- new lib: capture and "pilot ejector seat" -

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dPM_HeMan
x3

- new lib: capture and "pilot ejector seat" -

Post by dPM_HeMan » Sun, 22. Aug 04, 15:09

Hi

I constructed a little script: download

how it works:

Code: Select all

001 @ START $script.dummy -> call script 'lib.create.survivor' :  the victim=$new.ship  passengers ARRAY or NULL=null  Control Pilot TRUE or FALSE=[FALSE]  Capture possible=[TRUE]  chance to cap=10
note: use START $script.dummy not THIS , to avoid problems with other running scripts.

what does it do ?

- the script controls some events on the "victim"
- when "victim" is killed the pilot is rescued (ejected)
- with "passengers" you can use an Array with names as additional guys in the ship that eject(null=only Pilot)
- with "control pilot" you can control if survivors fly to next station or stay
- with "capture possible" (False, True) you can control if ship can be captured (capturing guaranteed)
- with "chance to cap" you adjust the chance for capturing, should be between 1-50 (1=instant cap)

possible prob:
- i'm not sure what happens if you use the capture thing while the ship whanted to surrender anyway ?

cu HeMan

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 00:31

Anyone try this then?
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 15:20

if you whant to try it out, just write a simple script that creates some ship and load the lib, e.g.:

Code: Select all

001   $new.ship =  create ship: type=$type owner=Argonen addto=$sector x=0 y=0 z=0
002   $new.ship -> set race logic control enabled to [FALSE]
003 @ START $script.dummy -> call script 'lib.create.survivor' :  the victim=$new.ship  passengers ARRAY or NULL=null  Control Pilot TRUE or FALSE=[TRUE]  Capture possible=[TRUE]  chance to cap=10
you can experiment with line 2 to see what happens when race control is on.
I've added a line that checks for a changed owner, so script should abort when the normal cature thing starts.
Till know i had no problem with the script, to uninstall it just delete ;)

azzzy

Post by azzzy » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 14:39

nooby to x2 kewl game want to try x3 no mula comeing in yet so i have to settle for x2 i tryed to d/l the eject pilot script/lib the link seems to be broken is thier a backup link or where i can get it?
ty for your time

Azzy :oops:

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 14:57

In the script and mod download library look at the second post, from what we can find there the majority of mods and scripts still working for X2.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 16:42

The last post here was in 2004! It's no wonder that the download doesn't work anymore. Your best bet is to contact the author themselves to see if there is another way to get the script.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 22:02

Send me your eMail address per PM. I still have a copy.

Just to make sure:
This is a library, no script. It can't be used out of the box like other scripts. You need to write a script to use this.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 22:08

I've never actually understood how to work them lol so me personally I'm out of the convo lol.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”