1.4 Saved game, fully working, 100% unmodded.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

1.4 Saved game, fully working, 100% unmodded.

Post by giskard » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 19:49

Hello all.

I have put a saved game up on my site for those who are experiencing problems in 1.4. This saved game is known to be totally unmodifed, no cheats where used during the game and it is known to work without crashing X2 out EVER on my system!

Please test it without saving your game again, then test again after resaving the game and loading the new save back in.

Here is the link.
http://www.respawn.co.uk/temp/X00.zip 5.82MB Zipped.

Report back if it solves your problem or not.
It should help rule out saved games as an issue for some people at the very least or confirm your saves are corrupt in which case Egosoft need to know how they became corrupted.

IF you still get problems with this save game the chances are there is something else wrong with your X2 install or your computer.

It is one small step to finding a fix for you.

Be sure to post in your original problem thread if this helped or not, the moderators should be told where you got this save from since they will be taking notes on any and all solutions that get posted and passing on any confirmed issues.

Please note that 56k users need to check the archive was not corrupted during the download. Line errors can cause corrupt files when downloading large saves like this. If you have any doubts download it again during off (local) peak times.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 19:58

BTW this is a US saved game but im told it should still work on most systems. English ones at least. Im sure a mod will inform us of any exceptions.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 20:32

nice one :thumb_up:

can I put the save game link and a briefed up explanation from you in the CTD thread

cheers

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 21:15

No difference between English language versions - that's fine.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 21:38

The save is for use in this forum by those who have problems. So post the link anywhere in this technical support forum but please dont link to it from other websites. It is here to help track down some issues.

I doubt my sites bandwidth could cope with thousands of downloads from folk who dont have any problems at all.

giskard

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 22:38

added to the CTD sticky as item 32

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 046#291046

:thumb_up:

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 23. Jul 04, 06:05

Roger that.

Let me know if you figure anything out regarding the CTDs and odd save problems when people report using this save.

There should be enough player owned ships of various types to test almost every thing.

Giskard

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Fri, 23. Jul 04, 06:23

I was wondering something about converted saves: In the load/save screen it says the version, but my converted 1.3-1.4 saves just have a mark there (the grammar mark that's on the same key as the tilde, forget the name). Doesn't affect gameplay, just wondering about it.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Fri, 23. Jul 04, 11:29

The asterix :D

nope dont affect a thing, just shows you that its now a 1.4 save game, and the old 1.3 saves will still say they are 1.3

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 23. Jul 04, 18:19

BTW the save above was a 1.3 game originally.

Giskard

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”