'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.12 - New beginning...

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 29. Sep 04, 14:20

I never saw Page again... I couldn't blame him... In an instant he had become a father... then a few moments later I had ripped that from him. I lay in bed nuzzling Chi'zaia... Today would mark the second Jazura of me meeting her... Our anniversary... I looked out of the window and into the swirling shapes of the nebula. It seems that I have a knack for factory management... In the Mazuras since I finally owned my own factory five more have joined them... My little factory group are close to being self sufficient...

The plan for today was to make the trip to Trinity Sanctum and inquire about buying a station... Ordinarily we'd need to have got up early to begin such a long trip but not today... After much legal wrangling we had finally got it... I slipped out of bed and excitedly put on my clothes and went to check my office for messages... There was nothing importance... I went back to my quarters... "Good morning" Chi'zaia looked at me sleepily "Is it time to get up already?!?" I leaned over and kissed her "I'm afraid it is...". As the shower ran... fond memories danced through my head... I sat restlessly wondering if I should join her but before I had come to a decision she was out and dressed... We took my new discoverer over to the Broken Sword... We two were a like... The ship and I... suited perfectly to one another... the airlocks opened and we climbed in.

The ship had changed dramatically... I had quite forgotten the complete refit that it had undergone as intelligence from the Khaak invasion came to light... The Priest Mechanicus the most elite Paranid Techno-Smiths had come to us bringing their huge TL with them... For nine strait Tazura they worked... then as mysteriously as they had arrived they left... Systems awoke from standby as we walked towards the cockpit... the ship seemed almost alive... lights came on... doors opened... status monitors flashed on. The doors opened onto the cockpit... the pilot's seat awaited me... As I sat the chair whipped round and locked into position... the controls extended towards me... I reached out...

Four gates later we arrived at our destination... a specially adapted Equipment Dock... Terracorp HQ.... One day I would own a HQ but not today... I eased the Nemesis into the dock... the docking clamps latched on with a satisfying curchunk... The side airlock slid open... I stepped carefully through the airlock and into the access way... As we entered the embarkation chamber a young Argon woman stepped from the crowd of corporate overseers and straitened out her tight and somewhat revealing flightsuit... It was then that I realised... We were still in the cockpit... I let go of the controls... and breathed... Chi'zaia was looking at me in anxiety... "shall we go... I think they're ready for us! Sure enough they were waiting... If slightly disappointed that we weren't Paranid... The woman stepped forward "Hello I'm Saya Kho! Welcome to Terracorp HQ... If you would like to follow me we can begin the negotiations...

As we entered the pink office it was immediately obvious that I was about to meet a woman after my own heart... "CAN'T YOU DEAL WITH ANYTHING YOURSELF!!!! ... WELL TELL THEM..." We stepped into view... "Ah! Hello... You must be the Paranid representatives..." suddenly I realised who it was... Eleanor Kho... A 'Major' in the 'Earth' space fleet... A legend in her own lifetime... Chi'zaia gave me a pinch... "It's good to be here" Eleanor looked at me strangely... "I haven't heard of that drink... but I'll see if the trading station stocks it" "Oh never mind then..." In all my dream I had never expected all this... We were here to pickup a consignment of Jump drives for the Paranid Navy... Nothing was said about negotiations. The negotiations were strange to say the least... Terracorp obviously wants to trade within Paranid space... unfortunately Argon engine technology is inferior to that of the Paranid with the exception of the X Shuttle... but then that's sitting in a museum... a sad place considering the secrets it holds. As Eleanor fought with her communicator as more and more minions who seemingly lost the will to think over the course of our brief 'chat'... The money was transferred automatically from Paranid Prime and we were on our way...

I breathed a sigh of relief as we entered the airlock and the door closed... Chi'zaia lent over and kissed me, her delicate lips pressed softly against mine "You are never to get like that..." I smiled at her... despite the language barrier I felt like she'd understood every that had been said... "I mean it... she looked unhappy..." I thought of all that she had been though... Was Earth worth all that pain and misery that she endured... It must be... "Don't worry... I've trained our station managers well... and I have you..." The clamps released and we were on our way... I was about to touch the controls... "Chi'zaia do you pack any gloves???" I saw a smile come to her face "YES!!! I did..." she rushed out of the cockpit... a few moments later she appeared at the door with a seductive smile on her face... "I got these for you" she gave me a little parcel... My heart melted as I tore the shiny purple wrapping paper... "Aww how..." my jaw dropped... these were no ordinary gloves... I remembered the walk across the promenade in Family Pride... Most of the Courtesan's wore black elbow length gloves... "Why thank you... Just what I always wanted..." Chi'zaia smiled and hugged me. I reached into my flight bag.. "Well I got you something too" I handed her a little bag... I hadn't thought to gift wrap it... Maybe next sun... "EEEEEEE!!!!" she wrapped her arms around me "I love it!!!" she rushed out of the cockpit to put it on... Knowing that she was brought up to be a courtesan does help when buying and receiving presents for Chi'zaia... Alluringly she stepped into the cockpit... The blood red rime trimmed with argenu fur...

The Jump drive made our Journey to Trinity Sanctum seem like a single gate jump!!! I contacted the shipyard and requested permission to dock... the docking computer took over and we autopilot into position... As we stepped out into the shipyard a number of guards moved to surround us... "Your presence is required" I was lead off... flanked by several guards... they stopped at a large pair of intricately carved doors... The majiglit sparkled and glistened as the doors opened.

The doors closed behind me leaving the room in pitch black except for the light from the nebula beyond the window... "I hear that you've been quite the business woman since we last met... It's good to see you putting all that tutoring to practice..." a small table lamp switched on... I expected to see the familiar bulk of the queen... but there sat a rather skinny Argon looking woman... "You're surprised... I can tell! Immortality has it's price... Body snatching is one of them..." I looked at the woman... "And that other body?" "A willing shell... Only those of feminine disposition among the Paranid can sustain us... in exchange we give them focus... and yes occasionally lay eggs..." I touched her... she felt real... Argon... "How???" she didn't answer... hesitantly she pulled herself up but then plunged back down into the seat... "Sorry not yet got the hang of this body... " I softly helped her up... "So where did you get this body???" "Oh a pirate who won't be needing it anymore... I have an important mission for you... are you willing to help???" I thought of all the times that the Paranid had helped me... "Yes of course!"

Softly I pulled her off the chair... "So what's our mission?" "I feel honoured... I've never been touched by another queen before..." where did that come from??? "You regard me like a Queen?" she gave a little laugh... "There is no other non-Paranid female closer to Xaar's heart..." "So I assume you're coming with us" I clutched her tightly as she stumbled towards the door... she let out a little gasp "Yes... Although I hoped to master this body before then... fewer limbs, less bulk... this should be easy for me..." I wiped a few stray tears from her eyes... "It's alright... You just need someone to teach you" she gave out a little laugh "Three hundred sun and I feel like a child again... you know I'm the second youngest queen in the Paranid Empire".

I wish I had a camera... Chi'zaia's face as she discovered a new and willing plaything was... for want of a better word... Priceless. I didn't need the power of telepathy to tell me what she was thinking... Our young Paranid Queen was in for a wild ride tonight... I whispered for her to be gentle. I looked down at my factory building plans and sighed... They would have to wait... Or did they... A Paranid Hercules slowly circled some distance from us. "This is Paranid Captain... Do you need assistance?" "Hi need you to set up some factories for me..." "It would be a pleasure to work for such as you... Praise Xaar! Send me a list of the factories you want to set up and some credits" I did so without hesitation... If he tried to rip me off I'm sure Thallamminus would send a fleet after him... but then a Priest Duke would know that... I turned to the queen... "So... Where are we going?" "Circle of Labour..." We were going far from the main Paranid sectors... whatever reason we were going there it obviously wasn't going to be a social call...

Part 13 soon...

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Thu, 30. Sep 04, 00:56

Wow, egg laying body snatchers. I would have been pumping rounds into that queen the moment I found out ;)

I'm as piqued as ever. Keep em coming.

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Thu, 30. Sep 04, 01:28

Very nifty. Bit confused about this "body snatching" thing, though.

Keep it comin' :D
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 13. Oct 04, 00:23

So I assume that no one actually reads anymore...

Well I've finished the next part... but as usual no one really wants to read it... so what's the use!!! I'm kind of sad as I'm already onto part 15... but then no one read it...

Some Idiot in PA
x2

Post by Some Idiot in PA » Wed, 13. Oct 04, 01:29

....I'll admit I read it. While I can't say I liked it, I can't say I disliked it either. I don't normally try this whole "constructive" criticism crap, so give me a break if it comes across as harsh:

You tend to overuse ellipses (The .... at the end of nearly every sentence (I looked that up in the dictionary to remember what they were called!)). You have the story there, just try to finish up your thoughts within each sentence. The "ellipses" that you use tend to break the flow of the story (for me at least - just remember, I'm a self-proclaimed Idiot).

I can't help but wonder if there was more you wanted to say, every time I see those ... a the end of your sentences. Try using them less, and actually finish the thought within each sentence.

Now, if anyone reads this and gets pissed at me for trying to be "constructive" ......... Go right ahead! Never bothers me.
:lol:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 14. Oct 04, 09:33

Very good read. Nice inclusion of game content :D

This chapter appears to have quite a bit more depth than the previous ones, but could just be me ;)

Looking forward to the next installment. :thumb_up:

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Wed, 20. Oct 04, 17:48

People do read it so carry on putting on them chapters
And it is ok, not the best compared to others but then again it not the worst either. It just seems hardily anyone goes on the creative universe form anymore. They probably just packed up and go on holiday :D
:lol:

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 25. Oct 04, 00:25

I'm in the middle of rejigging part 13 to include part 14 stuff... I'll release the amalgamated part 13 in a few days...

Return to “Creative Universe”