The Banshee -3.02 Update 12.2.05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Banshee Feedback

I Installed it but then uninstalled (Not my cup of tea)
4%
I'm Playing it now
21%
I have Never Installed it
56%
I tried it but took it off for bugs before V 1.06.
4%
I tried the latest 1.06 version but it caused lag
4%
Its Great
9%
Its Crap
3%

Total votes: 78

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

The Banshee -3.02 Update 12.2.05

Post by LV » Wed, 10. Nov 04, 23:56

Banshee Readme

Latest Banshee Download Version 3.02 12.2.05

-------------------------------------------
Fixes from 2.0

Constant command that banshee are friendly once demon rank is achieved - FIXED

TL Mission was a pain in the ass and paid low funds - Fixed

Unable to dock at banshee stations once high enough rank attained - Fixed (exept the Banshee HQ which allows docking but wares cannot be purchased)

Not enough mission to up your rank with the banshee - fixed ;)

help menu now comes in 2 parts, typing "help" or "help1" one will display ingame help menu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

History

The Banshee are a long lost race of peaceful traders who have returned and are

still unsure of who to trust and who to avoid. Early on you will be treated as

a foe by them and you should avoid their ships until your offered a chance to

up your rank with them.

You can go about your business and simply ignore them if you like, they will

not target you unless you have done something to deserve it.

More on this race can be found on the BBS, the only thing you need to know is

that your actions will always bring a reaction, good or bad.

Current Intelligence

Current Intelligence is very limited and at best sporadic. Some traders report that they are extremely generous in trading whilst our combat pilots report back stating feelings of mistrust. Further to this the Banshee have pretty much closed any access to the sector they first arrived in although they have stated that this is down to their fear of being attacked again. 

What we really need is a good pilot who can covertly gain intelligence on them and report it back.

Upgrade Commands

Swap Console

Typing 'swap console' into your ships interface will allow you to switch your full Banshee Interface (If Purchased/Stolen) between the chosen ships. Just target the ships it is currently installed on and the database will upgrade and link your ship up with it.

Help

Typing "help" into your ships Banshee interface will list all available commands. The menu will also show which missions and controls need additional upgrades or rank improvements.

Help1

Typing "help1" will bring up the secondary help menu

Reset

Typing "reset" into the interface will reset your ships friend/foe database to neutral for the banshee incase you get into any scrapes with them.

Hail

If your unfortunate enough to get on the wrong side of a Banshee ship you can hail the ship and for the small fee of 1000cr your transponder will call off the attack. You must remember that this command will only work when your rank is of a positive nature with the Banshee. 

To access the hail command type "hail" 

Rank

Typing "rank" will return your current Banshee rank to your logbook

Piracy

A command for true pirates. Typing "piracy" into the chosen fighters Banshee Interface will allow it to plunder a sectors trade ships without any retribution for your ship or your rank with the ships race. 

Very little is known about what this command can do as only high ranking Banshee pilots are rumored to be able to access it.

Sell Ore

Typing "sell ore" will launch the TS Class ship that is docked on your TL and will then jump and sell any ore or silicon that is stocked on the TL.

A very handy and profitable command for Mobile Mining.

Mine Silicon

Typing "mine silicon" in a ships interface that can equip Hornet Missiles will send the ship off to make light work of any Silicon asteroid in the sector your in. 

The speed of profit when run in conjunction with other commands more than pays for the Hornet Missiles that are used.

Mine Ore

As above but for Ore asteroids Typing "mine ore" will start the command.

Mine Nividium

Typing "mine nividium" returns the same results as above and is very handy if your mad enough to mine a Khaak sector.

Collect 

If you have a TL Class ship and some TS Class ships docked with ore collectors fitted this command will speed up collecting flying debris and goods by around 10x it's normal speed. 

Ships do not need a TL and will collect any ware in the sector but used in Conjunction with a TL will allow the ship to unload and carry on scavenging. 

type 'collect' 

Capture

Another command only for use by Banshee combat veterans.

Typing "capture" allows you to sit back and let your ship do all the dirty work. All you have to do is choose the target.

EMP - Electro Magnetic Pulse

A devastating device that allows your Banshee Interface to take out incoming missiles before they hit your ship. You must have energy cells installed for the command to continue running.

Typing "emp" allows this command to be run on ships without a turret.

Friend

Use this command to make enemy stations repair their relations with you. You will need a high rank for this command to run and plenty of cash.

Type "friend" to access.

Protect

****Under Final Testing****

Khaak Jump

If your mad enough this command will jump you to a random Khaak sector - Type "khaak jump"

Jump Home

You will need this command to get back again - Type "jump home"

Wingman

Marks the tagged ship as your wingman - Type "wingman"

Wingman Off

Turns it off again -Type "wingman off"

Safe Passage

Only available during missions and when your Banshee rank is high enough. This command will scramble enemy Banshee ships and make you show up as a friendly to them. 

Caution is advised as the command is slow to work and would be of no use in a major battle

Type "safe passage" when your told to do so and when your rank is high will access this command.

Hack Banshee

A command only available to Banshee Demons. No Banshee ship will ever cross your path if you have the right to access this command.

type 'hackbanshee'

Hunting Commands

If you want to set up a certain type of ship to hunt just call up the menu and input the correct code.

You can specify any ship class to hunt from M5 to M2 including TS and TP Class 

To hunt only M5 Class ships type 'hunt m5' to hunt only M2 Class ships type 'hunt M2'

Banshee Inhibitor

A device rumored to be available that will scramble a Banshee ships computer and block it from sending a signal if it's destroyed. Nothing more is known about this device at the current time. 

type 'inhibit'

Enable Missions

If your ships computer gets scrambles and no missions seem to be on offer typing 'enable missions' into the BIF will fix this problem

Docking with Banshee Stations

If your rank is at Banshee Demon you can dock at any banshee station by typing 'dock' and targeting the station. This will allow you to trade with the Banshee and as a tip its good to run the 'hackbanshee' command first just to make sure there are no ships gunning for you when you enter their sectors.

Buy Energy

This command can be run on any of your TS Class ships if they are docked on one of your TL Class ships. The ship will load energy from the TL and jump to buy as much energy at a low price as it can get. It will then jump back and stock the TL with energy. This command will also work for your transports that are working for one of your stations if you need a lot of energy in an emergency. - Jumpdrive required -

All you need to do is type 'buy energy' into the banshee interface of the TS Class ship you want to run it on.

Buy Mass Driver Ammunition

As above but the TS Class ship will jump and restock your TL with Mass Driver Ammunition

All you need to do is type 'buy mda' into the banshee interface of the TS Class ship you want to run it on.

Buy Hornets

As above but the TS Class ship will jump and restock your TL with Hornet Missiles

All you need to do is type 'buy hornets' into the banshee interface of the TS Class ship you want to run it on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prizes

The new reward system means that some missions will give you points instead of money for completion, these points can then be used to purchase equipment on offer through the Banshee Interface. if 'prizes' is typed into the interface you will be given a list of the current equipment on offer. 

There are 4 levels of prizes

Level 1 - 30 Reward Points

Typing 'reward 30' into the interface will give you the prize currently on offer for 30 points these usually consist of high level tech wares

Level 2 - 60 Reward Points 

Typing 'reward 60' into the interface will return the prize on offer - These usually consist of M6 Class ships

Level 3 - 90 Reward Points

A station will be built for you depending on what is offered in the prize menu

Type 'reward 90'

Level 4 - 200 Reward Points 

M Class Ships are the prize here 

Type 'reward 200'

You must have enough points to receive the prize and you can check by typing 'rank' into the interface.

The pirate BBS System  

When docked on a pirate station you can search for a new mission by typing "pirate bbs" 

if a mission is available and you have no current running missions you will be hailed if any with the offer. 

Here is a short list of the missions currently in the Pirate BBS Database

1. Capture a ship for the pirates and return it to them

2. Pirate Base Attack - A pirate base is being attacked and only you can save them.

3. Pirate Transports - A bunch of fueled up weed smoking pirates want you to run them around the universe in your TP for a while

4. Catch The Missile - Can you stop this pilots missile's from hitting the station after his ship is infected by a Banshee virus

5. Hunt Transports - Military Personnel are in great demand in Banshee space, Do you have the skill to find some AEGIS transports and capture and return them to the Banshee?

6. Research Stations - High ranking Banshee pilots with a lot of money may be offered the chance to buy unique stations that can be found nowhere else in the universe.

7. The Banshee Deathmatch Trials - Complete these and get more reward points than you can possibly imagine.

8. Drug Dealer - If you have the facilities to grow narcotics you'll find that there's plenty of demand for them.

9. Assist Me - Help the ship fight off its attackers.

Mission Guides

*under construction*

Race Missions

Friend or Foe

Stationmasters who get on the wrong side of the Banshee by pulling out of a trade deal may find that their assets come under risk unless the can pay the ransom or kill the terrorist before they have chance to exact revenge.

Highway Robbery

Wherever there's a profit there's a thief!

Get on the wrong side of the Banshee and you better get some good security.

R.I.P

There's a bloodlust going on and it's your blood that's wanted.

If you life is one of murder and rampage these angels of death will put you on the way to the light.

Command The Fleet

Sometimes there's on one way to deal with a problem and that's to destroy it. 

If you have a high enough combat rank you may be offered the chance to take a small fleet for some payback.

Resisting Temptation.

Pilots who stay on the right side of the law often are rewarded. On this occasion if your rich enough the rewards will open up a whole new line of trade and combat opportunities for you.

Trade-X Corporation

If you thought you were the only bigshot out there you'd be wrong. If you ever are unfortunate enough to cross swords with the Trade - X Corporation and their warped views on fairness it will be a meeting to remember.

The Priest  Dukes Of Hazard

Do you have what it takes to take the wing a wanted criminal who is hell bent on stealing the impossible. if you do remember to write a will before you leave.

Revenge is Sweet

They took your money and thought that was it. Was it?

Help a brother out

Pirates can be persecuted at any time, Unless that is your in the mood to join them and heap some payback on the 5 races

Up in smoke

Honest officer, I Looked around and saw all these pirates having a party on my ship

The funny smell and smoke is my transponder fusing. 

What's the chance of letting me off with a warning so I can drop them off somewhere, It's not as if they paid me much, Honest

These feet were made for walking

And that's just what they'll do, If a Banshee Assassin gets in range, It's the eject button for you!

Banshee Missions

Supply and demand

with the 5 races being cautious when it comes to trading with the Banshee excellent profit opportunities will arise if you have a mountain of stocks to sell. Especially if your attitude to illegal wares is liberal.

Second hand bliss

with the Banshee's goal of intergalactic peace 2nd hand combat ships are a plenty for banshee friends. the prices a lower than you can imagine and the penalty's certainly worth it.

Liberate the Mule

If your game there's money galore for veteran combat pilots capable of pulling off extreme captures.

The collection plate

If your generosity no bounds you can be pivotal in helping rebuild the banshee economy. Rank is not really an issue here just the thickness of your wallet.

Contributing to their funds allows new stations that will link their production chain and will turn them into real players in the galactic economy.

manual install

drag and drop the scripts as a couple of last minute additions did not write to the correct path.

the files in the "t" folder into your x2 "t" folder

the files in the "scripts" folder into your x2 scripts folder

Banshee 2.0 is (hopefully) a fix to the lag problems and also a pretty big update.

Imperial Respect goes out to factna, mailo and rob bert for all the help and feedback in this plugin.
Last edited by LV on Tue, 12. Jul 05, 00:46, edited 16 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 00:06

is this somethin you've done :?

either way, it sounds great, i'm really rushing my college work now.

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 00:17

Err, what exactly is this? :?

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 01:27

oh wow oh wow

Mr LV I stand in awe :)

only just met them, done a little deal with them and I *really* wish I didn't have to go to bed.

liking this a lot :) :) :)

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 02:50

from which race are they borrowing ships?
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 04:06

WOW :thumb_up: Really cool!! :D
"Giggity Giggity"

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 08:55

Which faceless **** moved this thread :x

Maybe it was cluttering up all the XI questions or the how do i dock/sell/fly my ship threads

&&***h&&*** :-- I'm sure you can translate that to it's true meaning -

1 day was all i asked.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

cynric
x2

Re: Introducing The Banshee

Post by cynric » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 11:54

LV wrote: manual install

the files in the "t" folder into your x2 "t" folder
there is no file in the t folder in the zip file, but a 445560.pck at the top of the directory structure?

xalien
x4

Re: Introducing The Banshee

Post by xalien » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 13:42

LV wrote:Rankings have been provisionally set to the following (and will be tweaked) :-

Insurgent Pest
Overachieving Loser
Waterboy
You may want to start with those, as they sound a little, err... well... hmm, what's the word I'm looking for :gruebel: ... not very cool?
Also some ranks while sound quite good, doesn't look like they belong to the race of peaceful traders :wink:

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 16:24

note: multi-reply so I'm not quoting (too difficult)

-they use lots of ships as far as I can tell, their race is set to "pirate" for friend/foe purposes.

-moving a thread without leaving your name isn't really cricket :/

-in my installation that .pck file WAS in the "t" folder... anyways, that's the one

-not got anywhere with this yet, but knowing LV I have doubts about the peaceful nature - at the very least they're peaceful but utterly paranoid.

started this up, got message about the banshee. IGNORED their advice about staying out of pirate sectors...

...nothing beats the thrill of seeing a capship in red...

rhohltjr
x3tc

Post by rhohltjr » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 21:24

frymaster wrote:note: multi-reply so I'm not quoting (too difficult)

-they use lots of ships as far as I can tell, their race is set to "pirate" for friend/foe purposes.

-not got anywhere with this yet, but knowing LV I have doubts about the peaceful nature - at the very least they're peaceful but utterly paranoid.

Do these Banshees replace any of the standard X2 races?

If so then this is a MOD and probably should belong in the Mod section. :D
And if so, how is the art work. Faces, ships....? Either way hats off to LV for his hard work over a hot steaming ... design. :wink:
Didn't we used to have the ability to block people on this forum that annoy us?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 23:49

edit : goto 10
Last edited by LV on Mon, 14. Feb 05, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 23:50

Waterboy? :P :evil:

:lol:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 09:34

Note

The banshee1.1 zip is still pointing to banshee1.0 zip !!!!!

For those having problems until it's fixed, just change 1.0 (in the browser address) to 1.1
...locating mandolin strings in the middle of Austin.

mouse_male
x2

Post by mouse_male » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 11:36

Hi everyone!
The links seem to be dead
Does anyone knows where I could find mirrors?
thankx :)
...I`ve seen the future, brother: it is murder...
Leonard Cohen

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 11:47

Read my post 2 up, then look 2-3 posts above that for news about version 1.1

You 'should' be able to get to the files, it just takes a bit of manual work.

mouse_male
x2

Post by mouse_male » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 11:50

It doesnt work
says that it doesnt exist
what do You mean by "manual work"??
Thanx
Last edited by mouse_male on Fri, 12. Nov 04, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
...I`ve seen the future, brother: it is murder...
Leonard Cohen

cynric
x2

Post by cynric » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 12:02

I get random (as far as I can tell) massive slowdowns since yesterday where I installed that script. I don't know if this is related, but to be sure is there a way to disable/uninstall the script for now?

edit: Just noticed - in the Scripts global tasks lists there are hundreds of entries plugin.imp.banshee.capst

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 17:13

Sorry, I'm being too mysterious.

I mean on the download attempt, your browser will have the address .....banshee1.0.zip (or something very similar)

You just edit the address line to say banshee1.1.zip, changing the 0 to 1.

That's the manual work you need to do. Then hit 'enter' and it should go to that page and offer the download.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 17:52

cynric wrote:I get random (as far as I can tell) massive slowdowns since yesterday where I installed that script. I don't know if this is related, but to be sure is there a way to disable/uninstall the script for now?

edit: Just noticed - in the Scripts global tasks lists there are hundreds of entries plugin.imp.banshee.capst
ive just picked this up myself, here's the offender line

$banshee.capst = get global variable: name='banshee.capst'
004   skip if $banshee.capst == null
005    return null
007   set global variable: name='banshee.capst' value=1
that code should make sure the script only ever runs once but for some reason it's not doing so, i know another way around this problem which i will upload soon

Soory guys but such is the SE and it's habit of fudgepacking you when you think all is well :evil:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”