! Thanks a lot, man.
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 16:53

Just downloaded it (always wait for at least version 1.1 of any software :)). Had a quick look at it, it's going to take a while to get all my stations into it, but looks highly useful & the sort of thing I'll wonder how I managed without for all this time. Cheers!

One minor question, though:
Is there any way to remove NPC stations from the list?
In my game 2 of the SPP's & the 25MW shield fab in Akeelas Beacon have all been destroyed (by the AI corvettes for some unknown reason) & I would like to update the data in sector planner to reflect this.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”