script-XaiCorp Adv.Combat Project Ver. 3.12m update 04-02-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Carl Sumner
x4

script-XaiCorp Adv.Combat Project Ver. 3.12m update 04-02-05

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 10:08

I have released a (slightly) new version of the Advanced AI Project. It has the files from revision j and k put in one zip and with a couple of minor edits of unused definitions to avoid conflict reports.
The old link to Kailric's site is gone now. We have posted a new copy on matthewfarmery's site here:
matthewfarmery.X2downloads
The file is "Xai AI project version 3.12m beta.zip".

It is also available on X2Source:
Xai AI project version 3.12m

Carl Sumner (Tinker) :)
------------------------------------------

Hello all you people. I am takeing an extended vacation and at this moment don't know if or when I will be back to the scripting scene. Its been a really great and fun ride. But the Xai AI will continue on as I have asked Carl Sumner to take the project over and he has agreed. I don't know how long the links on this thread will be good but they will soon not work, but Carl will provide links from elsewhere. I will still be around checking the forums and messages from time to time but thats about it. Thanks for all the imput you guys have given on this project. You guys are great! Cya on the other side of the void!

New things and bug fixes....

update 3.12k
This update fixes some problems people had with weapons appearing when there where no weapons before. Just copy the two files to you /script directory and your set. Update k will also stop enemy ships that have extra tunnings from looseing those tunnings.
Full Version 3.12i wrote: 3.12i

This version only corrects the German text file that was causeing errors such as the Access Code not being shown. Thanks to bugatti for helping fix this bug...

3.12h
-added a better compatibility script for the new signed Patrol Scripts, its in the "edited script for new signed Patrol script" folder
-added some German text to the language file and readme

3.12e
-Fixed a few more bugs
-added support for the new signed Patrol scripts by Burianek:
-to install the supported script copy the script from the "edited script for new signed Patrol script" folder into your /scripts directory. You may want to make a copy of the original incase you want to uninstall the Xai AI later.
-The Xai Reports will now tell if the ship is on Patrol and what sectors it is patrolling
-while in formation ships want break to attack until 3500m from target

New to this version are the following changes:

-the Booster command toggle is no longer available but is now controlled also by the AI command control option
-Thanks to [dPM]HeMan for his hard work with the Engine tunning Kit and for ticaki for getting it ready to sign and a thanks to francium de neobie for his scripts used by this project
-When transfering AI, the ship that transfers the AI no longer has its AI data erased..instead the AI is virtually swapped..example: this way you can put your level 5 AI in a Argon Buster and have the Argon Buster put its level 8 AI in an Argon Nova
-a few bugs dealing with swapping and collecting AI have been fixed
- A new skill has been added at level 5...Stay Focused. If a worst threat is detected this target will become the main focus and this pilot will not change targets if attacked by another ship. Example: As before if the worst threat was a Khaak M3 and a khaak M5 attacked the ship soon after, the ship would change targets to the Khaak M5..bad move... now it will remain focused on the Khaak M3 instead ignoring all attacks and taunts by other ships
- some new scripts added to the "setup AI skill scripts" for use by users of the previous versions, intructions are in that folder

End of report.....

Other links.....
Link to the Old X2 1.3 version 1.57a

Burianek's Laser - Economy Rebalance v1.0

Short cut to the Jump.Start.TS plugin thread
Short cut to a remove ware from factory script
Short cut to the Spawn Ship Commands
Short cut to the Colored Names Software

Link to the "real pilots" thread...
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 109#773109
(no longer supported)

Please post any bugs you find!!

Note: there is no difficulty folders in the newest version as of yet...that is still in the works :)

Version 3.0a
Fixed a bug with the Report Target command not working...

Version 3.0 is now available. This version replaces the Xai Combat AI software with the Fight Commands MrkI and MrkII. This change is made to minimize the amount of conflicts that will arrise do to the number of new scripts being signed.

2.0b Beta

Found a few bugs and fixed them, mainly the bug that caused ships to spawn missiles at random.
Found a bug that wouldn't let Squash mines explode..fixed.

This is the post Egosoft 1.4 update version

Warning: this version alters the speed and weapon load outs of most ships in the game and once saved there is no way to change it back as of yet...so use caution and make back ups.

A few things to note that are changed is the Subspace scanner is now called the Stat scanner and its function is covered in the readme.
Also Enemy ships are better equiped and will have weapons like Mass Drivers and Psgs slightly more often. Some ships are also equiped with the new Mk1 Engine Booster and will use them if in grave danger.

All Ships will recieve thier new weapons and skills at the start of a new game or loaded game so there may be a short delay while this takes place but once you save there want be a delay. Also ships will recieve their new skills and weapons once they respawn so all onboard ship equipment can be discovered with a Frieght Scanner.

A new enemy tactic is also added in this update and is in testing for game balance. Some of the more advanced ships will have Squash mines aboard. These ships will deploy these mines if they are close to being destoyed and you will recieve a warning. These mines are not like normal Squash mines in that they don't appear on radar and they have friend or foe reconition and will not explode if a friendly is within damage distance. The common tactic is to deploy these mines and then use Mk1 Engine Boost to excellerate to a safe distance and let the mines explode damageing the enemy.

The Ion Command now displays weither it is on or off.

There may also be some other changes of note and I will be updateing this readme........
Last edited by Carl Sumner on Fri, 26. Aug 05, 21:47, edited 49 times in total.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

D_Zorro
x3tc

Re: script-Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0 Beta

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 10:18

Kailric wrote:Download: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0 Beta

2.0 Beta
This is the post Egosoft 1.4 update version

Warning: this version alters the speed and weapon load outs of most ships in the game and once saved there is no way to change it back as of yet...so use caution and make back ups.

A few things to note that are changed is the Subspace scanner is now called the Stat scanner and its function is covered in the readme.
Also Enemy ships are better equiped and will have weapons like Mass Drivers and Psgs slightly more often. Some ships are also equiped with the new Mk1 Engine Booster and will use them if in grave danger.

All Ships will recieve thier new weapons and skills at the start of a new game or loaded game so there may be a short delay while this takes place but once you save there want be a delay. Also ships will recieve their new skills and weapons once they respawn so all onboard ship equipment can be discovered with a Frieght Scanner.

A new enemy tactic is also added in this update and is in testing for game balance. Some of the more advanced ships will have Squash mines aboard. These ships will deploy these mines if they are close to being destoyed and you will recieve a warning. These mines are not like normal Squash mines in that they don't appear on radar and they have friend or foe reconition and will not explode if a friendly is within damage distance. The common tactic is to deploy these mines and then use Mk1 Engine Boost to excellerate to a safe distance and let the mines explode damageing the enemy.

The Ion Command now displays weither it is on or off.

There may also be some other changes of note and I will be updateing this readme........
Good job there kailrick, your gonna kill us now, with the new AI advanced. :twisted:

Will try it out, and report back if i find anything.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 11:49

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!

The update that I have been knawing my legs off for

Just downloaded it, so I will test it and report anything I find

Keep up the very good work
=

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 20:12

Download: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0a Beta

2.0a

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 20:57

Kailric wrote:Download: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0a Beta

2.0a

Found a new bug. But i think it's somewhat related to marklavertys formations script too. After asighning a wingleader and a few wingen i told them to attack all enemys. Then when the leader finished detroying his target he selected an new target but then it's speed went back to zero, although he says attacking orrinoco. :? Then when i tell it to attack all enemys again he goes after the orrinoco then loses his speed all over again. And could you tone done the Advanced AI a bit too ?? I can't even should the Xenon no more. Those M5 are so fast now that i can't even turn fast enough to even hit it no more. And i also noticed because i have to turn much quicker now, i crash easier against my own wingmen too. They constantly bump against my ship now because where all trying to kill the same enemys now. :D But other then that great script kailrick.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 22:04

D_Zorro wrote:
Kailric wrote:Download: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 2.0a Beta

2.0a

Found a new bug. But i think it's somewhat related to marklavertys formations script too. After asighning a wingleader and a few wingen i told them to attack all enemys. Then when the leader finished detroying his target he selected an new target but then it's speed went back to zero, although he says attacking orrinoco. :? Then when i tell it to attack all enemys again he goes after the orrinoco then loses his speed all over again. And could you tone done the Advanced AI a bit too ?? I can't even should the Xenon no more. Those M5 are so fast now that i can't even turn fast enough to even hit it no more. And i also noticed because i have to turn much quicker now, i crash easier against my own wingmen too. They constantly bump against my ship now because where all trying to kill the same enemys now. :D But other then that great script kailrick.

DZorro,
Yeah, marks fromations are not compatible with the new version yet. Are the ships going faster than the max?? Cause they should be about the same as before only this time I add upgrades for the rudder..that might be makeing the difference. But check to make sure none of the ships you battle have exceeded the max engine tune limit. You may have to order your ships to attack nearest enemy instead of same target?? But I will check into it all...thanks for the feedback!

Hubi111
x2

Post by Hubi111 » Sun, 1. Aug 04, 10:39

Hi Kailric, thanks for the 1.4-version of ACP, yippieh!

But: after installing the script i just started a new game (mod-universe X2) and reinit script caches (the command from the editor, right?), but the ACP-software didn't show in the equipment docks. Only after running the script init.acp.commands (or similar) the software was there - when this is a bug, maybe you should alter your install-readme (because noobs like me become confused).

Was i doing right this way? (by the way, i'm running german version 1.4)

Hubi111
x2

Post by Hubi111 » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 09:44

Hi Kailric, thanks for the 1.4-version of ACP, yippieh!

But: after installing the script i just started a new game (mod-universe X2) and reinit script caches (the command from the editor, right?), but the ACP-software didn't show in the equipment docks. Only after running the script init.acp.commands (or similar) the software was there - when this is a bug, maybe you should alter your install-readme (because noobs like me become confused).

Was i doing right this way? (by the way, i'm running german version 1.4)
i think i found the problem with the ACP-Software; it seems like the ACP uses the same slot (of the stations) like the official SDS-script (which i'm running too). after deleting the SDS-script, the ACP is shown properly and everything looks ok.
Maybe this ist only a problem of the german version, but i would be very happy, if you could fix this (if possible) - thank you very much in advance.

if you need/want a translation into german, you can send me the text in english and i will do a try (as good as i can). my email: hubert.rusch@freesurf.ch

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 3. Aug 04, 22:36

I am getting ready to realeas the next version of the Xai combat AI. In this next version there will be no Xai Advanced Combat AI software to install but the ships will need to have Fight Software Commands MrkI and MrkII in order to gain skill. I am doing this because of all the new scripts that are comeing out and all the conflicts that its gonna cause....stayed tuned...

Eldorado
x2

Post by Eldorado » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 14:59

Where are the nice colores in the description? :rant:

But great work :D
Eines ihrer Schiffe wird angegriffen...<<TRANTOR>>!!

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 22:24

Eldorado wrote:Where are the nice colores in the description? :rant:

But great work :D
You mean in the first post? It takes time to make colors :) Time is what I don't have as much of as of late but maybe I will get around to it :)

hangar18
x3

Post by hangar18 » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 23:18

Found 2 bugs

1. My m5 harrier "centaur refueller" keeps mysteriously gaining wasp and mosquito missiles. When I dock with stations I seem to get about 5-6 of these missile types randomly.

2. I randomly get the "warning music" when there are no enemy ships within cooey of me.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 00:08

hangar18 wrote:Found 2 bugs

1. My m5 harrier "centaur refueller" keeps mysteriously gaining wasp and mosquito missiles. When I dock with stations I seem to get about 5-6 of these missile types randomly.

2. I randomly get the "warning music" when there are no enemy ships within cooey of me.

1. I will look into this

2. what do you mean by "warning music"??

Eldorado
x2

Post by Eldorado » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 10:53

Everytime a enemy ship is near the same music is played and he calls that music warning music...
nothing to do with your script...it's always been there but if iunderstood him right this musicis now played without any reason sometimes...
Eines ihrer Schiffe wird angegriffen...<<TRANTOR>>!!

Brent Rivienne
x3tc

Post by Brent Rivienne » Fri, 6. Aug 04, 11:25

Kailric wrote:I am getting ready to realeas the next version of the Xai combat AI. In this next version there will be no Xai Advanced Combat AI software to install but the ships will need to have Fight Software Commands MrkI and MrkII in order to gain skill. I am doing this because of all the new scripts that are comeing out and all the conflicts that its gonna cause....stayed tuned...
That's great news, one step closer to having the AI on every single ship by default, which I was personally after, I usually install those onto my wingmen straight away. I also dislike seeing scripts add additional wares when a good alternative is available :)

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 18:36

Download:Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 3.0 Beta

Version 3.0 is now available. This version replaces the Xai Combat AI software with the Fight Commands MrkI and MrkII. This change is made to minimize the amount of conflicts that will arrise do to the number of new scripts being signed.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 19:00

Kailric wrote:Download:Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project 3.0 Beta

Thanks for the update kailrick. Do you know if this version, is compatible with marks patrol scripts. ???

DZorro,

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 19:07

Mark is gonna update soon I do believe and then they will be compatable

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 11. Aug 04, 13:19

3.0a is now up for download

Hubi111
x2

Post by Hubi111 » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 17:53

a good script sometimes needs a bump ...........

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”