New script - Auto Dock Command (UPDATED - 02/02/05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeltaWolf
x4

New script - Auto Dock Command (UPDATED - 02/02/05)

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 12:08

Auto Dock Command

Ever got frustrated When flying your M2, with lots of weapons fire flying around, trying to give all that captured ships commands to dock at a safe location, and waiting for the menu to accept your commands?

Well thats a thing of the past - now with the new Auto Dock command from Wolf inc., you can issue a command in the current sector, that will automaticaly give a captured ship a command to dock at a safe location.

Usage:

First for this command to work, you need the Navigation software MK1 to be installed on the ship you are flying.

A new command will be available under the "Additional ship commands" - Set Auto Dock Command. Select the command and then the carrier or station you want your captured ships to dock at.

The command will stop as soon as you leave the sector you activated the command in.

Notes:

This command will also work in any sector you have ships in space that has no command, but will not interfear with docked ships.

Installation:
Extract the files to temporary folder, copy the files in the "script" folder to your "X2/script" folder, and copy the files in the "t" folder to your "X2/t" folder.

it can be found here: Autodock v1.2
http://deltawolf.freefronthost.com/x2/

Any feedback / suggestions would be very welcome
Last edited by DeltaWolf on Mon, 7. Mar 05, 08:13, edited 2 times in total.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 17:27

It sounds great, I'm currently playing a heavy capping game, and yes it DOES get very annoying to have to try to get an Orinoco to dock at Argon Prime from Ore Belt, while his six angry friends are shooting at me.

I have a few questions however (since I won't be able to test out the script until tomorrow night).

1) When you say that the command stops working as soon as you leave the sector, does that mean that the ships that I gave the command to will also stop flying? Or does it just mean that any new ships I cap in any other sector (or even the same sector if you return) will not get the command?

Is it possible to just keep it running and to only have it switch off when you tell it to? I have a game with five pirate bases within 2 sectors of Argon Prime, and it's capping heaven. It would be easier if the script kept running, but it's obviously no big deal to turn it back on in every sector.

2) How does the script manage to distinguish between capped ships, and ships that are currently already active in the sector (say traders or so)? Does it give the command to every ship that's currently inactive?
If so, would it also tell my TL that I sometimes bring with me to act as a mobile docking center to go dock at the shipyard? Because that would not be good. :)

It looks very promising, I'll be sure to give it a try tomorrow night.

Thanks for all work!

Creston

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 07:19

Your questions:

1) What I mean by the script will stop, is that is will stop giving the command to dock, ships that has already recieved the command, will continue to the docking location. So yes if you leave the sector, any new ships you cap will not get the command, you will have to re-activate the command.

it is possible to keep the script running, but the danger in that, is if you are far away and forget to stop the command, all the capped ships, will continue to try and dock at the same destination.

2) It's very clever :D .
I see from the readme, I forgot to include somthing. The command only works for "small ships" eg. M3,4,5, TS, and TP type ships. When you cap on of these ships, the defualt command for them is none. The way the command works, is it looks for all your "small ships" in the sector and looks at their current command, if they don't have a command, it will order them to dock at your specified location. Any other ship that has a command like traiders, ships you use for buying and selling, even if it is idiling will be ignored. If a ship is not moving, it does not mean it has no command, if it was following you, it still has a command.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 04:12

Deltawolf,

I'm trying to download the script, but if I click on the link, it somehow just opens a new window on this particular thread again. Iow, I can't download it. :|

Can you check the link please?

Thanks!

Creston

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 07:22

Sweet! Great idea!

Can I set a TL as the destination?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 08:20

Creston wrote:Deltawolf,

I'm trying to download the script, but if I click on the link, it somehow just opens a new window on this particular thread again. Iow, I can't download it. :|

Can you check the link please?

Thanks!

Creston
Strange - it should not do that - right click on the link and choose the "Save as" option - that will work, or use this link

http://www.freewebs.com/deltawolf/x2stuff.htm

and then click on the Autodock_v1.1 link.

Can I set a TL as the destination?
Yes - a TL is also clasified as a carrier

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 21:24

This sounds like a real boon to us ship stealers. :twisted: Unfortunately, I get a 'host not found error' with both links. :( In fact, I get the error from the main site, is it currently down?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 31. Jan 05, 08:22

Just tested it, and it works

bugatti
x3ap

Post by bugatti » Mon, 31. Jan 05, 10:40

i also got the "host not found" error

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 31. Jan 05, 13:52

I can mirror this if you want provided its not as huge file. I've some webspace going spare if you're having trouble with providers. I'm at work at the moment but I can get a mirror up when I get home if you like (and I can get hold of the file of course).

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 31. Jan 05, 19:32

OK, file is mirrored here in case the original site doesnt work:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/autodock_v1.1.zip

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 00:01

Thanks, Greyhawk1. That worked. :thumb_up:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 08:01

Greyhawk1 wrote:OK, file is mirrored here in case the original site doesnt work:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/autodock_v1.1.zip
Thanks Grayhawk1

I will try to find a new host - the current one is giving too much problems

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 08:29

Hopefully this will work

Right click on link below, choose the "save target as" option

http://deltawolf.freefronthost.com/x2/Autodock_V1.1.zip

or use

http://deltawolf.freefronthost.com/x2

and then click on the autodoc_v1.1.zip file

bugatti
x3ap

Post by bugatti » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 09:31

now the download works :)
thanks a lot, it is really a very useful script, specially while rising the combat level in the khaak sector :D .
result of 3 hours: 7 m3, 8 m4 and 28 m5 khaak in my far away parking m1, while i'm leveling in my m2.
cause i play the german version of x2, i had changed the language id from 44 to 49 and had renamed the t file ro 49......
then it also works fine in the german version.

cya

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 10:29

Did you translate the commands into German as well?

I you did, could you send me the language file - I will PM you with an e-mail address.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 14:37

Updated -

Ver 1.2 now available: German language file added

http://deltawolf.freefronthost.com/x2/

bugatti
x3ap

Post by bugatti » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 18:15

i had done a posting in the german forum for your script.
here is the link (but its all in german):
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75619

cya

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 09:08

Thanks for that :D

I see there is was a couple of quesitons - my German is non existing :D

if possible, can you translate the questions into english and pm me with them, so that I can answer them.

One thing I did pick up, is what happens to M6 and larger ships when captured. The script only looks for small ships eg smaller than M6. I'm also not sure what will happen if you try to dock a TS/TP at a M1 or when there is no more docking space left.

bugatti
x3ap

Post by bugatti » Mon, 7. Feb 05, 09:26

One thing I did pick up, is what happens to M6 and larger ships when captured. The script only looks for small ships eg smaller than M6. I'm also not sure what will happen if you try to dock a TS/TP at a M1 or when there is no more docking space left.
pretty simple, they fly to the docking station or capital ship an then they wait near the docking bay.

the rest of the questions are easy and done. if someone have an special question, i will send a translation to you.

cya

edit: the script is working real fine. i was in the khaak sector the last weekend, with an oddy and a raptor. parking the raptor 200 km out of the middle at a nearly save place and starting working with the oddy. 6 hours later i was wondering, why some khaak ships are staying around of the raptor. checking the raptor and he was full :o . 150 khaak ships :D , so i send him back to my homesector, unload the ships and let him jump back for the next load :twisted: . the only risk is to jump at the khaak sector and go to the parking place far away. but the raptor is fast enough and the weapons are strong enough to kill smaller khaak, which will follow the raptor.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”