[ Project ] ShipBooster Thread ( Edited 04 Mar 2005 )

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Would it be nice if X2 was multiplayer so that you could play together with your spouse/wife/husband ??

DEFINATELY !!!
60%
Yes, Would be nice.
23%
Irrelevant/NO
17%

Total votes: 171

Fingers_za
x3

[ Project ] ShipBooster Thread ( Edited 04 Mar 2005 )

Post by Fingers_za » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 10:17

ShipBooster Progress (Last Update 04 March 2005 )

Current Releases Available to the Community
ShipBooster-Phase1-beta.zip (Link Removed)
ShipBooster-Phase1-V1.0
( Please let me know if the above links are broken )

Work in Progress
Improve Inteceptor AI Sorted And very much acceptable
Include TP's to get vicim and take them to the ship if recovered Sorted
Correct Re-Resistration Costs Base Price Calculation Sorted

Bug Reports from Community:
Inteceptors are sending incorrect Sector Message
Message Log Incorrect after successfull boost

Enhancements from Community:
None

Musts for RC
Clean up and optimize the code.

-----------------------------------

I've written a script called ShipBooster, It allows for Boosting (Stealing) Other Ships, However I need some opinions on a few things :

There are Anti-Boost Squads ( 5 ships for 5 races ), How to manage these ships to ensure they are always there (Currently I Have a AL Plugin to do this) ??
Choices:
1) Use AL To check every Minute if there are 25 Inteceptors in the X-Universe.
2) Use the boosting script to check everytime it runs that there are 25 Inteceptors, combined with the SIGNAL_KILLED on the Inteceptors which will create a new Inteceptor if one of them dies.
3) Use AL To check every 30 minutes, combined with the SIGNAL_KILLED.

Any advice/input on this ??

Also If I want this signed I Need it tested by someone else and the XML Language file translated into various languages.

Currently I don't have anywhere I can Upload this Script so that other ppl can access it, Any Ideas. (And NO, I've tried registering at x-scripting.com but I Cannot get registered for some reason...)

Thx
Last edited by Fingers_za on Fri, 4. Mar 05, 06:56, edited 15 times in total.
X2 - ShipBooster Thread
X3 - ShipBooster under development...
Link to download the latest release can be found on the thread main post.

WARNING: Boosting is for those whom like to live on the edge...

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Mon, 24. Jan 05, 19:06

Well, to ensure that the hostile races won't attack the anti stealing ships, you could assign them to the "friendly" race - nobody, except you, will actively attack them.

You'd be better off just using init script to make the ships originally and assign commands, then on the SIGNAL_KILLED do an automatic respawn. To deal with any damaged components, you could, every 30 minutes, just run a script that removes then installs the required components onto each of your interceptors. (With a check to see if it's in combat just to make sure that you don't fix the ship midfight.

For signing purposes I believe that only Lvl 5 devs and up can do the testing, so you'll need to submit it to Burianek for that.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 00:26

Yep, when you're done with it, just have me throw it on the index of unsigned scripts thread. Get some people playing with it and using it. Get and incorporate their feedback, and when you think it's worth having the signing team take a look it it, send it in to scripts@egosoft.com.

As for your question, I certainly wouldn't run your AL every minute to see if they're all there. Probably not necessary. Without looking at the script at all, I'd guess that combining a signal_killed approach with something on the order of every 30 min seems reasonable, but you're the author, it's up to you to decide what's best. ;)
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 09:39

Thanks for the feed back,

OK Have a look through this and tell me if the conventions/sequece is about right :

Script List :
AL Engine Scripts:
al.kill.shipbooster.anti.boost.xml // Unregister ShipBooster AL
al.plugin.shipbooster.anti.boost.xml // Register ShipBooster AL
al.shipbooster.antiboost.lister.xml // Debug Script to list all active Inteceptors
al.shipbooster.antiboost.main.xml // AL Main Script
al.shipbooster.antiboost.timer.xml // AL Timer Script

AL Scripts
al.ShipBooster.abs.hq.monitor.xml // Script to handle Co-Ordination of Alarms and Boosts
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.alarm.xml // Inteceptor Pilot Logic when there is a alarm
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.attack.xml // Inteceptor Pilot Logic to attack a particular ship
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.boost.xml // Inteceptor Pilot Logic when there is a boost
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.rearm.xml // Inteceptor Pilot Logic when hull damage or low missiles
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.xml // Inteceptor Pilot Logic (Default)
Working on:
al.ShipBooster.abs.pilot.killed.xml // Respawns Inteceptor when killed

Library Scripts
lib.ShipBooster.get.player.stats.xml // Returns the Payler Stats for reports
lib.ShipBooster.new.inteceptor.xml // Creates a new Inteceptor and sets it up

Ship Commands Scripts
ship.cmd.ShipBooster.analyse.xml // Loads main script in Analyse mode
ship.cmd.ShipBooster.boost.xml // Loads main script in Boost Mode
ship.cmd.ShipBooster.check.analy.xml // Checks availability of Analyse Command
ship.cmd.ShipBooster.check.boost.xml // Checks availability of the Boost Command
ship.cmd.ShipBooster.main.xml // Main boosting script

Breakdown of the different Scripting Section
AL Engine:
The AL Engine, just keeps the appropriate amount of Inteceptors around, nothing more than that, If you turn it off, all the Inteceptors disappear and boosting is no longer available, If you were boosting, you are kicked out of the ship and the ship resets to how it was.

Inteceptor Pilot Instructions:
1) Check if AL is Running, If Not Destruct.
1) Check if I Need repair or re-armament, If So Fly to Shipyard and get it done.
2) Check if there is a Alarm, If So Fly to alarm sector and take action
3) Check if there is a boost, If So Recover/Destroy boosted ship
4) None of the above Mill around the sector for a while, If milling long enough, go to another sector.
5) Repeat from 1

Boosting:
1) Check if the AL Engine is running, If Not, Do Nothing.
2) Checks probability, If Failed, Possibly Set Alarm and notify Player.
3) Player has 30-60 sec to get into the ship
4) Check that player is in the ship after the initial time lapse, If not Ship reverts back to original owner
5) Check the Player has enough money and in a Pirate Dock, If so Permanently transfer Ship

How does that look ??

PS: Burianek - The AL Runs every 30 Min and only checks that all the Inteceptors are alive, If not it will replace them.

Thx

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 25. Jan 05, 19:27

Oh, no. I have too much to do without getting sucked into starting to evaluate scripts before you submit them :D
My best advice is to look through the already signed scripts for ideas of how to write good scripts.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 07:22

In case anyone wants to try ShipBooster, The beta is available, the link is at the top in the first post, I'll keep the progress updated there.

Anyone trying ShipBooster, Please let me know what you think, Suggestions, Comments, Problems etc.
I'd appreciate the feedback, so that I can send it for signing.

There is a readme in the zip file.

Burianek: Could you pls add this forum to the Unsigned Scripts Sticky ?? Please ...

Thanx
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Mon, 31. Jan 05, 08:31

Well, Version 1 is complete ( As far as I Can Tell )

Inteceptor AI Has been improved to a more satisfactory level,
Added a TP (ABS Liner) which is dispatched to get the victim and
take them to their ship. (i.e. if the boost fails the Original Owner
Does not Miraculously appear in their ship, The TP Brings them
to it), Fixed the Re-Loader, Corrected the Pricing .. and a few
other things ..

Enjoy to the Max Ladies and Gents...

NOTE: If you were running the Beta, Please Stop and Start the ShipBooster AL After Reloading your script caches. Thanks

Enjoy People , Hope you like it.
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

Oximoron
x2

Post by Oximoron » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 20:16

i've tried it, i was in a station, had all the stuff i needed onboard, and was within 45meters of the boron octopus i wanted to boost.

but i couldnt find the additional command to either analyse or boost the ship......can some1 tell me where i can find this?
Never interupt an enemy while he's making a mistake

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Tue, 1. Mar 05, 06:35

The Menu under Piracy and Additional Commands will only appear if you have the Computer Components or Microchips in your ships cargo bay.

If you have what's above, Is your scripting enabled ??

If it is, Are the Scripts Files in your script directory and the Language File 448888.xml in your lt directory ??

If the script editor is enabled in a saved game, when it loads it should automatically run the ShipBooster Scripts ....

Cheers
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

Oximoron
x2

Post by Oximoron » Tue, 1. Mar 05, 21:20

i dont know if it is enabeld, this is my first script (exept for the sighned ones) i installed it and just loaded my game....(and i had all stuff in cargobay)

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Wed, 2. Mar 05, 08:17

In for Unsigned scripts to run on your game, the scripting needs to be needs to be enabled, here is a link to the stcky about mods/scripting, check out the scripting tutorials to see how to activate the scripting.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48593

Once the Script editor is enabled the script will run.

Cheers
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

Oximoron
x2

Post by Oximoron » Wed, 2. Mar 05, 20:57

ty

Oximoron
x2

Post by Oximoron » Wed, 2. Mar 05, 23:14

ok, i got it 2 work, now some last questions, i've boosted 2 M5's so far.
i re-regesterd them by just entering a pirate base, after this the name changed and the interceptors dissapeared.

works great so far.....but now for some bugs (i think)

1: the interceptors keep sending me messages even after i enterd (and left) the pirate base.

2: my boost log (in the msg log) says that i failed to boost "blablabla's" ship, even tough it is now mine!
(and it says that i have boosted 2 ships,

keep up the good work, i like it vary much

about to buy a chip fact, tomorrow, need to go to bed now :(

cheers

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Thu, 3. Mar 05, 13:41

Firstly, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the script ..... It is loads of fun ..

Oximoron Wrote :
i re-regesterd them by just entering a pirate base, after this the name changed and the interceptors dissapeared.
What did the name change to? If the boost was successfully completed the name should change to Boosted #(and then a number), If the name is still Fresh Boost, then it has not been re-registered.
1: the interceptors keep sending me messages even after i enterd (and left) the pirate base.
Can you tell me which message they keep sending to you ? There are a few, and some are controlled by a Mutex. If it is not one controlled by a mutex, then I'll have to add it into the Mutex.
2: my boost log (in the msg log) says that i failed to boost "blablabla's" ship, even tough it is now mine!
(and it says that i have boosted 2 ships,
In the Message status, there are the following
Attempts - This is how many times you have thied to boost a ship
Boosts - This is how many times you have successfully bypassed the ship security to be able to gain entry
Alarms - This is how many times you have failed to bypass the ships securities and triggered a alarm.
Boosted Ships - This is how many ships have been re-registered.

I'll see if I Can duplicate your problem on my system, but I have not encountered that yet.

(I've just moved house, so the machines have not been setup yet, It might take me a while )

Cheers
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

Oximoron
x2

Post by Oximoron » Thu, 3. Mar 05, 17:34

yes the name changes to boost##

the msg they keep sending me is: "run run run, your not going to get far" or something like that (they send me about 3-4 of those and than it stoppes)

and...could u tell me after how many boosts i get to boost higher lvl ships?

EDIT: the MSG bug doesnt really matter, but the fact that it slows and even crashes the game does!!!

i think i'll have to de-install your script for now cuz i cant even play anymore, cuz every time i go trough a gate it takes about 5 minutes before it is loaded if it doesnt crash!
Last edited by Oximoron on Fri, 4. Mar 05, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Fri, 4. Mar 05, 07:07

OK,

1) The Incorrect Log entry I'm still looking for the problem :?

2) The Message the inteceptors are sending, I Need to change the Flight Script, I'm sure I'll have a patch by monday 8)
and...could u tell me after how many boosts i get to boost higher lvl ships?
In Order of M5->TS->M4->TP->M3 it's approx 90 boosts apart
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

grffnhwk
x3

Post by grffnhwk » Thu, 17. Mar 05, 21:09

I don't know if this is a bug or not... I just finished installing advanced satellites in all my systems and found something weird. In the system Cardinal's Domain (Far South Center), I was searching for a military transport and noticed that there were about 30 paranid pegasus anti-booster ships sitting at the south end of the system. I zoomed in to the maximum on them, about 30m I think, and they were all sitting together in the same space.

So either you really don't want to boost a ship around the Paranids or theres a loop missing an end. :)

There was also another spot they seemed to be congregating a little bit further west of that position but by far the most were at that one spot.

I hope this does some good for you. :)

greenday_dude
x2

Post by greenday_dude » Mon, 21. Mar 05, 23:17

Im sorry if this is really obvious but can u boost ships inside and outside of stations? Inside via the additional ship command menu and outside through the piracy menu.
1 Goner Ship
1 Nova
1 Pegasus
8 TS (Various)
1 Manta
1 Iguana
1 SPP (Kingdom End)
1 Telandiumdedumdumdum refinery(Atreas' Clouds)
1 Sun Oil Refinery (Dukes Domain)
1 Teladi Trading Station (Brenams Triamph)

Fingers_za
x3

Post by Fingers_za » Tue, 22. Mar 05, 08:54

@greenday_dude Yes you can boost inside and outside stations, Under Additional Commands works both inside and outside, where Under Piracy It is only available outside.

@grffnhwk: Thx for letting me Know, I Haven't seen this myself and it should not happen, the Inteceptors get registered and created by the AL-Engine, into a array. The Inteceptors themselves check this array periodically and see if they are registered, if their slot has been replaced by another ship, they self-destruct, also if the array does not exist, they will self destruct. Could you possibly tell me what scripts are running on those Inteceptors ??? (Info on the ship will tell what scripts are running on which tasks). Thx

Cheers
X2 - ShipBooster Thread

grffnhwk
x3

Post by grffnhwk » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 00:51

Can I do that out of sector? =) I'm afraid of approaching the hoard of pegasi and crashing. heheh

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”