Updated AL scripts available

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Updated AL scripts available

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 23:59

A new version of the scripts used by the Artifical Life (AL) engine is now available. This version fixes minor problems that were encountered with the original scripts. All users are recommended to download this update.

The fixes are:
- captured AL ships (liners, sector patrols, task force) will now obey orders!
- passengers are removed from captured TP liners

Please note that captured ships still retain their original name until you rename them. This feature will not be changed.

You must be running 1.4 for these scripts to work. This download is available to all users and it may be mirrored or distributed freely.

Alex Korban2
x3

Post by Alex Korban2 » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:18

And on Russian versions XT there is a sense to put, will work? :?:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:27

Don't think it'll work on any version of XT

Why'd you have to remove the passengers? They were quite profitable, plus where'd they go? do you get 150+ astronauts leaving the ship?

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:30

:::Big Sigh:::

I was hoping for some feature, maybe commands for immediately captured ships...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:36

Alex Korban2 wrote:And on Russian versions XT there is a sense to put, will work? :?:
Assuming you mean X², then it will not work until the Russian 1.4 update is released. I believe this is being worked on.
moggy2 wrote:Why'd you have to remove the passengers?
Wasn't me guv. Developers move in mysterious ways.
Snokid wrote:I was hoping for some feature, maybe commands for immediately captured ships...
New types of AL activity may well be released in the form of signed scripts.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:57

moggy2 wrote:Why'd you have to remove the passengers? They were quite profitable
How are passengers profitable? I've never managed to make a penny from them. Pirate bases won't buy them as slaves, and they seem to evaporate if ejected.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 00:59

so do slaves anyhow.

that is pretty sick, specialy when the polis ask you to "drop your cargo" :roll:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 02:47

Nice one

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 09:08

What is a [SIGNED] Script anyway? How does it differ from one that isn't [SIGNED]?
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 09:45

StJude wrote:What is a [SIGNED] Script anyway? How does it differ from one that isn't [SIGNED]?
Signed scripts have a digital signature which means that the script can be loaded and run in a game where the script editor has not been enabled. Additionally, use of the script will not result in "modified" being displayed on your screen. The scripts are supported by Egosoft, if you have trouble with them.

The signature process involves testing by the dev team (including the beta test team) and a signature is an endorsement by Egosoft.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 09:57

Well i havent captured a liner yet but i have only been trying to so i can get the passengers so i can sell them as slaves. Kinda defeats the point of trying to capture them otherwise as there cheap enough to buy when uve got a few factorys up and running.

Please tell me why they have changed it and why there not capturable with slaves in its cargo bays. Its a great thing to have.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 11:36

They didn't have slaves in their cargo bays, they had passengers, which are a different ware.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 13:52

Makes you wonder why these passengers start complaining about entering Pirate Sectors and selling them to Pirates as slaves.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 19:32

Brianetta wrote:
StJude wrote:What is a [SIGNED] Script anyway? How does it differ from one that isn't [SIGNED]?
Signed scripts have a digital signature which means that the script can be loaded and run in a game where the script editor has not been enabled. Additionally, use of the script will not result in "modified" being displayed on your screen. The scripts are supported by Egosoft, if you have trouble with them.

The signature process involves testing by the dev team (including the beta test team) and a signature is an endorsement by Egosoft.
Is that why the new universe trader has two rather obvious bugs in? :lol:

Ziggy

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Fri, 13. Aug 04, 20:23

Thx again Egosoft for your tremendous support

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 00:43

Ziggy wrote:Is that why the new universe trader has two rather obvious bugs in?
Have you provided detailed feedback of these in the scripting forum to allow the developers and script signing team to resolve them?

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 08:11

CBJ wrote:
Ziggy wrote:Is that why the new universe trader has two rather obvious bugs in?
Have you provided detailed feedback of these in the scripting forum to allow the developers and script signing team to resolve them?
Provided detail feedback? The MK3 Trader script is a "signed" script, just amused me as i hear so much that they will only accept properly coded (syntax and general program logic) scripts.
I read about the AL engine update and went to my downloads page and was pleasently surprised to find a few new "signed" scripts and i thought, "Great, new signed scripts, this should be worth it ...." The quality that was promised seem to have fallen by the wayside, i wont use scripts except official ones due to "undocumented features" in other third party scripts, no offence to anyone just with so many hours put into a game i dont fancy scewing up my saved games or game etc. So the "signed" scripts seemed a great idea, more things to play with / do but no worry about the code from the scripts. Have you actually checked the new signed scripts? well ill use the one that someone named CBJ (you?) proof read, the files mentioned in the install instructions dont match the files in the zip, the "lib.ship.var.setpilotname.xml" seems to want to overwrite the one thats already in the scripts folder (which seemed to be the case with the two signed scipts i tried), the script "BPH Upgrade Kit Mk1" has still got german in, not translated properly (brought back happy memories of Gothic II, UK version), dont get me wrong, im grateful for the work people put into these scripts, and you may think im being picky but i just thought that official was another word for quality in this case.

Ziggy

PS the new AL update still doesnt fix the captured ship not doing what you want problem, i have a Titan with two MK3 unknown enemy ships, i wipe out a pirate base and am left with a sector full of missiles and wares, ask them to collect wares in sector and they collect ONLY missiles, (yes the ware size was checked, Hornets not included!) they ignore the other wares floating about so i have to use my Nova ...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 10:37

I do occasionally help with the translation and proofreading of release notes, but I'm not on the script signing team itself so, no, I haven't checked them personally.

Signing means that the scripts have been checked by experienced scripters, and tested by other players, but that does not guarantee perfection. Everyone involved is a volunteer, so if you feel you could help improve the quality then feel free to sign and NDA and offer to join the team.

Failing that, providing feedback on any problems you can find is the best way to help them achieve the level of quality you are looking for. Doing so in the scripting forum is the best way to ensure the right people see it.

Ziggy
x3tc

Post by Ziggy » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 13:35

If you are not too scared by this rules and the fact, that BurnIt and I will look critical over your scripts, send in your scripts to us.
I wasnt having a pop :D i was just under the impression they had a very tight quality control as regards the signed scripts that was all.

Ziggy

PS The two obvious bugs in the MK3? the ship rename, one ship gets ___ and the other gets the old name, that works, but the old trading ship now has a pilot named "julian" , i did check in the editor and found it to be the var for the pilot name as it was a fixed string it was applying, the second is that the special software doesnt get transfered over to the new ship the AI pilot has just come from, if its not a bug its something that needs fixing or upgrading the pilots, (jobcenter in the works?), is a real chore as you need the software to move the pilot (example, i trained my pilots in mantas , fast sector traders, then once they got to 25 upgraded them to the ship from there race, so i ended up with five different race traders flying about). The post i quoted from clearly staed this wouldnt happen, and after looking through the "new signed scripts" it just felt very unlike Egosoft QC.

thanakar
x3

Post by thanakar » Sat, 14. Aug 04, 16:26

Ziggy wrote:PS The two obvious bugs in the MK3? the ship rename, one ship gets ___ and the other gets the old name, that works, but the old trading ship now has a pilot named "julian" , i did check in the editor and found it to be the var for the pilot name as it was a fixed string it was applying,
The readme file for the MK3 Trader software states that the old ship will get the --- name, this isn't a bug, just a limitation of the script. The old trading ship SHOULD have a pilot name Julian since that was the pilot's name of the new trading ship before you switched pilots.
the second is that the special software doesnt get transfered over to the new ship the AI pilot has just come from, if its not a bug its something that needs fixing or upgrading the pilots, (jobcenter in the works?), is a real chore as you need the software to move the pilot (example, i trained my pilots in mantas , fast sector traders, then once they got to 25 upgraded them to the ship from there race, so i ended up with five different race traders flying about). The post i quoted from clearly staed this wouldnt happen, and after looking through the "new signed scripts" it just felt very unlike Egosoft QC.
The readme file stats:
The new ship, which has to be "empty", i.e. no pilot must be on board, gets the name of the old ship, all important items are transferred, and the pilot is placed into the new ship with all his experience.
Special software most not be considered important and technically it isn't needed to be a universe trader so the pilot doesn't transfer it. This isn't a problem for me at all since I always outfit my new ships with Special Software automatically.

The only bug I've encountered in the script so far is when a trader ducks into a station when under fire and suddenly doens't think it has enough energy to do anything even with it has a full cargo bay of e-cells or is sitting in a full SPP (the nojumpfuel in range problem).
Change is the only constant.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”