[BONUS Plug-In] Trade Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 16:45

Hi all,

I've been thinking about changing the MK3 script a little bit. My focus is on the buy/sell costs. Right now the script appears to only look at the average cost of a good. I would like it to make a new average, halfway between min and average for buying, and halfway between max and average for selling.

So, I already have a backup of scripts/t folders. Am I seriously going to mess things up if I play with this script? Should I stop all MK3 traders while I edit it?

Thanks

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 17:36

I would maybe have a look at this script, before you start tinkering. It maybe what your looking for.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

LowkeeDragon33

Post by LowkeeDragon33 » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 18:37

Hmm, I put this in the X2 board. I was going for X3. Your link is for X3 though, so all is okay. :)

The downloads appear to be gone. :(

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 19:48

I've posted a link to the file.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 08:51

Where are the Mk3 sold? I can't find any :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 09:34

The Mk3 Trading Software is sold at Teladi equipment docks and at the Terra Corp HQ. However, the software isn't listed there at the start of the game. You need to reload your game a few times in order to let the setup script add the software to random Teladi EDs. Once the software is listed, it will stay at the current EDs.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 01:24

After a long absence i decided to return to the X universe and boy do i have some catching up to do.
I wanted to try and finish some of my earlier projects and so loaded X2 and updated to v1.5.
I have enabled the SE but only have my single script running (which will not affect the MK3 script).

My question is the name of my trader is always 'Julian' and i cannot hire/dismiss a pilot because ALL my ships pilots are 'Julian'. I seem to remember last time i played and used the MK3 trader that his name and level appeared as the pilot name and when you initiated a trader mk3 he was given a random name ? has this changed ? Is the Hire/Dismiss command broken ? I have searched/read all i can about this but am unable to go beyond the sector trader as i don't know if my trader is levelling up !

cheers & good to see the community thriving :D
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 19:46

Bit of a necro-thread, but hopefully someone can help me. I played X2 with this mod (from the bonus pack) for a good few days, before restarting from scratch for various reasons.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anywhere selling the MK3 software now. Where should it be found? The only thing I changed (that I can remember) was that I enabled the script editor and installed an unsigned 'ship tow beam' mod. (I don't think I installed anything else ...)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 20:22

The Trading Software Mk3 is sold at Teladi Equipment docks and the TerraCorp Headquarters. It isn't sold at all Teladi docks at the beginning of the game though, but will be added to more docks, when you save and load your game a few times.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 22:15

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The Trading Software Mk3 is sold at Teladi Equipment docks and the TerraCorp Headquarters. It isn't sold at all Teladi docks at the beginning of the game though, but will be added to more docks, when you save and load your game a few times.
Yeah, I vaguely recalled that it was the Teladi sectors where I found it last time around. Unfortunately it wasn't in either of the first two I've already visited. I'm pretty sure it's not in the TerraCorp Headquarters either, but I'll double-check and hunt down some more Teladi Equipment docks to be sure.

[EDIT] Ah, nevermind. Re-installing the bonus pack fixed it. I still don't know what broke it, but it was probably user error (i.e. me) :lol:

Dantini
x2

Post by Dantini » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:57

hello, i have X2 v 1.4

The MK3 trader doesn't seem to have a level, and stops trading quite frequently - after looking around it seems that its because the MK3 was upgraded in the bonus pack!

So a few questions:

1. does the steam version of the game come with the bonus pack installed?
2. can i expect to make much profit with the 1.4 patch mk3 trader if i dont install the bonus pack?

thanks!

EDIT: for all the posts before mine saying that "there is no rank and the pilot's name is my own name" - thats what i have and i *think* its the default behaviour when you have 1.4 installed without the additional bonus pack. Confirmation would be good though :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”