'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.10 - No one suspects...

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sat, 24. Jul 04, 10:25

I awoke in her arms... Chi'zaia was there and that was all that I needed to comfort me... we lay in the plush bedrooms of the Senator's residence, in my absence my mother had furthered her career... she had so little time to see me... a mizura here, a meal there... I felt her sadness, her daughter was so close at hand yet I might as well be a thousand sectors away... she desperately wanted to see me... to make up for all those moments that she couldn't hold me... but Three Worlds also needed her attention. Last night I heard her break down and cry... as I entered her office she tried to put on a brave face but the tears kept coming... I held her in my arms... she seemed as if she had not aged a jazura since our tearful goodbye all those jazura ago... but I was not her little girl anymore... I was much a woman as she was... she had viewed almost my entire childhood from a monitor. I slipped out of bed and over to the mirror... my reflection stared back... I tried my best to ignore the hybrid parts... I have my mothers lips, cheeks... in fact most of my facial features are similar to hers... I let the hybrid filter back into my consciousness... There had been times that I had hated the split within... I looked back at Chi'zaia... her expression was one of innocence... she had been born split... part of me is like her... how could I hate her???

Mother had been slightly shocked to meet so many of our split relatives at once but welcomed our new family... The Chin family had once been made up of thirty eight billion individuals... now... of which five million had been the first family... we five were all that was left... only the cream of the crop... those daughters closest to my fathers heart... 'Steslza third born, my father had personally educated her, she was fluent in all the languages in the universe... she hasn't spoken since she was forced to watch husband and children being slaughtered by Ronkar himself. What had once been a strong flamboyant woman had been turned into a living corpse... 'Kiiran a gifted ship designer... she had watch her dreams explode into an ever expanding ball of debris as the shipyard went up in the dragon incident... like almost everyone in the room she was an emotional wreck. 'Sallix... she had endured my fate... she was little more than a child. Of all the people in the room Chi'zaia and I were the most calm... the most normal... perhaps it was age... perhaps it was because we had each other. They were all capable women... they would eventually find reasons to live their lives... after all they had all found a reason escape. Chi'zaia smiled sheepishly... almost as if she was embarrassed for them "So wh-At aRe we go-ing to do with them?" I smiled... her Paranid was becoming extremely good... It was a good question... "I guess we leave them here." I saw 'Steslza's face turn to one of horror and despair... As much as I could relate to what they were going through I was tired with them... All they had done in four wozura was cry and have temper tantrums...

I was dreading the visit of the Argon secret service... I had expected them to arrive sooner but obviously those espionage movies had been a bit liberal about their effectiveness... they arrived during breakfast three of them dressed in their smart black jump-suits "Special Agent Folkener you WILL all come with me..." I looked up from my Wheaty chunks... I saw the look of disgust in the brash young agents eye... who was he to dare consider himself superior to me... here in my mothers house!!! he knows nothing about me... "This is not a request!" he pulled me out of the chair... he had no notion of what I could do to him... "dam ugly hy..." I didn't let him finish insulting me... In a single swift movement pulled away from him wrenching his arm from its socket, breaking his forearm in several places... I saw the two agents that had complained him reaching for their service weapons... as the agent nearest me swung his weapon towards me, I saw my hand snatch it from him... I quickly thwacked him over the head with it before turning it on the last agent. "So why are you here?" The lone agent looked at his two downed partners... then at the blaster I was holding... then at my lips... he wisely drops his gun... "The Argon secret service respectfully expresses a wish to make contact with you, so that you may be debriefed" If his jumpsuit had been any tighter this could have been a scene from an erotic movie... "Sit down, have some breakfast".

The moment that Special Agent Folkener had let out a scream my mother had rushed with her elite bodyguards out onto the balcony just in time to see me dispatching the second agent... "Are you all right??? Did they hurt you???" she nursed the little scratch on my arm as if it was life or death... I kissed her cheek "I'm fine... really" she softly brushed her fingers through my hair... "I'm impressed where did you learn to defend yourself like that?" I blushed... Agent Page was very cute... his jump suit made him look very sexy... I slowly pushed that to the back of my mind... I found myself leaning slightly to get a better look at... mmmm yes... Wait! I need to answer the question!!! "Paranid schooling" "Maybe we should go with the man to this meeting..." I could hear in her voice that she knew I liked him.

The Argon secret service had gone to a lot of trouble to try and intimidate us... but they had not expected to receive a senatorial motorcade... or the threatening sight of heavily armed bureau agents that accompanied us to the head of the entire argon intelligence service... A short bearded man stands by the window trying to seem like he hadn't known that we were coming... "Ah madam senator it's an hon..." "Why did you try and arrest my daughter?" "errr... I" "Did you think that I wouldn't find out?? "Let me explain... I..." my mother picks up the little name plaque "Everything you take for granted here is all subject to my whim... I can give..." the plaque hit the bottom of the waste bin... "Or I can take away..." the man took a few breaths... "I apologise for this grievous mistake I assure you that if I had known..." mother sits down in his chair and puts her feet up on the desk knocking its remaining content onto the floor... "So now that we are here..." the man coughs "yes of course! we need to ask your daughter, Tikirin, if she learnt anything about a new race called the Khaak?" I thought back to all those intelligence reports I had access to, I hadn't even looked at any of them... "No... there was nothing about Khaak only the civil war." trying my best to sound assertive "Oh..." The man was at a complete loss. "Well if there's nothing else then we will be leaving" Err.. well we were hoping that maybe your daughter might like to help us..." "Send the paperwork over to my office in the morning..." My mother smiled at me as we sat back in the transporter "The man was a lousy captain..." "Who was that?!?" she waved dismissively "Oh... no one important..."

That night Chi'zaia and my mother had their first chat... It never dawned on me that my mother would be quite so fluent in Split. I could only sit there in awe at the speed of the conversation... From the shocked expression on my mothers face I could tell that Chi'zaia was shattering any conceptions of innocence my mother had about me... With the morning came a mission briefing... I was to go undercover to expose a terrorist group in the hopes of finding some link to Sektor 21. My mother begged me not to go... but I felt that I needed to do it... Page would be there... and I wanted to see him again... Everything was extremely speedy... I was taken directly off world via a shuttle... Atmospheric travel is strictly monitored... Off worlder's are generally restricted to a small area around the spaceport but Three Worlds is a tourist destination and so are incredibly protective of their atmosphere... Orbital Defence stations will vaporise any and all unauthorised attempts to reach the surface. This has caused a bottleneck between the planet and the stations above, but a necessary one... space borne populations are subjected to a number of viral and physical dangers and vice versa that if released upon a planets population??? The space port scans every one that enters and leaves the planet... the quarantine process has probably saved billions of live... The clouds cleared and space began to peak through the cockpit window... The little ship swerved to docked with a huge argon carrier ship... Never had I seen a ship fly itself... but there is a first time for everything!!!

Page smiled as I stepped out onto the main concourse "Hello you!" He seemed genuinely glad to see me, I smiled at him trying not to blush. "So what am I doing here..." his expression softened... "Well we need a split weapons dealer who can handle herself... and there's only one woman that comes to mind" "And???" he laughed... "there's no and... this is a simple mission no real risk at all really"

Page piloted the Scorpion to Aladna Hill the sector was rough for an argon sector... The stations were dirty and dangerous looking as if maintenance was not important... We docked with the small trading station our point of entry into the dirty world of the Aladna Cartels... As we entered the bar the smell of spaceweed was obvious... A nod to the bar tender and we had a private room... On second thoughts Chi'zaia was probably more able to represent a split weapons dealer but I was here now...

They found us remarkably easily... In my best split accent I croaked out single syllable words... I didn't feel very convincing but the deal was somehow done... We reached our guest quarters... They were minimally furnished but quite comfortable considering... I flung myself onto the bed and let myself relax... It had been a very long day... The terrorists had interrogated us vigorously... Page went into his bag to get a bottle of space fuel, I pulled myself up catching a glimpse of his expression... it was the same one as in the bar... not anger or disgust but something warm... I summoned up the courage and said it... "Do you find me attractive???" His expression changed "I'm so sorry... It must be so trying for you... having all those men staring at you all day long... I guess the last thing you want is to come back here and have me... you know staring" I was shocked... he liked me... I awoke the next day... My hangover was something fierce... I leaned over and kissed him... "hey... how are you this morning" I smiled "fine"... his hands caressed my body... I had fallen for him completely...

It was the wozura of the transfer... I woke up feeling woozy... Page and I had become close... the wozuras' had past so quickly... my stomach growled, something I had eaten last night did not agree with me... but I insisted I was fine to complete the mission... We arrived at the restaurant... Suddenly I felt my stomach turning inside out... I rushed into the toilet... Maybe it would have been better for me to stay in our quarters to recuperate... Page stood by the door... shouting angrily for me to get out before they walked... but my body was in no hurry to expel whatever had irritated it... In that moment the mission was over for me...

More soon...

MrFrog
x3

Post by MrFrog » Sun, 25. Jul 04, 23:48

Another good read. Looking forward to the next episode already.

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 02:43

Just you wait and see. :cry:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 02:50

Good read. Looks like she simply cannot stay in a safe spot for long. Always out to get into new trouble :D Well, maybe her excurse to the toilet saved their lives. :roll:

Looking forward to the next installment.

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 06:07

It's good. Looking forward to the next bit...
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

vader146

Post by vader146 » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 23:28

Just realized I read but never replied.
Anyway good read, keeping the action up nicely and looking forward to the next part :D

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 23:42

The next part could be a little... hmmm... How can I describe it... 'Heavy' for some of my casual readers... but don't worry it'll be a one off...

The next part will cut very close to the bone for me... But I'm not writing it for pity or for understanding... It's something I've shoved under the carpet for far too long... It's time that in some small part I face it...

Next episode... Facing Fears...

Facing History... Facing facts... Facing Dreams... Facing My feelings...

vader146

Post by vader146 » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 23:57

Thats fine by me...tell you the truth I've never been a big one for action, I preffer conspiracy, facing emotional conflicts, that sort of thing.

xxl_and

Post by xxl_and » Tue, 31. Aug 04, 13:23

I'm waiting for the 11th chapter, keep up the good work!

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Tue, 21. Sep 04, 01:58

Ok... It's coming... Soon...

Return to “Creative Universe”