What do you do with spacefly eggs?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dedodido
x2

What do you do with spacefly eggs?

Post by Dedodido » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:38

please help. I found 20 of them in a secret contaner and don't have a clue what to do with them. any ideas?

Binary
x2

Post by Binary » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:42

It`s not eggs it`s spacefly`s :evil:
Sell them at a Pirate station or Chelts meat station in split space :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:43

or drop them in an asteroid and let them hatch :lol:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:45

All they ever seem to do is fill up your cargo hold. They will totally fill up any ship you have. Just last night, I tested that theory, and got 1500 spacefly eggs in my totally empty, totally maxed dolphin. :roll:

I've thought of a good use for them though. You know how the NPC fighters like to steal all your booty after you kill some bad guys? Well, before you start a fight, drop half a dozen containers of spacefly eggs around. All the NPC fighters will fill up their holds with worthless eggs, and thus not be able to pick up any of your goodies later. :fg:

Now if only I could figure out how to make them rotten eggs. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:46

Space flies can be sold as indicated above. :D

If they are eggs, eject them in space, they just take up space & can't be sold. :(
Last edited by Ferd Harling on Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:47

Binary wrote:It`s not eggs it`s spacefly`s :evil:
Sell them at a Pirate station or Chelts meat station in split space :)
He's talking about Spacefly Eggs, not spaceflies. Too different things. Spaceflies = 3890 cr. Spacefly Eggs = worthless.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Dedodido
x2

Post by Dedodido » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:48

so they don't actually do anything at all?! what's the point in having them in secret containers?!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:50

Dedodido wrote:so they don't actually do anything at all?! what's the point in having them in secret containers?!
Unknown at this point. Once heard a rumor of a Pirate BBS mission involving them, but never found one and never heard of anyone else finding one either. :?

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:53

Nanook wrote:You know how the NPC fighters like to steal all your booty after you kill some bad guys? Well, before you start a fight, drop half a dozen containers of spacefly eggs around. All the NPC fighters will fill up their holds with worthless eggs, and thus not be able to pick up any of your goodies later.
:lol:

By the way: Spaceflies = 3890 cr; Spacefly Eggs = 1 cr.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 20:54

Flector wrote: By the way: Spaceflies = 3890 cr; Spacefly Eggs = 1 cr.
I repeat, Spacefly Eggs = worthless! :P :lol:

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 22:19

• Nanook wrote: Just last night, I tested that theory, and got 1500 spacefly eggs in my totally empty, totally maxed dolphin. :roll:
    Yep did that and have just short of 2000 of them and 400 space flys stuck in side to dolpins in my Nav Sat factory in Brennan's. :?

If there is a mission involved I've got plenty :roll:
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 22:34

terrabyte wrote:
  • Nanook wrote: Just last night, I tested that theory, and got 1500 spacefly eggs in my totally empty, totally maxed dolphin. :roll:
    Yep did that and have just short of 2000 of them and 400 space flys stuck in side to dolpins in my Nav Sat factory in Brennan's. :?

If there is a mission involved I've got plenty :roll:

Feeling flushed with cash, I bought a maxed Dolphin just to hold my eggs. Called it the Spacefly Hatchery. :roll: Don't know how long they'll take to hatch, though. :P :lol:

White Tiger 30
x3tc

Post by White Tiger 30 » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 22:55

Theres a question that might beg some research. What if carying around spacefly eggs had a higher probability of attracting spaceflies to your ship?
White Tiger

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 23:05

Spacefly Eggs are not worthless, there are useful, all you do is hack the egg in the pan and cook then enjoy your meal! :P

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 04, 23:09

Reader81 wrote:Spacefly Eggs are not worthless, there are useful, all you do is hack the egg in the pan and cook then enjoy your meal! :P
But only if you're Split. :lol:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 19. Jun 04, 04:47

Nanook wrote:
Reader81 wrote:Spacefly Eggs are not worthless, there are useful, all you do is hack the egg in the pan and cook then enjoy your meal! :P
But only if you're Split. :lol:
Someone said that if you leave them in a hollow asteroid they will breed more spaceflies, but I don't know if it was true or he was just spreading Natural Organic Fertilizer around. :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

number6
x2

Post by number6 » Sat, 19. Jun 04, 05:01

Carl Sumner wrote:
Someone said that if you leave them in a hollow asteroid they will breed more spaceflies, but I don't know if it was true or he was just spreading Natural Organic Fertilizer around. :wink:
They were spreading it thick and deep. The omelette suggestion is the best so far. Would probably be good on a meatsteak cahoona as well. I seem to remember getting a burger that way in Germany. Though they claimed it was an "American" style burger. I've never had one like that anywhere over here, but it actually was kind of tasty.
Be seeing you...

eug1404

Post by eug1404 » Sat, 19. Jun 04, 05:12

number6 wrote:The omelette suggestion is the best so far. Would probably be good on a meatsteak cahoona as well. I seem to remember getting a burger that way in Germany. Though they claimed it was an "American" style burger. I've never had one like that anywhere over here, but it actually was kind of tasty.
You went to Germany to eat American food???

number6
x2

Post by number6 » Sat, 19. Jun 04, 05:22

eug1404 wrote:
number6 wrote:The omelette suggestion is the best so far. Would probably be good on a meatsteak cahoona as well. I seem to remember getting a burger that way in Germany. Though they claimed it was an "American" style burger. I've never had one like that anywhere over here, but it actually was kind of tasty.
You went to Germany to eat American food???
:lol: I guess that does sound kind of silly, doesn't it? Actually I went over to do some collaborative work with a group at the University of Rostock. That was one night that our hosts took us to a bowling alley that had an 'American' theme to it. The rest of the time we stuck to more traditional German entertainment. I loved the local food in Warnemunde and Rostock. Mostly pork, potatoes, and all kinds of fish. And of course beer :) It was wonderful. Especially loved eating at the Kartoffel Hausen <sp? been too long> Over 100 items on the menu, and all involving potatoes. Great time.
Be seeing you...

Jatman
x3tc

Post by Jatman » Sat, 19. Jun 04, 12:38

I thought spaceflies were used as a power source. Would it not be dangerous to cook the eggs? The results could be explosive and I don't mean the intestinal kind.

Kind Regards
Jatman

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”