New Imperial Mission : Convoy

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

New Imperial Mission : Convoy

Post by LV » Sat, 2. Oct 04, 21:33

Mission Type : Pirate Invasion (If you fail in your mission)

This script will just tick along in the background while you go about your normal buisness there no rushing here :)

No command slots used are there should be no issue's with any other script, signed or non signed.

This is a standalone mission which i'm not going to go into any detail other than it's combat related and will test your skills ;)

I prefer peeps to find out the missions themselves

everything else is explained within the script and it takes a while before your involvement is requested.

I've tested it to death now and cant find any problems with it.

Over to you guys for beta testing ;)

Use a NEW save slot ;)

This one's taken me fekin ages to put together, I hope y'all enjoy it :)

Download Convoy 1.0 02/10/04

install instructions

manual install

the files in the "t" folder into your x2 "t" folder

the files in the "scripts" folder into your x2 scripts folder

or look here if your stuck http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44887
Last edited by LV on Mon, 23. Apr 07, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 3. Oct 04, 20:05

Updated 03/10/04

If you have dloaded ** re-install **

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Tue, 5. Oct 04, 15:35

Hi LV,

Tried your script over the last couple of days (installed new version over old, is this ok?). I have a problem i think. The first mission asks you to find and protect something(won't go into detail). I have found the thing but now what? I flew around it, shot at it, scanned it but nothing happens. what gives? Am i doing something wrong? By the way this thing has more powerfull shielding than others of the same trype, well hidden and it is the only one of this race that i have seen, so I do feel that this is it but just not sure what to do now.

Any help appreciated as after an hour of messing with it, i am pretty fed up.

Cheers

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 5. Oct 04, 16:13

Spoiler
Show
You have to find the Pirate Base (you will know it when you find it but it's well hidden) you dont have to protect it, just not destroy it

The real mission has not started yet ;)

Just carry on playing

and YES Re-Download and re-install :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Tue, 5. Oct 04, 20:17

Hi Lv,

OK, this is what i found:
Spoiler
Show
The Pirate base is Teladi in origin and has 8 X 125mw shields. Hidden very well and took a while to find.
Should i not have received some sort of notification in my message log or something to let me know that i had found it?

When you say re-install, I'm assuming that copying the new scripts and t over the old ones is enough?

Thanks for your help.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 6. Oct 04, 01:22

henchman wrote:
Should i not have received some sort of notification in my message log or something to let me know that i had found it?.
Indeed you should have/will be put into in new code
henchman wrote:
When you say re-install, I'm assuming that copying the new scripts and t over the old ones is enough?.

thats all you need to do :)

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Thu, 7. Oct 04, 10:44

Hi LV,

Got another problem with your script. After I found the station from mission one, i was waiting for the next one to appear when i received a message telling me to go to another station and make sure i had one unit of cargo space free, this happened within a couple of hours of the last mission. When i got to the mentioned sector, i found it was exactly the same mission as before just repeating itself, i never even had to dock before i got the goner girl telling me she had delivered an item to my cargo bay?! So it appears i now have 2 pirate invasions running at the same time. What do i do?

Also (i'm not a scripting expert) i noticed that within the Global Script Tasks interface that your scripts are running multiple times each, the 'plugin.impmission.convoy.null' is running at least 10 times, the others slightly less, is this normal or do i have a problem somewhere?

Any help appreciated.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 7. Oct 04, 14:23

The globan runners are not an issue, they will start high and ease off this is to enable the mission without waiting for 6 hours dont worry about it ;)

There should only be one running at a time though and the code should cater for this, i'll take a look later.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 7. Oct 04, 20:55

Download Convoy 1.01 Updated 7/10/04

If I hadnt been drinking and smoking I'd be able to state the script running more than once and also the msg when you find it is there now.

But for some unknown reason the last 2 hours of scripting are devoid from my memory other than the feeling it's done :gruebel: :twisted:

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 16:01

A little problem here. I've installed your script and so far I've got
Spoiler
Show
the message not to go into pirate sectors (yeah, right :twisted: ) and some pirate ships buildup.
However, some of these ships on the sector map are said to be Orinocos, when they actually are Novas :gruebel:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 18:55

have you never heard of transponder masking ;)

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 26. Oct 04, 19:16

Ahh, sneaky 8)

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 21:21

Spoiler
Show
damn .. I restarted the game with the script .. I only hope I'll live .. was doing the mission with Mi Ton .. and just set the autopilot to dock at the Trading station in Atreuss Clouds .. but this way the autopilot took me tru pirate-space .. got killed before I could get past the first sector .. :lol:

but just one Q. .. do these ships keep respawning .. or are they an one time spawn just for story purpose ??..

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 22:00

One question, how do I start this script? I put everything in their correct positions but when I start a new galaxy, it starts premuturly (I can go into the menus, but thats it!) If I start a new game without the script, save, then start it again with the script. Nothing new happens! Same when I start the plot!

How do I start it? :? :?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 23:11

it takes a little wile to take effect ... after some time (think about after 1/2H) you get a mess. .. than it starts ..

Spoiler
Show
when the mess. pops up .. just go and have a look in the pirate sectors

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 23:40

OOOOHHHHH! >.< I never used a script like this so I had no clue... I'll try this out later. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

emen
xr

Post by emen » Thu, 29. Nov 07, 21:09

LV wrote:Download Convoy 1.01 Updated 7/10/04
This archive is corrupted. Can any1 provide proper link for fixed version?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 17:40

emen
xr

Post by emen » Fri, 30. Nov 07, 20:29

nope, got 404

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 1. Dec 07, 10:07