The Deep Void Chapter 2 Part 1 (new layout)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

vader146

The Deep Void Chapter 2 Part 1 (new layout)

Post by vader146 » Mon, 17. May 04, 00:19

Chapter 2 – The Path of Revenge

I awoke feeling slightly nauseous, chances are the fighter had been shaken about a fair bit when I was sleeping. There was a quick moment of peace in my mind as I slowly came to grips with things, and then it hit me again like a fist in my stomach and a dagger in my mind.

How could he? My own father, one the most respected men in the section of the galaxy, a traitor to the empire.
It just didn’t seem to fit, I felt a great wave of anger begin to flow through my body but I’d calmed it down before it burst out of me.

This craft was in a bad enough state already, me hitting the dashboard would only make things worse.
I slumped in my chair and closed my eyes with my hands over them.

It was like a fire in my throat and a bullet in my brain. I needed to let it out, I had to tell somebody.
Standing up my head turned towards the window.
All I remembered thinking then was ‘shit.’ The fighter was drifting right in to an asteroid field. Why me? What had I done?

Running to the dashboard I yanked as hard as possible on the control stick, urging it to do something and then it snapped. It hadn’t occurred to me how hard I had been pulling.

It was no use, what was the point now? A sneer came across my face. Then I lost it. Shouting as hard as my lungs could take I began to hit everything my fists could reach. My words weren’t even making much sense, it was some thing along the lines of,

“Lousy…not…stupid piece of…kill him…bastard!”

I knew perfectly well what I meant to say though. Even if he was my father. I wanted him dead, I wanted to go after him. He was never the nicest person but I’d never seen him as a traitor.

Then my small rampage was brought to a sudden halt as the fighter lurched violently to the right.

Shit, I thought it was over, thought my death was inevitable.
Turning my head slowly back to the window I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

You always try to make out that you’re not scared. Not of space, not of people, not even of death. But when it comes down to it we’re all scared, it’s one of the things that make us human.

Then I realized the tears were gone, it was quite the opposite. I let out a small laugh.
The fighter was entering the hull of a large cruiser, like a small fish being eaten like a great shark.

Blue lights shone on me through the window like the lights from heaven…my saviour, my salvation.
And then a voice erupted from the tunnel outside, and then I realized the size of the place and felt utterly insignificant.

“We saw you out there and thought you could use a little help. We’re sending a couple of men to come and get you.”

The voice had a very distinct American accent. This made me fell a little less cheerful. For the last hundred years the British and Americans had been bickering over a certain sector of space know as the ‘Ultania’ region. Fortunately it had never amounted to a full scale war so I hopefully wouldn’t get it to bad.

Then I heard a knocking at the window of my fighter. A rather large man with a moustache was beckoning me to come out of my fighter.

He reminded me of a walrus.

I strode over to the exit of my fighter. It took me a few minutes to open the doors, as the switch was broken I had to do it manually. It took up a lot of my strength and I even winced in pain a few times as I felt my muscles stretching.

I kept walking straight expecting there to be a docking platform. Instead I fell a few metres and landed with a thud on cold, hard steel.

A cut emerged on my head and some blood trickled down my neck. Looking up I saw the walrus man staring at me with a look on his face as if he’d just fallen. Then very suddenly I felt all my thoughts drift away as I became unconscious.

Return to “Creative Universe”