Upgrade to Mark's Patrol and Wing scripts V2.1 02-02-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Carl Sumner
x4

Upgrade to Mark's Patrol and Wing scripts V2.1 02-02-05

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 29. Nov 04, 03:33

Mark's Patrol and Wing scripts have been upgraded and expanded to version 2.1b. :)

Patrol Sector and Multiple sector commands are in the Patrol script. Garrison and Wing Missile Attack and Assign Wingman commands are in the Wing script. The Re-arm Wing or Convoy command is in the Resupply script so it can be used by it's self.

These commands work for both large and small ships.

Note that this is Not the signed patrol script.

Marks Patrol Commands V2.1
Mark's patrol commands patrol single sectors or a list of sectors. It is similar to the signed patrol script but also allows small ships to lead a fighter wing. Scans for reports of enemies from player owned ships and stations in the sector. Restores race relations after a fight to avoid wars.

Marks Wing commands V2.1
Mark's Wing commands set a wing to garrison duty at a station or command a mass missile attack on a target. The Garrison fighter wing will scan for enemies but stay docked at the station until needed. The Assign a Wingman command gives better coordination of wingmen. Also, M5 scout fighters are assigned to missile defense. They only attack missiles aimed at the leader. This is very usefull for capital ships.

Marks Resupply commands V2.1
Mark's Resupply commands allow a leader to resupply or rearm a wing or convoy all at once. This command can also be used on following cargo ships. It pays for items bought and fixes a bug that caused upgrades to be left unavailable. Also able to load items from player stations and big ships.

• Changes to 2.1 from Version 2.0:-

* Moved the Assign Wingman command to the Mark's Wing scripts. This is so the wingman can be used separately from the patrol.

* Add code to the Re-Arm command to Check and Fix the quantity of upgrade in the dock if the buy command leaves it zero.

* Fixed a bug that could prevent the wingman from using the jumpdrive to follow the leader.

* Added a new BBS News Message about the Fight Command MkIII. (I'm not sure if this works yet)

* Changed the message on investigation to a call for help if the enemy is bigger.

* Fixed the message from wingmen on leader being killed.

* Automatically Re-start patrol and garrison scripts if the version is updated in the future.

* Moved the Resupply Fighter Wing and Fighter Wing Missile Attack to the Extra command slots so that the ship can continue the previous command afterwards. The command will not show in the status if there was a previous one running, but it still does it. This also avoids a conflict with one of the Xai scripts.

* Adjust the Pause wingman distance according to the size of the leader ship.

Changes to 2.0 from Version 1.5:-

1. Removed Garrison fighter wing, Resupply fighter wing and Fighter wing missile strike and make into new scripts.

2. Changed the Patrol Sectors commands to use a Select Sector command and then a Patrol Sector command so that any number can be used. The number is limited to 20. The sector patrol can not be stopped and restarted without having to reenter the sectors. Made a new Clear All of Sector List command in the additional command slot.

3. Used new "setup" script instead of "init".

4. Added information displays to menu.

5. Changed scripts to use the ship enemy settings instead of three inputs.

6. Validate the waypoints entered into the patrol single sector command.

7. Remove The missile defense command. M5 scouts assigned as wingman are automatically assigned to missile defense.

8. Moved the Assign Wingman command to the additional commands slot so it does not stop the patrol.

9. Patrols will move into the sector to scan before turning around to go back. The path through a sector will vary. Patrols will go back through the sectors in reverse order instead of going directly to the first sector, unless they are adjacent.

10. Added log messages at start of patrol and on errors.

11. Changed the messages to use the language files instead of imbedded strings.

12. Tested with new Xai version 3.1. If Xai AI is installed it will use it.

13. Changed the scan task to run on task 278 instead of null.

14. Added long range NTDS scan to receive alerts from your other ships and nav sats.

15. Added evasive manuvers to the Missile Defense script.

16. Added a scan capability to go to the assistance of your attacked ships and stations even if the attackers are not set as enemies.

17. The patrol ships will now restore the "enemy" settings after a fight is over, to avoid ships "going mad" and attacking all ships of a type set as friendly. Sometimes it takes a while to get over their "mad", though. The list of relations, to restore, is set when the script is started. If you need to change enemy settings remember to stop and re-start the patrol.

Note that these scripts do not have their own Level functions and depend on the lower level scripts such as "!fight.attack.object" or Xai AI script "fight.attack.laserfire" for level and skill settings.

Also, these commands do not currently charge "salary".

Patch files are included to stop the messages and to use quick scan.
Last edited by Carl Sumner on Sat, 1. Oct 05, 00:15, edited 3 times in total.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Mon, 29. Nov 04, 04:57

Thanks Carl for putting this together...will be great!
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 02:10

Note that this has been tested with the signed Basic Patrol script and does not conflict with it. It does use the same variable for the sector list so that if you change from one to the other the list is not lost.

Please leave a message here if you find any difficulties with these scripts, or have any suggestions. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

CrystalOmega
x2

Post by CrystalOmega » Wed, 15. Dec 04, 23:00

The "Clear All" command isn't showing up for me. One of my centaurs now has a big sector list containing only three sectors.

Yes, I checked the additional command menu. Yes, the centaur is equiped with fight commands MK1+2+3.

I updated from the 1.5 (I think) version. There were no update instructions, so I just canceled the commands in all my ships, deleted every marks file, and installed the three new scripts. I then ran the two "setup" scripts in the script editor.

Did I do something wrong, or not do something?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 01:42

It sounds like you did everything correctly. You don't have to run the Setup scripts, they run automatically. But it should not hurt anything. :)

The ReadMe file has some update instructions but they are about the same as what you did anyway.

Do you see the "Assign a wingman to this ship"? The Clear command should be right next to it.

Did you remove the script "init.marks.patrol.commands.xml"? If you missed this one it could interfere.

What other scripts are you running? We seem to be getting short of slots and one might be overwriting. If you know how to run the "Find files or folders" to search for a string, you could search in the "t" folder for id="1219". This is the slot for the Clear command.
Tinker

CrystalOmega
x2

Post by CrystalOmega » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 02:19

'preciate the help!

"Assign a wingman to this ship" wasn't there either. My Additional Commands menu is empty. :(

I did indeed delete "init.marks.patrol.commands.xml".

<t id="1219">, along with the "Clear list of patrol sectors" description, shows up in "440099.xml" and "490099.xml" that were installed with the rest of the script. It also shows up in "442498.xml" and "492498.xml", included with the unsigned version of Gunnery Crews... D'oh! I'm assuming that this is the problem...

Err... is there any way for me to fix this, besides uninstalling one of the scripts?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 02:30

CrystalOmega wrote:<t id="1219">, along with the "Clear list of patrol sectors" description, shows up in "440099.xml" and "490099.xml" that were installed with the rest of the script. It also shows up in "442498.xml" and "492498.xml", included with the unsigned version of Gunnery Crews... D'oh! I'm assuming that this is the problem...

Err... is there any way for me to fix this, besides uninstalling one of the scripts?
Have you tried updating the Guncrews script to the signed version and removing all of the old files? I am not sure which slots it uses though, I will check.

If you want to edit the scripts you could change the slot in the langauge file in the "t" folder and also in the setup scripts that use it. Backup the files first. Be careful to choose a slot that is not already used. :wink:

Also, if you have the Basic Patrol installed it uses the same list of sectors so you could use it's Add/Remove command. :)

Edit: The signed GunCrews script appears to use lower numbered slots so there should not be a conflict with it. :)
"Assign a wingman to this ship" wasn't there either. My Additional Commands menu is empty.
You do need the Assign Wingman command, using Protect is not as good.
Tinker

CrystalOmega
x2

Post by CrystalOmega » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 21:51

Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, the changes made to the signed version of Gunnery Crews make it unusable to me. I can't afford to run it (I'm sure you've seen lots of ranting posts around about this)...
Carl Sumner wrote:If you want to edit the scripts you could change the slot in the langauge file in the "t" folder and also in the setup scripts that use it. Backup the files first. Be careful to choose a slot that is not already used.
How might I do that, if you don't mind...

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 22:49

CrystalOmega wrote:
Carl Sumner wrote:If you want to edit the scripts you could change the slot in the langauge file in the "t" folder and also in the setup scripts that use it. Backup the files first. Be careful to choose a slot that is not already used.
How might I do that, if you don't mind...
It's too much to explain in a message. See the sticky threads at the top of the script forum and the script manual on the Egosoft download site.

Then if you have any specific questions ask in the forum. I will look for them and try to answer. :)
Tinker

CrystalOmega
x2

Post by CrystalOmega » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 22:57

Carl Sumner wrote:It's too much to explain in a message. See the sticky threads at the top of the script forum and the script manual on the Egosoft download site.
Oh... Those tutorials are a hefty sum of reading, and many of them might as well be written in Farsi, 'cause I can barely understand them.

Ok, I guess I'll just give in to "the man", pay his fees and use the signed version of Gunnery Crews.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 17. Dec 04, 00:03

CrystalOmega wrote:
Carl Sumner wrote:It's too much to explain in a message. See the sticky threads at the top of the script forum and the script manual on the Egosoft download site.
Oh... Those tutorials are a hefty sum of reading, and many of them might as well be written in Farsi, 'cause I can barely understand them.
Yea, I know the feeling. But my explanation would probably be worse. :wink:
Tinker

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 21:16

The new Mark's Patrol and Wing scripts V2.1 are released. :D

See the new links and added info in the (edited) first message in this thread. :)

Cheers,
Tinker

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 00:10

I understand that there are no more signed scripts before "The Return" - okay,
Thanks Carl - now using this one c/w XAI 3.x (latest beta).

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 5. Feb 05, 05:39

KarlHemmings wrote:I understand that there are no more signed scripts before "The Return" - okay,
Yes, it was tested with the Xai AI scripts. It actually works much better with them. :)
Tinker

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 15. Mar 05, 22:10

Carl Sumner wrote:
KarlHemmings wrote:I understand that there are no more signed scripts before "The Return" - okay,
Yes, it was tested with the Xai AI scripts. It actually works much better with them. :)
Not so sure about that Carl I have been using marks patrol and wings 2.1 for about a week I installed Xaicorp's trade commands XTC2.v.1.1 and Trade.Command.Software.MK1.v1.1a tonight and the MK1 software appears to stop Fightcommand MK3 from appearing if I reinstall FC3 the trade command MK1 stops appearing pity as I want both lol

**EDIT**

It's actually worse than I thought as Xai-Trade 1 comes with an in game uninstall option if you run it it uninstalls FCMK3 from all ships and remove's it as ware in stations :( thank god for saved games :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 16. Mar 05, 21:10

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:
Carl Sumner wrote: Yes, it was tested with the Xai AI scripts. It actually works much better with them. :)
Not so sure about that Carl I have been using marks patrol and wings 2.1 for about a week I installed Xaicorp's trade commands XTC2.v.1.1 and Trade.Command.Software.MK1.v1.1a tonight and the MK1 software appears to stop Fightcommand MK3 from appearing if I reinstall FC3 the trade command MK1 stops appearing pity as I want both lol

**EDIT**

It's actually worse than I thought as Xai-Trade 1 comes with an in game uninstall option if you run it it uninstalls FCMK3 from all ships and remove's it as ware in stations :( thank god for saved games :D
Sorry TycoonSpaceMan. I was just talking about the Xai Advanced AI Project scripts. :oops:

There is a conflict with the old Xai Corp Trade Commands, but we are running out of command slots and I could not find another that would work. I could not test with everything, there are a lot of scripts out there, so there might be others that will conflict. It is a problem. :cry:

I am working on a program to check for conflicts in your scripts. Testing is almost finished. 8)

That is one thing they do with the signed scripts, they make sure that they do not conflict with other signed scripts. :wink:
Tinker

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 16. Mar 05, 23:07

Carl not sure if this will help but Xai does appear to be working on Xai Trade Command Mk1 there is a new beta version and in addition I have posted a msg on Xai's msg boards with the same imformation I supplied here :)
Egosoft Wiki

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 07:38

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:Carl not sure if this will help but Xai does appear to be working on Xai Trade Command Mk1 there is a new beta version and in addition I have posted a msg on Xai's msg boards with the same imformation I supplied here :)
Yes, maybe we can work something out. Or maybe we can have more script command slots in "X3". (Edit)
Last edited by Carl Sumner on Fri, 18. Mar 05, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 16:23

Carl Sumner wrote:
TycoonSpaceMan wrote:Carl not sure if this will help but Xai does appear to be working on Xai Trade Command Mk1 there is a new beta version and in addition I have posted a msg on Xai's msg boards with the same imformation I supplied here :)
Yes, maybe we can work something out. Or maybe we can have more script command slots in "The Return".
Now unlikely as X2:TR has been cancelled :roll:
Egosoft Wiki

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 21:54

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:
Carl Sumner wrote: Yes, maybe we can work something out. Or maybe we can have more script command slots in "The Return".
Now unlikely as X2:TR has been cancelled :roll:
Outch! editing the above message... :cry:
Tinker

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”