STC Presents: Station Upgrade Commands (UPDATED 08/30 FINAL)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Damar Stiehl
x3

STC Presents: Station Upgrade Commands (UPDATED 08/30 FINAL)

Post by Damar Stiehl » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 16:41

EDIT II: Fixed the bug with commands not showing up in console. INIT script now included. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please redownload from the link below.

EDIT: Fixed the bug with Scrap Station not depositing scrap proceeds into the player's account. Li'll logic failure, oops. Also fixed Deliver Ship Upgrade Package to this Dock command not showing up in the command slot when selected.

Other than that it should be fine. Re-download and install the new version over the old version.

Stiehl Corporation Station Command Console Upgrade
v.1.0 - August 25, 2004
Author: Damar Stiehl

---

Supported Language: English
Text File used: 446001.xml
Command Numbers used: 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123
Known Conflicts: NONE

---

Stiehl Corporation is proud to bring to you four revolutionary station upgrades.

1. AUTOMATE STATION

Sick of paying wages to living workers? Is the meatsteak cahoona smell permanently stuck to your clothes? Does your Gamma PPC forge take forever to start up because of the lousy production rate of the BoFu lab?

The answer is here. Simply execute this command from the command console on the station you wish to automate. A state-of-the-art robotic assembly line will be installed, eliminating the need for workers, and, consequently, food. Never set up a loop again! This service is available to you at the measly cost of 5 million credits.

2. INSTALL XENON TECHNOLOGY

Have you seen a Xenon Solar Power Plant in action - and lived to tell about it? Do crystal fabs consume silicon that you could use for other, more profitable ventures? Are you tired of waiting for your Energy Cell factory loops to get up to speed?

You have come to the right people. After analyzing the debris of a destroyed Xenon SPP, the Stiehl Corporation is proud to offer you genuine Terraformer technology that allows you to run a Solar Power Plant WITHOUT CRYSTALS! Imagine the pure profits you can rake in! Execute the command from your SPP's command console, and for a negligible price of 3 million credits, it will be converted to operate just like a real Xenon power plant - without consuming crystals.

3. SCRAP STATION

Is it time to let go? Did a station that you own outlive its usefulness? Or did you just "accidentally" plop it somewhere you shouldn't have?

Fear not. With our help, you won't ever have to waste valuable Hornet missiles and suffer the indignity of having to destroy your own investment. By executing this command from the station command console, you will activate station scrap protocols. State-of-the-art nanomachinery will almost instantly disassemble the station. The Stiehl Corporation will even take care of liquidating these raw materials for you - allowing you to recoup 500,000 credits of your initial investment! This command has a 60-second delay, and can be cancelled at any time prior to actual execution.

DISCLAIMER: The Stiehl Corporation realizes that unscrupulous businesspersons may resort to purchasing cheaper stations and using our liquidation process to gain money. While we realize that this is a legitimate tactic, we also feel that there are faster and easier ways to make profit.

4. DELIVER SHIP UPGRADE PACKAGE TO THIS DOCK

Own an Equipment Dock? Wish you could easily supply it with some essential upgrades without having to collect them all over the Universe? Then this service is for you. Available ONLY from the command console of Equipment Docks, this command will place an order with the Stiehl Corporation to deliver a Ship Upgrade Package to your Equipment Dock. This package will include most upgrades available in the civillized sectors, including the Best Buys and Best Selling locators, the Docking Computer and even the Transporter Device. We will stock your Dock up to maximum capacity for each of the upgrades. When you have used them all up, simply re-order!

This incredibly valuable service will cost you 4 million credits per each order.

ENJOY!

Download STC Upgrade Commands (New version as of August 28, 2004)
Last edited by Damar Stiehl on Tue, 31. Aug 04, 03:03, edited 4 times in total.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 21:05

Oi! A comment or two would be nice after 55 views! ;)

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 21:49

If you are going to submit this for signing, I reckon you should make the prices higher.

Possibly replace food with microchips for the automated ones?

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 22:25

mhm the idea is great

sadly i cant test it...

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 22:51

Actually, the prices are just right.

Automation costs you 5M. A complete food loop will cost you, let's do broad strokes here:

0.9 mil for low-end fact
0.9 mil for high-end fact
500-600K for transports (maybe)

That's 2.5M at most - or you could automate your fact for 5M. Still want to automate that crystal fab? Are you out of your MIND? For the same price you could have TWO loops and it'll work just as well. Automating a GPPC fact on the other hand... THAT makes sense. And it'll cost you a verrry pretty penny.

Xenon Tech costs you 3M. That's about on a par with setting up a food&crystal loop. Didn't want it to be ABSOLUTELY unprofitable...

Scrap Station... only mines (IIRC) cost under 500000 Cr. So yes, if you want to buy a bunch of mines, stick them on roids and then dispose of them for profit, go ahead. I say you could make more money actually USING those mines. In any other scenario, you will just about recoup your losses when disposing of a station.

Upgrade package... Costs 4M, delivers FINITE amounts of upgrades. Your dock can ONLY hold 2 jumpdrives and transporter devices, didja know that? But at least you don't have to hunt all over the place for Triplex Scanners and such. Plus you have to own an equipment dock for this command to work. Go figure.

It's all priced JUUSST right.

As far as signing goes, I don't give a rat's ass about that. My crap will never get signed. Hell, Xai Corp's scripts are STILL not signed... that's borderline insulting, and I'm not even WITH Xai Corp...

uiuiuiui
x2

Post by uiuiuiui » Fri, 27. Aug 04, 10:22

mhm question!

do you think that i could use this script in my german version of the game, when i just rename the text file?

the prospect of not needing so much station is just to good to pass up :)

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Fri, 27. Aug 04, 10:27

sounds cool - will give it a go

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Fri, 27. Aug 04, 14:14

If you want, you can translate the 446001.xml into German, and send it to me and I'll be more than happy to release a bilingual version.

You're also more than welcome to use it for your game as you see fit. You should be able to get away with renaming the file.

StevesX2
xr

Post by StevesX2 » Fri, 27. Aug 04, 23:48

Sounds great :D

Trying it now
Braben - 30 years of faith lost. Enjoy my money

StevesX2
xr

Post by StevesX2 » Sat, 28. Aug 04, 00:02

I want to upgrade one of my SPP's but the command isn't appearing on the console list.

Do I just wait a while or run it directly from the script editor?

Thanks
Braben - 30 years of faith lost. Enjoy my money

SGWB
x3

Post by SGWB » Sat, 28. Aug 04, 05:19

I'm having a similar problem. I can't find the commands in any of my ship or station command menus. However, I have had some success by running the scripts directly from the script editor. The station automation and Xenon technology upgrades seem to work correctly. Scrapping a station does not. It will blow up a station for me, but it never transfers the 500,000 credits to my account. (It's still usefull for getting rid of some mistakes.) I do not have an equipment dock yet, so I haven't tried the fourth script.

There is one possible script conflict in my game. Xai Corp's Fleet Support Ship Software version 1.2 also uses commands numbered 1120, 1121, and 1122. I don't know much about scripting, though, so I'm not saying this definately is the problem.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 00:04

Xai Corp's script shouldn't get in the way... they don't have anything associated with the stations, and the t id's 1120, 1121 and 1122 they are modifying are on a different page.

I will investigate...

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 05:35

Investigated. Fixed the logic bug with Scrap Station not giving you the proceeds. Also fixed a potential bug with the Equipment Dock command.

Not sure exactly why the commands are not appearing. They should show up in the Station Command Console ONLY. There is no conflict with Xai Corporation software, or any other mod listed on Xai Corp site. To my knowledge, Station Commands 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123 are NOT used by any other mod. But if you have problems, I suggest checking whether another mod DOES use them, but the mod isn't listed on the Xai Corp site.

And naturally you need to be patched to 1.4 for the thing to work...

Re-download from the link in the first post please.

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Sun, 29. Aug 04, 13:50

Sounds pretty cool might have to try it.

Kvaren
x2

Post by Kvaren » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 01:40

As above, I cannot get the commands to appear under the station command console. The scripts work fine when run from the editor.

rubberman
x4

Post by rubberman » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 03:03

Will try this as soon as i'm off these 12hr night shifts, Work is getting in the way of some serious playing time. :evil:

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 13:49

Well, this is odd.

I have uninstalled the script, and reinstalled it, and the commands correctly disappeared and reappeared from my station consoles.

To people who CANNOT get the commands to show up: What exactly DO you see in the Station Command Console? Let me know please.

Also, if anyone has successfully installed and is using the NEW VERSION of the mod (available from the link in the first post in this thread), please sound off.

Kvaren
x2

Post by Kvaren » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 15:04

I have two commands in my factory command console:

The 1.4 Auto Money Transfer
Xai Corps' Find Factory Orders

I can execute your commands (newest version) via the script editor, but they do not appear in the console.

Thanks for looking into this. Your mod idea is a good one. I'd happily chunk down the cash to get some of my SPPs to stop flashing yellow. Damn crystal shortage...

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Mon, 30. Aug 04, 20:51

Found the problem.

It's not the script.

It's not the user.

IT'S THE CREATOR (ME!!!).

I forgot to include the Init script in the archive. Will have a new version up tonight.

I am very, very sorry... :(

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Tue, 31. Aug 04, 03:04

Problem fixed!

This should be the last one.

Please re-download the mod from the first post.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”