X2 Saver

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

remusofsmeg
x3

X2 Saver

Post by remusofsmeg » Tue, 11. Jan 05, 05:24

Not sure if this is the right place for this, as it's not exactly a mod.

Someone interested in evaluating a little program to increase the number of auto-saved games?

Here's the link to X2 Saver.

Just be sure to backup your saved games first, I wouldn't want you to lose anything important and blame me for it.

remusofsmeg
x3

Post by remusofsmeg » Sat, 15. Jan 05, 02:55

Humn, lots of reads, no comments.

I'm working on a new version of X2 Saver that monitors for changes in ANY saved game, not just the auto-saved ones. I'm thinking of keeping 10 backups of each saved game in a 'saves' directory.

Preliminary code has been done, I'm currently evaluating my monitoring routines.

KrashKart
x2

Post by KrashKart » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 15:44

Hey there, remus. Just grabbed a copy of your saver and will give it a try the next time I play. It does suck sometimes to travel halfway across known space for salvage insurance, and sometimes docking isn't an option (hehe, like the time I attacked a Split shipyard with a destroyer. Haha! That was sooo much fun!).

I see from the screenies there's a time interval between checks, user-definable # of saves, small window. And judging from overall uncompressed file size a small memory footprint. Worth a shot! I'll get back to you and let you know how it works.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”