StarFireSoftwareIndustries CargoRunner&StationSupplier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Koderic
x2

StarFireSoftwareIndustries CargoRunner&StationSupplier

Post by Koderic » Sat, 31. Jul 04, 22:35

I am pleased to announce the Preview Release of CargoRunner and StationSupplier. This special preview will allow you to test and use these new scripts before signing.

Version 1.01: http://www.filespace.org/Koderic/StarFi ... reV101.zip

*NEW* Version 1.02: http://www.filespace.org/Koderic/StarFi ... reV102.zip

The Final Signed scripts will be available from a ‘StarFire Software Industries’ station located in Argon Prime for purchase. Please help me test and finalize these scripts by providing your observations on bugs, possible feature enhancements, and comments on this forum before I send them off to Egosoft for signing.

I’ve tested them for a week now on 40 transports managing 30 stations without any problems, so I’m 98% certain they are bug free.

These scripts, when downloaded into your transports will automatically maintain and manage resource loops of your stations.

General Features:
  • - NO CREDIT TRANSFERS with Player Owned Stations !!!
    - Automatic ware selection based on simple station selections: Simply select the Managed Station and Resource Station(s) and that’s it.
    - Fuzzy Logic Reasoning: No additional parameters needed, everything else is automatically managed and extrapolated. User is notified if improper stations are selected.
    - ‘Storage Mode’ – If the station resources are at max, transport will attempt to keep a load of resources on hand to trickle resources into station as needed.
    - Automatic assignment of home stations: Got 20 new transports? StarFire Software will automatically set the home station upon activation.
    - Automatic text logging of transport activities: Check the efficiency of your transports by checking these log files.
CargoRunner: Designed specifically for small loops requiring only one resource, i.e.: Solar Power Plants, Flower Farms, BioGas, etc.

CargoRunner Features:
  • - Debits Player Account rather than Station Account when used with stations not Player Owned: No more transferring money constantly to stations that do not make money, but provide resources to other stations.
CargoRunner Requirements: Trade Command Mk I

StationSupplier: Designed especially for medium loops require two resources. i.e.: Crystal Fab, BoFu Chemical Labs, Forges, Factories, etc.

StationSupplier Features:
  • - Maintains balance of Primary and Secondary Resources: will only pickup Secondary Resources if Primary is at good levels.
    - Pickup of Primary and Secondary Resources on same run: if needed resources aren’t critical, both resources will be acquired on same run. No more runs with partially full transports.
    - *NEW* Automatic Priority Re-assignment - If another resource becomes critcal while the transport is waiting, the transport will automatically leave to deliver needed resource or pick it up.
StationSupplier Requirements: Special Command Mk I

Stations requiring 3 or more resources can be managed using multiple transports running a combination of CargoRunner and StationSupplier.

Chip Plant Example:

Transport I: StationSupplier acquiring resources from BoFu Chemical Plant and Solar Power Plant.

Transport II: CargoRunner acquiring resources from Silicon Mine. (Or use Station Supplier to acquire from 2 mines.)

Note: StationSupplier only works with owned stations. This was to simplify finding owned stations. If enough need, I can change it to where it works like CargoRunner.

ResourceDistribitor, when released will improve loops involving mines even further.

COMING SOON:

ResourceDistributor: Commands a transport to acquire resources from up to five stations (such as ore mines) and deliver to up to five stations, using jump drive as necessary. Needed jump energy is extrapolated and picked up from resource stations which have sufficient cells on hand along the way. Transport jumps and begins its delivery run once its cargo bay is full. Only input required are resource and delivery stations to be managed.

German/Other Language versions.

- Koderic AKA Zac Starfire
Last edited by Koderic on Wed, 4. Aug 04, 11:57, edited 10 times in total.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 1. Aug 04, 18:48

Looks Great I have been looking for a script along these line's :P
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Koderic
x2

Post by Koderic » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 07:58

Thank you for trying the StarFire Software Suite, TycoonSpaceMan :) !!!

I hope it is working well for you.

I am just going to clean up some last typos and things and try submitting it to Egosoft this week. Then I’ll begin on the localization framework and translation for the next release. Resource Distributor should be released soon afterwards.

More input needed would be greatly appreciated from more people !!!

Thanks again,

Zac Starfire

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 11:22

sounds great, will try it later when Ive got some time but just wondering.
From that description it sounds like the transports will operate with the idea of charging your account for the cost of buying the goods, and then selling them for that price to your station.

Could you not have an option or change it so it costs 0? eg just takes the cargo and moves it without a charge?

Koderic
x2

Post by Koderic » Mon, 2. Aug 04, 17:06

Hi Drainy,

Thank you also for trying the StarFire Software Suite.

When this software suite is used with stations you own, it does not use any money transfers at all. The cargo is simply loaded and unloaded.

CargoRunner will purchase from other stations, but will debit (take money) from your main account only, so you don’t have to keep credits in station accounts. This is nice when you also want to see just the profit a station is making.

StationSupplier will only work with stations that you own. This was mainly because its primarily used between Base Resource Stations (like Power Cells, Argnu Beef) and Goods Stations (like Chip Plants). Or ‘Middle Of The Loop’ stations, which are usually already owned. This also makes selecting stations faster.

So to answer your question, “Could you not have an option or change it so it costs 0? eg just takes the cargo and moves it without a charge?”

It already does :) Sorry, I had forgot to put that in the features.

Doesn’t make sense to charge yourself for something you already own, does it? Exactly the reason why I started writing this software suite.

- Zac Starfire

Koderic
x2

Post by Koderic » Wed, 4. Aug 04, 11:56

New Version Available!!!

New Features:

StationRunner v1.02: Automatic Priority Re-assignment - If another resource becomes critcal while the transport is waiting, the transport will automatically leave to deliver needed resource or pick it up.

CargoRunner v1.02: Just fixed a few typos I found.

- Zac Starfire

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 21:43

well i'm glad i checked the site again even tho im on holiday, i had completely missed this.

1 Suggestion:

I've been looking for something like but for the selling side..what i mean is:

It's difficult to maximise SPP profits because you either have too few or too many transports. and finding the right number is a pain of trials.

Would it be too hard for you to implement a similar fuzzy script that uses TS/TP ships from a pool of ships to sell as many good as possible while mantaining say.. 1/2 of the stock full?

then i could just assign it to my commercially open stations, and not have to worry about checking for fill-ups on production stations or loop-crippling underruns on power plants.

..yeah..that would b AWESOME.

leo

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”