SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 21:16

Version 0.2.7e1 of the Deadly Ship, Station & Galaxy Mod combined with Mauzi!'s Ship Rebalancing Mod V0.89.

Update 0.2.7e1 - The ship scene file for the Scout accidently was overlaid by the Discoverer. No restart required. If you have already have a Scout that is messed up, tell it (reomotely) to fly to another sector...that should take care of it.

Update 0.2.7e - Decided to add in a new M1...the Roger Young. Fast, lots of guns, decent hull strength...not much shielding. Added in a set of startup scripts to "police" the shipyards and equipment docks, and make sure they are present and have the correct ships loaded. This means you should be able to use save games from the older version of SSG...caveat emptor...make sure you have a good save game (or two) before upgrading against a save game.

Update 0.2.7c - Again, very minor update...no restart required. (Any new ship features for existing ships will appear after the ship goes through a jump.) A couple of small tweaks to the ships based on comments and bug reports (fixed a couple of weapon bugs, increased A-Wing energy, added lightmaps to ISD view ports, etc). The version number has also been changed to "re-synch" the number across all the various flavors of the mod.

Update 0.2.7b - Internal only...nothing released.

Update: Beta 0.2.7a - Very minor tweaks. No restart required. Moved docking point on ISD down, to avoid collision when undocking fighters. Added engine effects to YT-1300, A-Wing, and B-Wing. Adjusted pricing of new ships for better balance. Finally, I included the tutorial on how to use Doubleshadow's tools to swap ships around (between races) in the mod. (Note - the Ship Only version is at 0.2.7b. I updated the language file to include the new Rebel ships...and then forgot to package it in the mod.)

Update: Beta 0.2.7 - Another big one. The Rebel ships are here! (At least some of them.) Also, I have included a number of bug fixes in this release.
  • First, the "bug swatting" effort:
    1. Corrected factory pricing. Many of the custom factories were not going into production because more product was being generated per cycle than the station can hold.
    2. Resized selected Capital ships. Large Capital ships were exploding upon purchase at Deadly shipyard.
    3. Corrected "readtext" message on several NPC ships.

The ships that are new to this release include:
    1. YT-1300 (Millennium Falcon)
    2. X-Wing
    3. Y-Wing
    4. B-Wing
    5. A-Wing

The updates and/or spurious alterations include:
    1. The new weapon types (6) still have the same name (A/B/G HOTL & RPIC)...but their performance is now spread from the low-end to the high end. They are priced according to their capability.
    2. Many ships completely retextured.
    3. Most custom M5, M4, and M3 ships have been resized using the YT-1300 as the "yardstick".
    4. Added second "hidden" shipyard (Lucas Enterprises) to hold the Star Wars ships and Alien (Xenon) ships. There are now 18 ships in the Deadly Shipyard, and 13 in Lucas Enterprises.
    5. Updated the Tie cockpit, and created a custom cockpit for the YT-1300.
    6. Created custom docking part 320 to allow better docking access for the Imperator Star Destroyer. (Replaced stock 320 docking part with 79 docking part on my custom stations and ships that used 320.)

Update: Beta 0.2.6d - Major update here. Added three new Star war ships; the Tie Defender, Tie Interceptor, and Tie Bomber. The Tie fighters have a custom cockpit, which is the main reason for the delay in getting this release out the door. Thanks to CheckerTwo, we can now add some entirely new weapons to X2...so I added the Alpha/Beta/Gamma versions of the RPIC (Rapid Pulse Ion Cannon) and HOTL (High Output Turbo-Laser). The only ships that are currently capable of equipping the RPIC and HOTL are the four ships from the Star Wars universe. Once I get the correct balance of hull/shield damage, rate of fire, etc...I will upgrade some of the other ships to accept the new weapons types. I also replaced my old Fission missile with three entirely new Alpha/Beta/Gamma flavors. In the course of adding in the necessary missile factories and laser forges, I found a couple of small bugs in my in-game graphic map display...now sorted. In addition to placing the new ships in the Deadly shipyard (as usual), I also added them as additional ships to the Split. There are also a couple of Split shipyards with ISD's.

Update: Beta 0.2.6c - I added a model of the Star Wars Imperator Star Destroyer. I also managed to figure out how to enable custom Bump Mapping, and applied it to some of the models. The M5 Scout, M4 Darkship, M6 Harpy, M2 Styx, M1 Acheron (and of course, the new Imperator) all look lots better. I will re-texture the rest of the models in the next update...but people were asking for the ISD. Also also changed the impact effect of the PPC series of weapons to the one used for the Mass Driver...much better performance. The x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files have been modified to allow 55 additional ships.

Update: Beta 0.2.6b - Another small update, with 1 new ship. A couple of graphic/texture tweaks, added a mini-carrier (a small M1-like ship, that carries 25 fighters). Also fixed the missing "free" M5 Scout that was supposed to be waiting for you in the Player HQ...I had accidentally "morphed" it into a Mobile Mining Equipment.

Update: Beta 0.2.6a - Argh! A couple of "Read Text" messages slipped into the Equipent Docks...I was using some scripts during final validation of the galaxy map. There is also a small setup script to remove them if you already started a game. (No need to run, if you don't have the dreaded "Read Text" messages.)

Update: April 26 - A few of the modders have asked for a part-to-ship correlation table. I'll include it in the package in future releases, but for now have added a download link to an MS Excel spreadsheet at the bottom of this post.

Update: Beta 0.2.6 - Quite a bit of new stuff. Added several more ships...now up to 22 (see below of details); tweaked a few meshes, and updated several textures. All-in-all, the models are starting to look better. Used the latest hack from our Russian partners to add capacity of 50 new ships (in addition to the standard X2 complement). Since I only use 22 ships, there are 28 truly "unused" slots not available in TShips. I also took advantage of the latest analysis on the graphic sectormap (again, from the Russian wizards) to provide a graphic in-game map of the custom galaxy map I ship with the mod...now you can actually see the added sectors when you jump/navigate around the map.

Update: Beta 0.2.2b - This is a very minor update; changed the texture on the new Argon Charon (M2). Tsar_of_Cows pointed out that the "purple/red" texture didn't really look all that "Argon-ish". Actually, it (and the green lights) were left over from my early testing. No need to restart, the new textures will get picked-up the 1st time you go through a jump gate. (I'll "de-tune" the weapon loadout in a future release.)

Update: Beta 0.2.2a now available for download. This is a minor update, adding a new M2 model - the Argon Charon (Ferryman of the Dead). See the pix, further down. It replaces the Titan. I haven't tried to balance the weapons on it yet, but several people asked for it "as is". Sooo...what you get instead of the Titan is 28 guns (4 front lasers, 6 4-laser turrets), a slightly expanded cargo capacity, 600Mw of shielding (3x200Mw), and a measly 13 external docking ports...oh yeah, and a VERY big ship. (If you decide to "fly" it through a gate instead of "jumping", make sure you center it and then aim a little high...it does fit!)

Update: Beta 0.2.2 now available for download. Added 3 new custom ship models; an M6 class, based loosely on the Marquis Raider, that replaces the Argon Centaur, and completely original replacements for the Xenon M1 and M2. Check the screenshots below for a look at the new ships. Switched to .bob (binary) scene files in the /cut folder for faster loading. The .bod files are still available in a sub-directory of the /cut folder. Also cleaned up textures, tweaked some weapons, and added a few cosmetics to existing ships (position lights, etc). Perhaps the most important upgrade is the move to version 0.89 of Mauzi's Ship Balancing mod.

Update: Added a "ship only" version. No player HQ, no custom universe map (or stations), no extra shield or missile types. Just the new ships and the standard X2 universe map. Check the download links below the screenshots.

Update: Beta 0.2.1a - Sigh. Well...that didn't take long! Nothing major. I put the wrong "readme" for Mauzi!'s mod into the .rar file. The version of his mod that I am using is 0.83, but I accidentally provided the readme from 0.81 (which I had started developing with). Also, I have included the "setup" script that Mauzi! provides with his mod, which can update ships in save games from previous versions of his mod to 0.83. (Not really needed with 0.2.1x of my mod, since you must start a new game to get all the new ships.)

I have de-tuned the loadouts on several of my ships to keep things in line with Mauzi!'s ship rebalancing work. There are no "meg-ships" in this mod. Now, before you start sending me "nasty-grams", the original version of my mod is still available for those who crave the 28-gun monster M6's and M1/M2 CapShips. You can find it in this thread... http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72388 (Seeing as how the two versions are downloaded about 50/50, I will continue to maintain both flavors.)

So...why go through the massive effort of creating two mods that use the same custom ship and station models?

The reason I asked Mauzi! for permission to use his work, was that X2 combat had become too easy. Making new bigger/meaner/uglier ships was amusing...for awhile...but I wanted something that would really challenge me. For those of you who have not looked into Mauzi!'s mod, I can tell you right now that combat engagements will take a whole lot longer! Proper use of missiles is essential. And don't even think of max'ng-out your favorite M6, and flying around the universe dealing ugliness to the bad guys. The M6 is no longer a giant heavy fighter on steroids...you will need to use wingmen to be successful. During testing, I ran with and without the plot. The first time I tried the mission in Nyana's Hideout, I popped in with my trusty M6, and promptly got my head handed to me on a platter...several times!

For more information on Mauzi!'s mod, check out the main thread... http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

OK...for those of you who already know the basics of my mod, you can skip the hype and the screen shots, and pop down to the download links at the bottom of this post.

For those who want to know what the hell this is all about (or just like eye-candy)...I've extracted some info from the readme, along with a few renders from 3dMax (in-game looks nicer, but Max is easier).

Remember, this is a complete re-build of my original Mod, using Mauzi!'s Re-Balancing mod (0.89) as a base. The ship loadouts for the custom ships are now more closely aligned with standard X2 ships...no more "flying death" mega-ships. The original mod is still available, if that's what you like.

Credits:

Lots of people have made contributions to the X2 modding scene that allowed be to create these mods:

++ Mauzi! - For permission to use his ship balancing mod, V0.89
++ Barron for translating the language files and readme into German, and keeping an eye on things over in the German forum.
++ Vayde for his help in testing. His ability to find the "little" bugs makes the game better for all of you!
++ Xenofighter:Mario Bacher (elimgarak@scifi-art.com) - Original concept art for the Xenon M3 Rebel. Someone (Earthpilot, from the Egosoft forums) suggested that this ship was first seen in "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda".
++ Shade (shadowlands@mweb.co.za) - Original concept art for the Teladi M2 Grendel (aka Protector).
++ BreezeUA - cleanup on the Sulaco model (very nice work...he may be contributing more in the future).
++ All of the many people who have been modeling Star Wars ships, and collecting & sharing information...for helping make the ISD available.
++ Scoob for doing the research on the performance impacts of the various X2 bullet types, and Reven for publishing the original FastBulletFX mod.
++ Admiral TigerClaw for advice on weapons placement for the Star Wars ships.
++ Nuclear_Eclipse for the detailed knowledge of Star Wars ships (as well as scanning and uploading ship plans) needed to create these models for the X2 engine.
++ CheckerTwo for his fantastic work on opening up the X2 OBJ files. With out him, there would be no additional ships, weapons, or missiles.
++ Doubleshadow for the best development "workbench" any modder could ask for. Without his tools, I simply would not have bothered.
++ For the inspiration on the Tie Defend or, all credit to "Dr. Jones" <docteur.jones@wanadoo.fr>. Being able to use his excellent model as a reference made the Defender as good as it is.
++ Balogt for his assistance with the engine effects on the X-Wing and W-Wing.

What this mod is not:

I did not include scripts or other mods (other than a 2-line text initialization script). You will need to install your preferred choice of mods. I find that a mix of the signed scripts, along with some Xai (especially the advanced AI), and a select few others make for a more enjoyable game...but it's really your call (with one exception, I'll mention below).

Do not expect this mod to play like the standard X2 game...expect longer (and more difficult) combat engagements, and plan on using multiple wing men for your M6 & better class ships! This is especially true with the switch to version 0.89 of Mauzi!'s ship balancing spec's.

What it is:

1. A complete array of 33 new ships (M5, M4, M3, M6, M2, M1, TL, TS, TP). All ships (with the exception of a remake of the M6 Osprey) are completely original 3dMax creations, although some of were inspired by various movies and other concept art. (Note: In the interest of time, I "cannibalized" the mesh for the outer body panels for the A-Wing from a model done by Jose Gonzalez...the rest is original.)

2. A custom Galaxy Map with 27 additional sectors and a custom graphic "sectormap" to show the extra sector in-game. The added sectors are intended to provide compatibility with the Massive War Mod. The sector size is 1.6 times larger than the standard X2 sector. There are also numerous additional gates to alter the traffic flow across the galaxy. (Note: The custom map is not present in the "ship only" version.)

3. The mod can be played with, or without, the X2 plot.

4. There are two new shield types; a 45MW, and a 200MW. There is (at least) one factory per shield type for each race scattered around the galaxy. (Note: The custom shields are not present in the "ship only" version.)

5. There are three new missile types...the Fission Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Very expensive, takes up a ton of cargo space. The Gamma is mostly used as a "station buster", while the Alpha and Beta versions are good for knocking down the shields of larger ships before swooping in for the capture. As with the shields, there is at least one Fission Missile Factory for each race scattered around the galaxy. (Note: The custom missile is not present in the "ship only" version.)

6. There are six entirely new shipboard weapons, inspired by the addition of the Star Wars ships. The current naming has them as the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma High Output Turbo-Laser (HOTL) and Rapid Pulse Ion Cannon (RPIC). There will be unique names for each weapon in a future release. The weapons span the range of performance from low-end to "deadly", and are priced accordingly. Currently, these weapons are only available on the Imperial and rebel ships. (Once I get the performance specs adjusted, I will make them available on some of the existing ships...keeping in mind that this mod is intended to be "balanced".)

7. The various race's Equipment Docks have the new shield and missile wares...but not at every dock, and not all new wares can be found in a single dock. (The Split have Missile Factories and Laser Forges for the new RPIC, HOTL, and Beta/Gamma version of the Fission missile.)

8. There is an M6-capable player HQ in one of the new sectors. It is based on a custom station model I created. I have pre-loaded one of my new M5 scout ships in the HQ...but with almost no upgrades. (Note: Not present in the "ship only" version.)

9. For the wares/no-wares versions, there are two (2) custom "hidden" Shipyards where you can purchase the new ships. For the "ship only" version, the Star Wars and Alien (Xenon) ships have been added to the shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre, while all the other ships have been added to the Boron shipyard and/or dock in Great Reef.

10. There are 3 "flavors" of the mod (at this time); one with a few wares (products) pre-loaded into your HQ, the second with an empty HQ, and the third is a "ship only" version, that uses the standard X2 universe map. All three versions use the Mauzi! ship/weapon rebalancing specifications. The reason for having "wares" vs "no-wares" versions is because when a dock has products "pre-loaded", when you start a new X2 game, all docks are spawned with a partial inventory of wares (about a 50% stocking level). What this means is that, for those who are "old hands", and don't really want to start out "bumming around" the galaxy with no money, start out with the "wares" version, and zip over to your HQ and grab some wares to sell. (Note: You are not going to get rich doing this...it's really just "seed" money. There is no "automatic" restocking, so you will need to trade to maintain stock levels in your HQ.) For those "hardcore" types who like groveling around for days building up a stake, you can run the "no wares" version. Once you build up enough capital, you can eventually equip your HQ with the wares mix of your choice. (This assumes that you have a suitable script installed, like the signed Waremanager script supplied as part of the Bonus Material.)

11. The "type" files (TDocks, TShields, etc) are based on Mauzi!'s Ship Balancing mod (V 0.89). Mauzi!'s mod alters the game-play characteristics of the various class of ship...very much for the better IMHO, but you can decide for yourself! If you don't like the increased combat difficulty introduced by Mauzi!'s mod, you can grab the 0.1.x version of my mod...which is based on Burianek's Laser/Economy type files (heavily modified by me), and the ships are faster (with heavier armament).

12. Oh yeah...I have removed the "Modified" tag.

Contents:

As I mentioned, there are three versions ("With Wares", "No Wares", and "Ship Only"). The files common to both are:

1. An "init" script to load the custom text - init.Deadly.Text,
2. Muazi!'s setup script. This is only needed if you are starting a savegame from a previous version. All new games will automatically have the ships spec's updated.
3. Several custom text files; 441369.xml, and 441370.xml, for the wares/no-wares version, 441371.xml for the 'ship only" version. The reason there are two files for the wares/no-wares versions is that I have put the text you will most likely want to change (for the names of your sector and HQ) in the 441370.xml file, to make it easy to edit.

The mod (.cat/.dat) files contain:

1. The ship/station body and scene files ("/v" and "/cut"). The /cut folder has a sub-directory with the .bod format of the ship scene files, for those that like to change things, or build their own mods.
2. The custom "type" files.
3. The custom galaxy map appropriate to the version you want to run (for the wares/no-wares versions).
4. A ship body/scene file correlation table (MS Excel Spreadsheet) for those who would like to combine mods.

Ship Types:

(The renders & screenshots are quite dated, and don't realy do the ships justice. They will give you an idea of what is contained in the mod, but most of the ships have been extensively re-textured.)

M5 (Scout), Race=Player - Small, fast, 3 front lasers (same loadout as Pirate Mandalay). One "bare-bones" Scout is loaded into the players HQ at start-up for the Wares/No-Wares versions. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M5 (Recon), Race=Player - Small, fast, 2 front lasers (same loadout as Xenon N). This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M5 (X-Wing), Race=Player - The Deadly X-Wing is one of the most powerful M5 fighters ever built. It was the last star fighter design produced by Incom Corporation before its seizure by the Empire. It is reasonably fast, and with 4 lasers is quite heavily armed for an M5 fighter. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M5 (A-Wing), Race=Player - The Deadly A-Wing is a very small and very fast star fighter with two wing-mounted Blaster Cannons. The idea behind the A-Wing was not to create a ship with a lot of firepower, but one that could use blinding speed to outperform its opponents. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M4 (Darkship) Race=Player - Medium fighter, 3 front lasers (same loadout as Split Scorpion), other specs at the upper end of the various X2 M4-class ships. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M4 (Hunter) Race=Player - Medium fighter, 3 front lasers (same loadout as Xenon M...although the player version has the capability to mount a Mass Driver). This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M4 (Interceptor) Race=Split - Medium fighter. The Deadly Tie Interceptor is a small maneuverable M4 class ship with good acceleration and a high top speed. It carries 15MW of shielding and 4 lasers. However, it has very limited cargo space, and accordingly carries a very limited missile load. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, selected Split shipyards and docks, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
...Front:
[ external image ]
...Rear
[ external image ]
...Firing
[ external image ]

M4 (Y-Wing) Race=Player - The Deadly Y-Wing is an attack star fighter with moderate speed. while not as fast as some M4 ships, it has 4 lasers and has cargo capacity for extra missiles. The Y-Wing carries 20MW of shielding (4x5MW). This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M3 (Dralthi) Race=Player - Heavy fighter, 3 front lasers (same loadout as Argon Nova), 2 lasers in rear turret (uses same TCockpit entry as the Nova). Has 90MW of shielding (2x45MW) for wares/no-wares versions or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

3 (Banshee) Race=Player - I had been playing around with a module of the Banshee, but it had such a high-poly count, it tended to slow the game down. This is a very low-poly version, and is fun to fly. It's very heavily armed (4 front lasers), with 90MW of shielding (2x45MW) for wares/no-wares versions or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". However, it is also fairly slow. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M3 (Rebel) Race=Player - Heavy fighter. Well armed with 2 front BHEPTs, and a bottom BHEPT turret. Has 90MW of shielding (2x45MW) for wares/no-wares versions or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only", but is fairly slow. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M3 (Defender) Race=Split - Heavy fighter. The Deadly Tie Defender is an M3 class ship, which is highly maneuverable and offers good acceleration and top speed. It carries 6 lasers and 90MW (2x45MW) of advanced shielding, or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". However, it has very limited cargo space, and accordingly carries a very limited missile load. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, selected Split shipyards and docks, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
...Front:
[ external image ]
...Rear:
[ external image ]
...Firing:
[ external image ]

M3 (Bomber) Race=Split - Heavy fighter/Missile Carrier. The Deadly Tie Bomber is an M3 class ship which is highly maneuverable and has good acceleration and top speed. It carries 135MW (3x45MW) of advanced shielding, or 100MW (4x25MW) for "ship only" version, but only 2 lasers. In compensation, it offers a large missile payload, and can carry the Beta and Gamma Fission class missiles (Hornet, in Ship Only version). This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, selected Split shipyards and docks, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M3 (B-Wing) Race=Player - The Deadly B-Wing is the Rebel Alliance's most powerful heavy-assault star fighter. It was designed to take on much larger Imperial capital ships, thus providing the Alliance fighters with the punch of capital ships at a fraction of the cost. The B-Wing carries 6 lasers, and has 90MW of advanced shielding (2x45MW) or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M6 (Harpy) Race=Split - A replacement for the Dragon, with roughly the same performance/handling specs. However, it has 4 front lasers (standard Split M6 loadout), and three double-laser turrets in the rear, top & bottom (all turrets use standard Split M6 loadouts). The Harpy uses a single 200MW shield for the wares/no-wares versions, or 2x125MW for the ship only version. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M6 (Trident) Race=Argon - A replacement for the centaur, with roughly the same performance/handling specs. However, it has 4 front lasers (with the standard Argon M6 loadout), and three double-laser turrets in the rear, top & bottom (all turrets use standard Argon M6 loadouts). The Trident has one 200 MW shield for the wares/no-wares versions, or 2x125MW for the ship only version, and external docking positions for 2 M5's. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M6 (Osprey Mk 2) Race=Teladi - A replacement for the baby Osprey...this sucker is huge! Inspired by E.R.Hyland, who will be using it in his mod, it is as big as an M6 can be and still dock. It is effectively a "pocket M2", with a total of 16 lasers...and priced accordingly. It still looks like the original Osprey, but the front section has been rebuilt from scratch, with a central bridge and side-mounted nacelles for the front lasers. This ship has two 2-laser top turrets, and two 2-laser bottom turrets...which seems to provide added targeting capability. It also has a 2-laser turret in front and in the rear, as well as 4 front main lasers. Definitely a bit over-gunned, but I thought I'd throw in it in anyway. The Trident docks 2 M5's, and has a single 200 MW shield for the wares/no-wares versions, or 2x125MW for the ship only version. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

TP (Basilisk) Race=Split - Originally intended as a straight replacement for the Iguana. This ship is well-armed with 3 forward lasers, and a single-laser rear turret. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

TS (Mule MKII) Race=Player - The ultimate Pirate ship. Uses the high-end spec(s) from the other race's TS-class ships, 2 front lasers (IRE, PAC, A-HEPT, Ion Disrupter), 1 laser in rear turret (same specs as Argon M3 rear turret). Has 90MW of shielding (2x45MW) for wares/no-wares versions or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

TS (YT-1300) Race=Player - The Deadly YT-1300 is loosely based on the stock light freighter of the same designation manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Armed like an M6, and yet able to dock at stations, this ship is much sought after by smugglers. While it has limited cargo capacity, it carries 8 lasers in two turrets, and has 90MW of advanced shielding (2x45MW) for wares/no-wares versions or 75MW (3x25MW) for "ship only". This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, selected Split shipyards and docks, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

TL (Cetus) Race=Player - A very (very) large TL-class ship, uses the high-end spec(s) from the other race's TL-class ships, 25,000 cargo capacity, 1 front laser (for a mobile drilling system), and six turrets with 2 lasers each (using standard Teladi cockpit specs). Provides 800MW of shielding (4x200MW) for the wares/no-wares version or 875MW (7x125MW) for the "ship only". Note: The bridge of the Cetus is at the top of a "very" tall ship...do not try and fly through the center of a gate unless you want to test out your shields. If you aim for the upper third of the gate, you'll be fine. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M2 (Grendel) Race=Teladi - A replacement for the Teladi Phoenix, with the exception of offering 4 external docking ports instead of 5, and having 800MW of shielding (4x200MW) for the wares/no-wares version or 875MW (7x125MW) for the "ship only",it uses the same ship specs. The Grendel offers six turrets, with 3 lasers each. All lasers/turrets use the standard Teladi spec. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M2 (Sulaco) Race=Split - A replacement for the Split Python. Has 4 external docking ports, and only 600MW of shielding (3x200MW) for the wares/no-wares versions or 500MW (4x125MW) for the "ship only". However, it has 20 lasers to compensate. Uses the Split Python spec in all other respects. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M2 (Nyx) Race=Xenon - A replacement for the Xenon K. The Nyx (goddess of night) has 4 external docking ports, and 18 lasers (6x3-laser turrets). Uses the Xenon K shielding and performance/handling spec's. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M2 (Erebus) Race=Argon - A replacement for the Titan. The Erebus (son of Chaos) has 5 external docking ports, and 20 lasers (two 4-laser turrets, and four 3-laser turrets). I figured since it was used by the "good guys", I'd give 'em a tad more fire-power. It has 600MW of shielding (3/200MW), but otherwise uses the Titan's performance/handling spec's (as per the Mauzi! spec's). This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M2 (Styx) Race=Paranid - A replacement for the old (and ugly) Odysseus. The Styx (river of hate) has 4 external docking ports, and 20 lasers (two 4-laser turrets, and four 3-laser turrets). It has 800MW of shielding (4/200MW), but otherwise uses the Odysseus' performance/handling spec's (as per the Mauzi! spec's). This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Garuda) Race=Teladi - A replacement for the Teladi Condor, with the exception of offering 1,000MW of shielding (5x200MW)for the wares/no-wares version or 875MW (7x125MW) for the "ship only", it uses the same ship specs. The Garuda provides six turrets, with 2 lasers each. All turrets use the standard Teladi spec. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Alecto) Race=Xenon - A replacement for the wimpy Xenon J. The Alecto (one of the three furies..."unceasing in anger") carries 12 lasers (6x2-laser turrets), like the Garuda. Uses the Xenon J spec's in all other regards (shielding, docking capacity, performance/handling, etc). This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Acheron) Race=Paranid - A replacement for the old (and ugly) Zeus. The Acheron (river of woe) has 81 internal docking bays, and 12 lasers. It has 1,000MW of shielding (5/200MW), but otherwise uses the Odysseus' performance/handling spec's (as per the Mauzi! spec's). This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Charon) Race=Argon - A replacement for the aging Colossus. The Charon (ferryman of the dead) has 130 internal docking bays, and 18 lasers (six 3-laser turrets). It has 800MW of shielding (4/200MW), but otherwise uses the Colossus' performance/handling spec's (as per the Mauzi! spec's). This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Exp-M7) Race=Player - A small M1-like ship with internal docking for 25 fighter craft. Someone had requested a "mini-carrier" to support an alternate style of game play...this is it. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Bun-Bun) Race=Split - The Deadly ISD, affectionately known as "Bun-Bun", is based on technology found in the ruins of a metallic moon-like object from Earth's ancient past. The Deadly shipyard managed to "acquire" a copy of the plans, and has built several of these monsters. Only available to those with almost unlimited funds, Bun-Bun carries 28 lasers in five 4-laser turrets on the top, bottom, left, right, and rear, and a single 8-laser turret up front. It has internal docking capacity for 150 fighter craft, and carries 1,000MW of advanced shielding. It has a surprisingly high top speed, but accelerates and maneuvers very slowly. This ship can be purchased at Lucas Space Enterprises, selected Split shipyards and docks, or the Argon shipyard & dock in Omicron Lyre (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

M1 (Roger Young) Race=Player/Argon - The Deadly Roger Young is an M1 that makes a unique trade off; very fast and manuverable, with massive firepower...but very light shielding. This is an experimental ship that is intended to fill the gap between the Argon Colossus and the Argon Titan. Larger than the Experimental M7, the Roger Young has a carrier capacity of 65 fighters, but the firepower of the most powerful M2 Capital ships. The advanced propulsion systems allow for a quick and nimble handling ship, however the large hanger deck and heavy armament means that there is little room for shielding. It carries 20 lasers in two 4-laser turrets front & rear), and four 3-laser turrets (top, bottom & sides). It has good hull strength, but only 600MW of advanced shielding. This ship can be purchased at the Deadly hidden shipyard, or the Boron shipyard & dock in Great Reef (Ship Only version).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

------------------------------------------------------

Stations:

The M6-capable player HQ. For those modders out there, the model can also be used as a direct replacement for any of the 5 race's Equipment Docks...the standard X2 M6 docking facility is used.
[ external image ]

The new Xenon Shipyard. The one run by the "good guys" is located in a hidden sector, and is loaded up with the above ships. You can also by a Xenon SPP, if you like the model (I do). Of course, when you pop into a Xenon sector to destroy their shipyard...you'll be looking at one of these puppies! For those modders out there, the model can also be used as a direct replacement for any of the 5 race's Wharfs...the standard X2 M6 docking facility is used.
[ external image ]

The custom trading dock...also located in the hidden sector. I should probably load this into the shipyard, so players can purchase them...but with an M6-capable HQ, it seemed a bit useless. For those modders out there, the model can also be used as a direct replacement for any of the 5 race's Trading Docks.
[ external image ]

Installation instructions:

1. Extract the .rar files to your X2 directory. You can install both, and decide which one to run by selecting the Mod Package at run-time.
2. (Optional) Using the editor of your choice, modify the text in the 441370.xml to suit your name/game.
3. On the initial X2 start menu, click on Select Mod Package, and choose which version you want to run.
4. Once you are at the main menu (in the game), you can start a regular game by selecting the difficulty (Easy, Normal, Hard, X-TREEM), which will run the X2 plot. Alternately, you can select "New Game in Custom Galaxy" ), and click on entry that says "<X2 Universe>".

EDIT:There was a small bug in the setup script, that had a big impact (the game locked up on startup).

I have uploaded a replacement startup script for SSG 0.1.7e and 0.2.7e (works for both Wares & NonWares versions).

Simply extract it to your X2 /scripts folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can get it at: http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... Ds_xml.rar

The 0.2.7 files can be downloaded from:
...for .rar files
http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... .2.7e1.rar
...and the "ship only" version.

...and for self extracting .exe's

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... .2.7e1.exe
...and the "ship only" version.

Enjoy...
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Fri, 29. Jul 05, 05:01, edited 33 times in total.

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 23:05

I likes those capital ships, i likes em alot. :D

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 01:33

... and I who just had installed version 0.1.3. Ah, well. It's good that you have finished this project.

I am currently testing your map together with the "Race Wars Mod", which seems to work fine together and e.g. means that the player gets 10.000 credits every 10. min., since he controls the sector "Deadly's Sandbox".

I like flying around in the very fast Discoverer, but didn't you forget to increase the speed of TS and TP class ships, so that they match the larger size of the sectors?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 02:50

I like flying around in the very fast Discoverer, but didn't you forget to increase the speed of TS and TP class ships, so that they match the larger size of the sectors?
Actually, you are noticing the impact of Mauzi!'s ship balancing mod. I realize that it is not going to be everyones "cup of tea", which is why I will continue to support the original mod I produced. (I will add in the new ships sometime this week.)

However, once you adapt your playing style to the new ship performance characteristics, it makes for a great game.

I did test the game with the plot to ensure that the missions could still be done with the larger sector size...and they all work fine.

As a quick "heads up", here is a snippet from the readme for Mauzi!'s mod:
Basic rulesets:
===============
- small ships are vers fast and manouverable
- medium sized ships are medium in both
- large ships are fast but hard to manouver
- the vertical pitch speed is usually a bit less than the horizontal turn speed
- race missiles are almost as fast and manouverable than any ship of the target ship size
- Khaak missiles get alot more bonuses
- for more versatility the differences between the ships and races were increased
- the overall speed range has been increased
- race preferences reflect the known preferences
- prices of the ships reflect their usability
- the overall gaming experience must be kept, so basic ship infos ain't changed at all
- usually weapons are shooting faster now, since ships are faster no aswell
this change was also used to get rid of the slow motion bullets, resulting in lasers shooting alot faster now
- the IRE has been upgraded and actually does visible damage now.
- the PPCs were heavily modified to have a low shooting frequency but heavy damage in return, yet their bullet is fast
this specially affects the dragon, so that it finally has a useful special weapon too now
- the PSGs were weakened a bit
- the MD got a major upgrade.

The benefits of all this:
=========================
- all ships have a specific use now
- especially M4 and pirates are stronger now
- the M6 and M2 are no longer the one-man-kills-all machines and require an escort now
- missiles are useful in combat now and to be feared as enemy
- standard laser bullets (IRE, PAC, HEPT, PPC) received an additional speed bonus, which aids the KI in combat
- IREs are somewhat useful now.
- PPCs now are a real capital ship's weapon and no more an enhanced HEPT
- MDs are more useful now

the old one
x3tc

Mod

Post by the old one » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 18:49

Would it be possible to do the mod with normal sized sectors instead of the larger ones.Ithink the mod is very good but i do prefer normal sized sectors,thanks Dennis
only steam i want is out of a kettle

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 23:46

Would it be possible to do the mod with normal sized sectors...
Normal sized sectors? No. It would take more hours than I care to think about to scale down the current sector size.

However, I will create a "ship only" mod package (like I did with the original mod). Just the ships, without the custom galaxy & stations. In the "ship only" mod, there is no player HQ...the new ships are loaded into a Boron shipyard down in the SW corner of the map (details will be in the readme).

Anyway, I'll try and post it tonight, since I'll be traveling the rest of the week.

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 00:16

After having tried playing this map with the "Race Wars Mod" it seems to me, that the weapons of the capital size ships now are unbalanced.

Example: I was near the west gate in "Antigone Memorial", when I received news about a Paranid invasion in "Power Wall". I therefore rushed to "Power Wall" as fast as the "Deadly Scout" can fly, but when I got there the battle was over. :o In the time it took me to fly from a position near the west gate in "Antigone Memorial" to the west gate, an Argon Titan had won over a Paranid Odysseus. This may be because PPC weapons now are much more powerful than the PSG weapons.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 03:27

...the weapons of the capital size ships now are unbalanced.
I'll definitely look into it. All the performance spec's for the capital ships are set by Mauzi!'s mod...and the Titan and Oddy are both 18-gun ships...similar loadouts...and both have the same shielding (5x125MW).

During the tweaking & testing of my "big ships" with Mauzi!'s mod, I quite enjoyed capital ship combat. However, the mod makes every effort to create a real difference in the various ships, even of the same class. I know I had to adopt different strategies for the different M2's & M6's. Also, I was always flying one of the ships...I never looked at OOS combat.

I'll also take a quick look at Race Wars, and see if there is something going on there that throws off the new ship balancing. If I can find anything, I'll pass it along to Mauzi!.

(Oh yeah...don't forget that AGEIS is not compatible with my/Mauzi!'s mod.)

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 06:12

Pfwoar, that is some awesome, nay, I say AWESOME texturing work you've done there. Why, exactly, has Egosoft not offered you a job yet? :)

I love the ships, and would really like to play with the HQ and the extended sectors etc (as in your previous mod), but I'm not a big fan of Mauzi's mod, unfortunately. It's become too twitch based for my taste.

Is there a version we can download that has all the new ships, the extended sectors, the goodies etc, but based on X2's own combat base? (I also really like my AEGIS...)

Also, you say that since you use no scripts, etc, people can just select and play their own mod in combination with this? Isn't that going to cause havok though? I've been trying to combine two mods recently, and it caused one of the two (with two new ships), to not show any new ships at all. Do you have any instructions on how to do this?

Great work DeadlyDa, absolutely awesome. I look forward to playing this Mod. :)

Creston

ALLSEVENSINZ
x2

Help With Deadly Mod

Post by ALLSEVENSINZ » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 08:52

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND THE HIDDEN SHIPYARD :?

-TD-13-
x3

Re: Help With Deadly Mod

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 09:16

ALLSEVENSINZ wrote:ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND THE HIDDEN SHIPYARD :?
First I think you'll need to press the caps locks key, as you seem to have it on for no reason at all.

Second, since your topic says "deadly mod" I'm assuming it's a mod of some sort, therefore this topic belongs in the Scripting and Modding forum. Topic moved. (Will be moved back if I've mistaken you)

Thirdly, I think you'll have to be a little more specific unless people know what you are talking about.

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 09:29

Really good work, though not having a custom map is a little off putting for someone who's used to jumping everywhere. Also all the voices are gone, is this a bug or is it part of the mod?

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 10:59

You should write in lower-case letters and have posted this in one of the two "Deadly Mod" threads.

Fly to "Kingdom End", then take the north gate to "Great Reef", then take the east gate to "Warzone 1505", then search for it near the top of the map.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 16:54

Creston said:
Is there a version we can download that has all the new ships, the extended sectors, the goodies etc, but based on X2's own combat base? (I also really like my AEGIS...)
Yes, there is another thread for the original mod. It is up to version 0.1.3, but the 3 new Xenon ships are not yet in it.

I will probably post version 0.1.4, with the 3 new Xenon Fighters later today. Who knows, I might even include the new Xenon M2 :roll:

Anyway, here is the link to the thread for the original mod... http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72388

The_Mess said:
...all the voices are gone, is this a bug or is it part of the mod?
Voices? You are the first to have that problem. I just played through most of the plot (while testing), and all voices work fine. Do you have any other mods installed...like custom sounds...or have you ever installed MWM with the voice pack?

As for jumping, I've gotten quite good at paging through the "galaxy map"...and looking at the sector description box to the left everytime I hit a blank sector. The sector name & desctiption are there for every sector...albiet in text. The other way I get around is to use the first letter of the sector to quickly locate it. For example, if I want to jump to War Zone 1505, I hit Shift-J to bring up the map, and hit "w" twice. The 1st time, it selects Wasteland (with the graphic), the 2nd time it brings up a blank graphic, but the text to the left will identify the sector as War Zaone 1505. Hit enter, and you will have the "in-sector" graphic of everything you have so far discovered in that sector.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 17:07

DeadlyDa wrote: I will probably post version 0.1.4, with the 3 new Xenon Fighters later today. Who knows, I might even include the new Xenon M2 :roll:
:o :o :o

You sir, shall henceforth be known as the friend and savior of all X2 players :D

I am EAGERLY awaiting the end of my workday :!: :!:

Thanks for all your great work!

Creston

Edit : Question. Is it possible to start up your mod in the middle of an existing game? Or do you need to start over completely? I understand that the custom galaxy map wouldn't work in the middle of an existing game, but would the standard map version?
I'm thinking about playing for awhile until I've secured my Split base, and then hold that savegame for when the expansion comes out, and until that time play with your mod from that point on (keeping a separate save for the expansion). It would be better, ofcourse, if the expansion wouldn't mess with your mod, but I'm not holding out much hope for that (since I'm pretty sure Ego is going to change a few things in the way pck files work)
Just wondering if that was feasible or not?
Alternatively, I noticed in a differed thread, you mentioned you have a sort of "mod cleanup" script? Any chance I could get a copy of that, so that when the expansion comes out, I can clean up the game, and continue on from that point?

So many demands I have... :oops:

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 19:07

Is it possible to start up your mod in the middle of an existing game?
Well...the short answer is no.

However, I could (possibly) provide a simple script to load the new ships into the Shipyard & Dock in Great Reef. Then you should be able to run the "ship only" version of the mod, and use your existing savegames.

OK, here's where the "possibly" comes in...

There is no problem with the new ship types that have been added...you just go down to Great Reef and buy them, once the script had been run. The potential issue is with the new ships that replace existing X2 ships, since there will already be quite a number of them flying around in your save games! There is no problem with the new ship model...the graphics are rendered "real time", and the new ship models will show up just fine. However there are several parameters in TShips (max hull strength comes to mind) that are maintained in the save game files. For example, the Teladi who have been flying around in their clunky old Pythons will magically be flying Grendels. However, the old Python objects (now Grendels) will only have the loadouts they had in the save game...while the new Grendels you purchase will have (ahem) a "few" extra laser to play with. That's not a show stopper, however if the hull strength had been increased by 50% (which it hasn't), then all the old Python objects would be flying around in Grendels with 50% hull damage...and that is a problem.

I'll need to check the type files in the standard X2 vs the 0.1.3 ShipOnly mod, and make sure that there are no major issues.

I won't get back from my current road trip until late Friday night, so if you are really interested in pursuing this, the soonest I can get to it would be the weekend.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 19:29

thread merged.

*edit*
Ack, I really botched that thread merge. apologies. Sorry if the new posts seem out of order or don't appear to make sense. Someone just tell him where to find the thing he's looking for please? :)
Last edited by Burianek on Tue, 25. Jan 05, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 20:08

DeadlyDa wrote:
There is no problem with the new ship types that have been added...you just go down to Great Reef and buy them, once the script had been run. The potential issue is with the new ships that replace existing X2 ships, since there will already be quite a number of them flying around in your save games! There is no problem with the new ship model...the graphics are rendered "real time", and the new ship models will show up just fine. However there are several parameters in TShips (max hull strength comes to mind) that are maintained in the save game files. For example, the Teladi who have been flying around in their clunky old Pythons will magically be flying Grendels. However, the old Python objects (now Grendels) will only have the loadouts they had in the save game...while the new Grendels you purchase will have (ahem) a "few" extra laser to play with. That's not a show stopper, however if the hull strength had been increased by 50% (which it hasn't), then all the old Python objects would be flying around in Grendels with 50% hull damage...and that is a problem.

I'll need to check the type files in the standard X2 vs the 0.1.3 ShipOnly mod, and make sure that there are no major issues.

I won't get back from my current road trip until late Friday night, so if you are really interested in pursuing this, the soonest I can get to it would be the weekend.
If you feel like that is something you wouldn't mind spending some time on, I would love to see something like that. I'd be happy to test it for you as well. However, it is totally up to you. I think I will enjoy your mod even if I play it as a separate game.

But since I currently have a savegame in which my empire has a few nice things going, it would be cool to get the ship changes into that, especially since I'm just about to start building some fleets in it. A fleet of Sulaco's would be much cooler than a fleet of the current M2s :D

As for the existing capital ships, I do believe they respawn after they're destroyed, right? If so, I'll be happy to "aid" the races in having their capital ships replaced :D

Thanks again for your work and your answers.

Creston

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 02:40

I think that lack of voices is due to a Hard drive fault, i'll reinstall everything tonight and test it again, and the only scripts i have are a script for creating ships and the signed scripts. Also i've got the hang of getting around without the map, and some of the shortcuts are very useful...

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Sun, 30. Jan 05, 21:34

May i say that is some BRILLIANT work you have done there, and i also agree egosoft should give you a job. But before i download anything could you just tell me if you need to start a new game and does it come with an installeror guide to install the whole package.

Cheers Alex

P.S. Once again that was great work you did there.
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”