NEWS: Update in the download section AEGIS Gunnery Crews

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ticaki
x3

NEWS: Update in the download section AEGIS Gunnery Crews

Post by ticaki » Sat, 11. Dec 04, 22:28

All good things come in threes, so here's the third news item this week bringing you:

The AEGIS Turret Crews

This plug-in improves the efficiency of your captial ships. Highly trained personnel will man the turrets of your ships from now on and by utilising most recent fight tactics increase their power to the max.

*edit burianek* Q&A about this plugin is taking place here in a seperate thread, per the plugin's author wishes.

Ltd.Cmdr.Data
x3tc

Post by Ltd.Cmdr.Data » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:06

/hidden off

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:08

:D

Just picked it up.....gonna go try it in a little bit.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:08

Can't download at the moment, but this will be the first thing I do when I finish my shift tonight - kudos ticaki :D

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:19

This is version 3.00 of my Hired Gunnery Crews script.

If you are upgrading from one of the earlier, unsigned versions, then you will want to download the special upgrade instructions and script. Read the instructions included in the zip file.

If you haven't used the unsigned versions of this script, then simply install and enjoy. :)
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:21

Man, i didn't even know the Basic Patrol script was there. This makes my day :)

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:36

:thumb_up: Definately a positive step for us combat vets! Cheers! :)

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:39

:o

Just read the crew payment information. To run my titan at aegis status in combat mode for a full hour is 420,000 credits. My god! How does the inactive/active status work?

Edit: ingame...Argon Prime equipment dock has something called ReadText17-5923 for i shit you not...54,228,224.
I hope this is a bug. I assume it is the aegis system, but god DAMN thats expencive.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 17:54

If no "Gunnery Crews" commands are running on any turrets, then all the crew is inactive. You pay only the basic salary, 50 credits per hour per crewperson.

As soon as one turret runs a Gunnery Crew command, all the support crew (20 for M1, 50 for M2) plus the number of crew in that turret (5 for M1, 15 for M2) go active and you pay 1500 credits per hour without AEGIS, 3000 credits per hour with per crewperson.

The minimum number of active crew is 25 for an M1, 65 for an M2.

The extra missile commands (missile defense and missile assault) require that you have the minimum number of crew on board, but they do not make those crew "active" as far as calculating costs is concerned.

Before becoming overly concerned about the costs, remember a couple things:
  • Turret scripts don't run during out-of-sector combat. It's not going to get you anything to put gunnery crews aboard ships that are primarily for out-of-sector combat. Patrol ships, etc. So, you probably won't have many ships with these commands running.
  • You can always turn them off when not needed. That's why the command is called "Action Stations". Not very many real navy ships run around at action stations all the time. And even when you are in combat, you may not need the extra capabilities of the Gunnery Crews commands all the time. There is between a 150% to 300% increase in combat efficiency of an M2 with these commands. Unless you're taking on something pretty major (like a Khaak warship), you may not need it. So, use the normal "automated" "Turret: Attack Enemies" command for normal duty, the gunnery crews commands for high action.
Anyways, if you can afford a Titan, you can afford 420k per game hour. :) That's not even the profit from 2 solar power plants.

Ex Turbo Modestum

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 18:00

What about the initial 54 million credits?

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 18:26

The AEGIS system isn't needed to take advantage of the gunnery crews. It just provides extra features. Yes, you can almost by another capital ship for that much money - but you can't fly two ships at once. The benefit of the AEGIS system is that it packs more punch into a single ship:
  • Virtual immunity to missiles - no matter how many are fired at you.
  • Up to ten times faster turret "turning"
  • Target prioritization
  • Splits fire when fighting weak ships, combines it when fighting powerful ones.
Is that worth the cost? That's up to you to decide.

Sooner or later, though, you'll reach the point where you have nothing else to spend your money on. Might as well get that last, big upgrade and see why it's so expensive. :)
Last edited by Reven on Mon, 13. Dec 04, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

Ex Turbo Modestum

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 18:29

Reven wrote:Sooner or later, though, you'll reach the point where you have nothing else to spend your money on. Might as well get that last, big upgrade and see why it's so expensive. :)
Touche.

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 18:49

Reven wrote:The AEGIS system isn't needed to take advantage of the gunnery crews. It just provides extra features. Yes, you can almost by another capital ship for that much money - but you can't fly two ships at once. The benefit of the AEGIS system is that it packs more punch into a single ship:
  • Virtual immunity to missiles - no matter how many are fired at you.
  • Up to ten times faster turret "turning"
  • Target prioritization
  • Splits fire when fighting weak ships, combines it when fighting powerful ones.
Is that worth the cost? That's up to you to decide.

Sooner or later, though, you'll reach the point where you have nothing else to spend your money on. Might as well get that last, big upgrade and see why it's so expensive. :)
:roll: Too true! :thumb_up:

That's a definate bonus, personally I want my flagship to be the 'pride' of my fleets, up to now it's been identical but if spending a rediculous amount of credits ensurs that I'm the bad boy of the block then it's well worth my investment. Besides, one on one with a Khaak Destroyer in any other race destroyer is now a little more plausible. :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 18:50

I look forward to being so wealthy as to be able to spend this kind of money on an upgrade, it adds to the longevity of the game for me :D

Pinger
x2

Post by Pinger » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:08

hmm reven minor issue with your upgrade version readme, not everyone will understand that they have to delete the files indicated by the masked name you have in the readme.
/scripts/plugin.guncrews.*
Maybe better to assume they know no DOS and name them all for deletion ;)

beefcake
x3

Post by beefcake » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:09

Where do you pick up the crew? I bought the aegis system but havent found the crew?

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:15

swin wrote:I look forward to being so wealthy as to be able to spend this kind of money on an upgrade, it adds to the longevity of the game for me :D
*cough* Universal trader/Xenon Invasion's *cough* 8)

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:17

The_Tigers_Eye wrote:
swin wrote:I look forward to being so wealthy as to be able to spend this kind of money on an upgrade, it adds to the longevity of the game for me :D
*cough* Universal trader/Xenon Invasion's *cough* 8)
You mean imaginary invasions. Ive never found one :(

beefcake
x3

Post by beefcake » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:22

I have 108 in one station, 100mill per mission... money is no object just gimme the crew :D

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Sun, 12. Dec 04, 19:46

Does anyone know how much more effective a weak dragon will be with this installed?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”