-new Script Jump.Start.TS.Plugin V.1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kailric
x3

-new Script Jump.Start.TS.Plugin V.1.1

Post by Kailric » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 12:01

Click here to download the Jump.Start.TS.Plugin V.1.1

To install place all scripts in your X2/script folder

Warning: onced installed and you save your game you can't undo the changes...well not easly :)

This new plugin is mainly designed to companion the Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project but can be used without it.

It globally increases the speed of all existing AI owned TS class ships, including the Pirate Ship by a random factor. Then to add to the feel that the universe is alive each TS class ship that completes a "get ware" misson will have a chance to recieve an engine tune upgrade.

PS If any would like an all AI ships version of this let me know if enough request I'll do it as it would take a little time to put an all ships version together.

The reasoning behind this plugin...
In the Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project..fighter ships have recieved an increase in the average amout of engine tunnings available. This leads to an imbalance of the TS class ships not receiving any kind of upgrade to speed and therefore not being able to "run to safety" with the same odds of survival as before. Thus this script was created. The global increase will only run once ...the first time a game is loaded with this plugin. After you save and reload it will not run again. New AI ships that are created will start with the default random amount of engine tunnings and will have to work, make profit, and survive to gain more speed.

If you want to see how the figures work..just read The Math section below, if you just want to play and not worry about it ...then go play :)

The math:
When this plugin first loads every TS class ship will recieve a Random increase in engine tunnings.
There are two factors for the about of engine tunnings...

The first factor is "upgrade level". Levels are 1 through 4 with 4 being the highest. There is a random chance out of 100 to be at each level and are as follows...
Level\chance
1\30%
2\30%
3\20%
4\20%
Each level there is a random chance on the amount of upgrade recieved as follows
For example: if the maximum number of upgrades still possible is 15 and the upgrade level is 1 then there is a random range from 0 to (25% of 15) or 3.

level\ range
1\0 to 25% of the maximum upgrade
2\25 to 50% of the maximum upgrade
3\50 to 75% of the maximum upgrade
4\75 to 100% of the maximum upgrade

When ever an AI owned ship returns home from a successful "get ware" mission it will have a chance to recieve an upgrade as follows..
33% chance to recieve no upgrade
33% chance to recieve1 upgrade
33% chance to recieve 2 upgrades

Thats all the math :)

Credits:

Thanks to francium de neobie for the "get sector" script and the "get ships" script
Last edited by Kailric on Thu, 1. Jul 04, 02:32, edited 2 times in total.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 18:15

By "get ware" missions do you mean buying for best price for your factories? And does this apply to the player's ships?
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 21:41

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:By "get ware" missions do you mean buying for best price for your factories? And does this apply to the player's ships?
Nope, the player has to award his own ships. No one seems to care how hard an AI owned ship has worked...hauling heavy loads through Khaak infested sectors and with Pirates buzzing around scanning their cargos for anything good. But with this script they will get a little reward for their effors to help them escape from those pesky pirates and unnerving khaak.

All AI owned ships run the same command the "get ware" command and when they finish this by makeing it back home safe...its considered a completed mission.

It should take a new ship quite some trips to reach the max in upgrades, it may not still be enough will have to see in play.

Also will prolly add rudder tunnings to this also and it should spread out the time it takes to get maxed.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 02:31

Jump.Start.TS.Plugin V.1.1

This version adds Rudder Optimization to the list of things upgraded. It uses the same "math" as the engine tunnings at start up. When the game starts it will check to see if you already upgraded the AI ship's speed, if not it will then upgrade both, if it has it will only upgrade rudder :)

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 02:33

Nice script, but I actually like butting in with an orinoco chasing a dolphin. It can't get past the shields, so I just sneak up and ion him.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 02:49

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:Nice script, but I actually like butting in with an orinoco chasing a dolphin. It can't get past the shields, so I just sneak up and ion him.
In that case....

Orinoco chases lone dolphin....
Ut oH , the player is in my sector...best me on my guard.
Yeap, just as I thought, he is comeing right at me.
I'll let him get with in 3km, then I'll turn and rend him with my Ion/AHEPT combo .... hee hee hee.

!THE END!

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 03:30

Grrr...stop making fun of my past misgivings! :cry: :lol:
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard