Request for tips

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Tue, 17. Aug 04, 17:40

i need some tips(i can't find "tips" on the site) and i have read the "try a wheat farm in wall" thing but my brother says i should have a silicon mine so i simply ask, where? :? and please give directions from argon prime.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 17. Aug 04, 17:48

Split off from the AL scripts announcement where it seemed a little out of place. ;)

Try the Ultimate Guide at the top of the forum for lots of hints and tips.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Tue, 17. Aug 04, 18:03

I don’t know how long you have been playing the game so I suggest practicing in the Argon sectors and if you need to place a silicon mine then try and find Asteroids that are made of silicon.
When there are no more games it is time for music.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:02

fchopin i know about the advice 26 yeild or over etc but where ever i find one the competition is to great i got most of my info off my bro but i can't contact him right now(private reasons so don't ask) and i know presidents end gets destroyed and replaced by a mine field plus the khaak attack ore belt so they are both off the list

ps. the khaak may not "destroy" the ore belt but still my business would be suseptible to attack

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:21

You can make a good silicon mine in Antigone Memorial. There's another good silicon roid up in 3 worlds. I think there's one in Herron's Nebula as well. I would avoid Ore Belt early in the game, its not very safe. Antigone Memorial is 2 N, 1 E of Argon Prime. Three Worlds is 2 N, 1 W. Ore Belt is 2 S.

Solar Power Plants are a better initial investment when you are starting out, you can build a very good one in Kingdom End (1 W, 3 N of Argon Prime). Set it to buy crystals for 1684, max jumps to 2, selling price 22, and assign a couple freighters to it to sell, and 1 fast one to buy crystals. Then give it 300,000 credits or so to start (or stock it with 100+ crystals) and away it goes.

Texas
x3

Post by Texas » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:31

Nice place for both mines is Elena's Fortune.

Not too dangerous as long as you don't annoy anyone!
Professionals are predictable.
It's the amateurs that are dangerous!

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:36

What xenon_pimp said.

Buy a SPP and it will make money.

Or have a look here.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23637

pilt
x3

Post by pilt » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:57

Xenon_pimp wrote
assign a couple freighters to it to sell,
I disagree only use one freighter to sell, the other will sell just after at a bad price, otherwise he had very, very good advice
Regards Miner Pilt.

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 17:59

I assume starting out he won't have top notch freighters. If he could afford a maxxed Dolphin that would be ideal. But if you use less, you won't sell out the SPP. This plan is suited to the fact he's probably got a Mercury without full upgrades and can maybe go capture a pirate ship or buy a 2nd cheap transport.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Wed, 18. Aug 04, 18:29

pilt wrote:Xenon_pimp wrote
I disagree only use one freighter to sell, the other will sell just after at a bad price, otherwise he had very, very good advice
You can use BPH and they want sell at a bad price.
But this is not for a beginner.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Fri, 20. Aug 04, 11:57

maxed out dolphin, ha!! i don't even know where to get freighters! so another thing where do i buy frieghters, i found the mine in antigone memorial but all the opposition where selling at a loss which was something i couldn't afford to do. oh is a wheat farm on the wall a good idea or a crystal fabin argon prime any good? as they are what the manual suggest.

EDIT: how long will it take a spp to pay off itself in kingdoms end?
2nd EDIT:i got one in kingdoms end i will buy a small dolphin soonish

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 20. Aug 04, 15:19

You buy freighters from either shipyards or wharfs (or the local race equivalent, e.g. Teladi sell ships from shipyards and showrooms). Which one you buy them from varies from race to race.

Incidentally, you can guarantee that if there's a shipyard in a sector there will also be a wharf, showroom or whatever there too.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 15:23

i have a s.dolphin and i am making money i am currently saving up for a m.nova so that the mine field presidents end becomes only jus marks my shields and so i am ready when khaak clusters start showing up. And kingdoms end is awesome i haven't seen one pirate ship there at all!! and a khaak cluster would get hit by a capital ship and lots of m3s!! and about 4 m2s! and atleast 7 corvettes!!!! but i will still get that nova just to be ready... just incase.....

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 16:13

89,400 cr Tip!

Go to Three Worlds, check the Alpha IRE fab. If it has maximum stock of 416, buy up the lot and sell at the local EQ dock there. Costs about 450K to buy the lot but you end up with 89,400 cr better off for about 3 minutes work.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 16:16

cool i will try that when i have enough cargo room(i may doso right now but not the 450000 credits) oh and where can i buy a large dolphin?

ps. how much cargo room do 416 ires take up?

JZ
x3

Post by JZ » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 17:14

Exact same place you buy a small one :)

Kingdom End, in the Royal Boron Dry Dock :)

(But the L has no more cargo space than the S... you just have to extend it, max is 3000, you don't wanna go that far... it'll cost you more than the ship :))
"Being Split, its not big and it certainly isn't clever."

The Zand Firm flag (X3):

Undetermined :)
---------------------------------
The Zand Firm flag (X2):

The ZFS Adam, a PSG equipt Nemesis.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 18:01

but when i check the dry dock it doesn't have any. and how much space do 416 IREs take up?

JZ
x3

Post by JZ » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 18:30

416 units x 1 volume = 416 cargo spaces so any transport is big enough... any TP is big enough lol :)

Shipyards/Docks always have a full stock of at least S configuration ships =/ try the Royal Boron Shipyard
"Being Split, its not big and it certainly isn't clever."

The Zand Firm flag (X3):

Undetermined :)
---------------------------------
The Zand Firm flag (X2):

The ZFS Adam, a PSG equipt Nemesis.

Blacktooth67
x2

Post by Blacktooth67 » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 22:20

fchopin wrote:
pilt wrote:Xenon_pimp wrote
You can use BPH and they want sell at a bad price.
But this is not for a beginner.
I respectfully disagree.

The BPH software is not very difficult to use, and I would
strongly urge anyone to take advantage of it.

I am in the process of switching my factories over to ships
using BPH. Not only am I cutting the number of ships I
need for each factory in half, but the profits are really
starting to roll in.

Almost as good as the MKIII trader.

nattuo
x2

Post by nattuo » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 17:28

i'm saving up for a m.nova then i will buy law enforcement licenses and kill pirates for extra cash.

ps. where can i buy laser towers?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”