Download RAiders Ship mod V 8.1 here ***UPDATED 9-11***

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowTek
x2

Download RAiders Ship mod V 8.1 here ***UPDATED 9-11***

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 00:21

***UPDATED***
4 versions:

Packed version
New ships AND lasers rebalance and more...

Unpacked version
New ships AND lasers rebalance and more...

Packed version
New Ships Only

Unpacked version
New Ships Only

PS If you have any questions RAider posts as RA on my forums (He cant post here)

Hi Click Here to go to my forums to download RAider's latest version of his ship mod, he has fixed quite a bit including the Novas rear turret.

Its in the X2 section (duh)

You will have to join the forums but there is no e-mail confermation for ease/speed of use. :P
Last edited by ShadowTek on Sun, 12. Sep 04, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

Hawk_strike
x2

Post by Hawk_strike » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 02:14

Cool beans!

i hope this works, i tried to install it before and it just messed up my game big time (had to re-install)
I can picture a world without war, disease........ lawyers............ i can also picture us attacking that world, because theyd never expect it.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 02:27

I hope so too! Thanks for supporting my site :D

Hawk_strike
x2

Post by Hawk_strike » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 02:34

hehehe dont worry, just another place to post my Anti- Bush(w00t) and American Goverment(partly)Slander.

Finally a mod thats willing to discuss the issue as a world issue and not one for the US, it really annoys me that a nation has enough nukes to destroy the WORLD three times over and yet doenst allow foriegn criticism

But thats going incredibly offtopic.

Ill check if this works then get back to you, some of these Mods just dont seem to work on GB 1.4
I can picture a world without war, disease........ lawyers............ i can also picture us attacking that world, because theyd never expect it.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 02:47

Hehe, yeah I like to talk about all issues, though Im from the US, I am opjective, theres allot I agree with, and allot I dont, HOWEVER, I am a Bush supporter :doh: But I wont piss off egosoft and get into that here :wink: (see you at the forums)

feel free to post your mods and thanks for joining :D
(and your anti-bush feelings)

Bomarck
x2

Post by Bomarck » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 08:46

ok i get the .rar file and it ends up in notepad form what did i do wrong and what do i do to get the file working :?

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 15:34

Hmm, not sure what you mean? I just re-downloaded both versions from my site and checked out the contents and all was as it sould be, try re-downloading.

Bomarck
x2

Post by Bomarck » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 16:46

how do i get it from .rar form to .zip form or is there a way of makeing .rar work. In other words how did you get it to work

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 19:43

Bomarck, use WinRAR or WinACE as zipping programs. You can get both of them for free and both are able to handle .rar files. Just google for WinRAR or WinACE, as I can't remeber the URLs atm.

EDIT: Does this mod work with the German Version of X2?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 19:53

its a great mod but unfortunately seems a bit buggy works fine on mine until I attempt to use command console on the modded vessels then I get total pc reset or ctd neither of which happened before this mod :( , its a pity as I like the new Galaxy class and the Avrora and the new Nova but nevermind you can't have everything, if this mod gets updated I shall try it again but for now its uninstall and go back to normal game :cry: also when you press F2 to look at your ship from outside the modded Vessel's look like they are miles away :?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Bomarck
x2

Post by Bomarck » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 20:40

k thanks ill try that :D

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 20:55

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:its a great mod but unfortunately seems a bit buggy works fine on mine until I attempt to use command console on the modded vessels then I get total pc reset or ctd neither of which happened before this mod :( , its a pity as I like the new Galaxy class and the Avrora and the new Nova but nevermind you can't have everything, if this mod gets updated I shall try it again but for now its uninstall and go back to normal game :cry: also when you press F2 to look at your ship from outside the modded Vessel's look like they are miles away :?
Yes if you use this mod with ather mods/scripts you may have to do a bit of re-modding to get things to work.

Ill look at it in depth and see where the conflicts are and talk with RAider, If you specificly know of a conflict post it here.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 21:07

Thanks ShadowTek I await your response as like I said this mod rocks, the only scripts I am running are all of Egosoft signed ones and all of Xaicorp ones if thats any help :roll: also my game is still packed if that means anything , there were 2 versions of the mod I went for the one on your site that said Packed Version 8)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 03:49

Thanks Tycoon, now I won't be installing it, for now. I really want to see those ships in action :)

khabal
x3

Post by khabal » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 21:38

Wow, great work, ShadowTek, but I have some issues with thies mod :

1. The places where you can buy the new ships are waaay off. I mean how come you can buy at the Argon Wharf ships belonging to the Teladi and Split ? And further more, how come you can't buy the Teladi and Split Ships at the said races' dockyards where they should be ? Make all the teladi ships available only at the telady shipyards and the split ships available only and at all the split shipyards

2. Do something with the intakes (exaust pipes ?) of the Argon Avroro, they are way too big and don't look nice at all.

3. Take out the posibility to install Kyons on those ships. The kyons are an unknown weapon to the X Universe so the native ships shouldn't be able to use them them. Or make some sort of scientific device available in the Equipment Dock, that once puchased and installed on a ship, it enables that ship to use Kyons.

Once again, Great Work, but make it perfect with what I said above. Cheers !!!

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 23:51

Hi I did NOT make this mod, Raider did, He asked me to host it for him cause he has a slow connection.

Eventually Ill see about merging the mods in my Shadowtek Fagship mod 2.2 with this one when I get more free time. :)

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 01:49

Its a mint mod ive had no problems after installing. Oh and the galaxy can hold lasertower weapons...so it really is a battleship for me!

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 06:43

Mh...as I don't know how I should contact the original Mod maker, I'll ask you ShadowTek. Could you forward this to Raider?

Would it be possible to add language files fr the other languages as well? It's no problem if it's the English one, but some file should be in there.
I added a German language file myself by unpacking, re-naming the 44****.pck/.xml and re-packing the mod, but I think not every German/French/whatever would like to do that by himself, methinks.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 00:07

Hi, he reads my forums Here he cant get into this forum due to needing a ticky, if you post in his thread at my site Im sure hell answer you (or contact me via e-mail with what he wants)

BTW theres 4 versions of his mod, one packed, one unpacked, and same as previous but with all the other modifications (like laser adjustments) etc.
This weekend Ill post the 4 different versions as I dont have time now (work and all)

Also I'll ask him about merging our mods together, also with some of the other "New Ship" mods out there for maximum variatey, It'll be a seperate mod for those that dont want all the new ships, not sure how long it'll take yet either but It'll be cool when its done.

Ill build/merge from scratch cause its hard for me to fix things if I dont build them this way (as opposed to simply meargeing all the mods "as is" as some are haveing trouble with useing these mods now with scripts, and since I didnt build them I dont know whats wrong, so its easyer to start from scratch and add as I go.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 16:21

Hi shadowtek plz tell raider the new ships are absolutly amazing i love the new argon arora, but also ive found a bug...when i loaded a game all
M1/2's in the universe only have 41% hull strength , thats my ships and AI ships, dont know if this has only happened to me and if i was suppost to start a new game or something...im not bothered though as its well worth the trek to the nearest shipyard to get repaired!!!

Thanks again for such a good mod!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”