Loan Software 1.0 alpha

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Loan Software 1.0 alpha

Post by LV » Wed, 6. Oct 04, 21:53

Download Banking Software

Overview

This script adds the ability to loan money at variable interest rates and is currently an alpha release.

Running :-

Simple you will be hailed to dock at the bank and the software will be installed automaticaly.

the menu will be in your *special* command menu under " Pirate Banking Software " all other help is withn the game , once you open the command just enter 0 (zero) for the help menu

There is only one command slot and the rest is handled through inputting certain numbers

1. Check Current Loan Details :- just enter 1 as the value to access this command.

2. Check current max loan : - Enter 2 to see how much you can loan.

3. Repay Loan : - Enter 3 to pay off a loan, the command will check if you have enough money in your account and pay off the loan if your cash is above the repayment.

4. Double maximum loan. : - If you enter 4 as a value and you have any stations your maximum credit will double.

Non Payment

Put simply, Is not advised ;)

Enjoy

install instructions

manual install

the files in the "t" folder into your x2 "t" folder :)

the files in the "scripts" folder into your x2 scripts folder

or look here if your stuck http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44887

This script is a beta and needs feedback over any bugs or imbalances. Fell free to do so :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

beedle
x3

Post by beedle » Thu, 7. Oct 04, 18:46

Does by any chance, a bloke in a crappy souped up bayamon come and smash your kneecaps in? or is it more of the re-possesing type of warning :)

beedle

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 7. Oct 04, 20:49

If you know me you know whats coming :)

The Empire is kind and considerate and will offer many chances of re-payment.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Sat, 9. Oct 04, 20:02

I'm thinking something along the lines of a 'Great White Smack-down Fleet' flying the jolly roger...

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Sat, 9. Oct 04, 23:30

i dont need to borrow money but might borrow a tenner and not pay it back so i can have fun with the heavys!?

marc5477
x2

Post by marc5477 » Mon, 27. Jun 05, 20:27

not sure if anyone uses this anymore but I installed it and tried to use it but the game gives me an application error and crashes to the desktop every time I try to dock at the pirate bank.

Im using x2 v1.4 so I figure that has something to do with it since this script seems rather old but I thought id post and see if anyone knows whats going on.

EDIT: I figured out the problem. It turns out that the xml file in the "t" folder was not saved in plain text format. I had to open it in a rtf compatible editor then resaved it in plain text. I replaced the old one with this new plain text file and now everything works fine.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 01:52

LV the .rar package seems to be corrupted. I tried to rebuild the .rar with no luck.

Im starting to write a bank loan script for X3, I may include the ability to loan ships. If you dont mind I would like to pinch what you have here to adapt it to X3 unless you feel up to it yourself. :)

Though I would like it to be an ALP...

edit LV
Fixed

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”