Tour of 1000 lifetimes

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Tritous
x3tc

Tour of 1000 lifetimes

Post by Tritous » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 02:42

Based on a true story

"My brother went on a tour of a lifetime when he hit 18 Jazuras, and while I was only 14 at the time, I looked forward to my turn ever since that day. He talked forever about it. The glowing nebulae, the odd swirls of the gates, the way the captain turned off the gravity for a while for them.

When I turned 18, I tried to act surprised when I read my morning messages. sure enough it was there, confirmation of the tour details in my name. Little did I know what I was in for

as planetary dwellers we rarely saw the space port, but today would be the first time I ever took off. shaking with excitment I boarded the Express, ready for a world of wonder.

Tritous was the Captain's name, they said he was a little odd, but he looked normal to me. However, within seconds of taking off, he slammed full throttle, charring the landing clamps and sucking us into our seats. we heard him laugh at the ground control as the furious chatter came across the channels. and so began our trip.

At first we were just stunned at the emptiness of space. He took us first past a destroyer, which he went on to explain was his own. We began to understand his strange mood: he was an ex fighter, or perhaps he hadn't retired yet as just fancied the cash. We headed for the south gate, into Paranid space.

Everyone knows the Paranid are arrogant and secretive, but they seemed to have an understanding with our captain. He took us around their space, the vastness of it, the millions of stations, he even landed on one and introduced us to a friend of his, although I couldn't pronounce his name. He carried on to the southern Boron regions, past the swirling blue ocean planets they so love. Then to highlight the beauty, he took us through a swarm of spaceflies, as if he knew exactly where they were going to be. They circled us, glowing and singing.

We were so awed we didn't notice the flying was getting erratic, jerky, and tense. suddenly something went flaming past the window, and we realised we were under attack by pirates. telling us to calm down, the captain turned about, and began a duel unlike any other. My first ever space battle was one that will surely go down in history, as Tritous fought of a pirate army with a lone, unarmed ship. the debris of the ship was left floating as we pressed on.

His next trick was a tour of Xenon space. we suddenly realised just how cold our sworn enemy was. their space was empty, or so we thought. as we went in deeper and deep, through various sectors we saw their massive stations, their angular power plants, and their shipward where their dreadnoughts were spawned. The ship shook violently as the Captain defiantely performed a flyby of one such dreadnought. huge glowing balls of something nasty were shooting past us all the time, but rarely hitting. Loading up the back turret, the captain shot back a few smaller shots for fun before using a jump drive to take us to our next destination. Menalius' Paradise.

A better name couldn't have been chosen, for paradise it was. Again the Boron's love of beauty shone through, even when we saw one of their big warships we could help but notice how graceful it was.

We were all sad when the bell rang to say the tour was over, but the captain had a surprise for us. He activated his jumpdrive once more and we appeared somewhere we'd never seen before. this sector had no gates, only asteriods. but what was really odd was that these asteriods moved. Suddenly it struck us that they were ships. and out of these ships came more ships, smaller, purple ones with triangular shapes. Our captain had taken us where few people had ever returned from, we were deep in Khaak territory. As those beams started to cut into us we prayed, we hoped and we cried in terror. I could see that beam coming for me, not stopping for shield or hull, or any barrier known to Argons. Then it was gone, we were back at the station, greeting our parants.

I will never forget that strange captain and his tour. the beauty, and the horrors I saw will haunt me forever, for my whole lifetime"
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 02:54

*coughcreativeuniversecough* Great tale. Must have been of you doing a tour. You do realize that by using the J-dirve, you cut into your pay hugely?

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 02:57

By 90% or more :)

Kolohe
x4

Post by Kolohe » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 03:18

Greyhawk1 wrote:By 90% or more :)
Yep, I was quite angry the first time I noticed that. And for all the sectors I showed those people too!

temmage
x2

Post by temmage » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 05:24

Yep, I was quite angry the first time I noticed that. And for all the sectors I showed those people too!
Same here! 20+ sectors for only 150,000 reward at Advanced Entre! :evil:

Pat once
x2

Post by Pat once » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 12:29

In my last game I took them into Khaak space, they pay u a bonus to take them out.

Thrill of a life time.
The Xenon L makes the Nova look like it has one foot nailed to the floor.

Tritous
x3tc

lol

Post by Tritous » Thu, 17. Feb 05, 14:36

well I still got 450k for it, but i visited half the universe lol

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Re: lol

Post by Greyhawk1 » Fri, 18. Feb 05, 00:04

Tritous wrote:well I still got 450k for it, but i visited half the universe lol
Last tour I did I got 8 million for it :)

Tritous
x3tc

lol

Post by Tritous » Fri, 18. Feb 05, 16:58

well I bet you are higher than magnate, that and you probably had a few spacefly attacks. still...8mil is a nice days's work

Return to “Creative Universe”