[REL] MH_Advanced Jumper v1.4a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

milling_hordesman
x3

[REL] MH_Advanced Jumper v1.4a

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 06:51

to the 5 people out there who might have used v1.2 or below in the past:

i've found and fixed a fairly serious bug in the scripting. oh, curse my intuitive approach to modding. if only i had read the readme's this would never have happened.

anyways, it seems that i have been overwriting the north gate's ID every time i create the freejump gate in a sector. this is because by egosoft standards, the north gate has a GateID of 0, and i set GateID to "null" when creating the freejump gate. i've both fixed this in the script (uses an ID not used by any gates that i know of) and developed a new utility script to fix any affected gates. as soon as the X2 Scripting Center is back up i intend to submit the update, but for now i'll just post it here for anyone who cruises by and looks at the thread.

EDIT: latest version is MH_AdvJumper_v1.4a

read the readme for details about the fixer utility script. i apologize to the x2 community for this one. it's been pretty insidious trying to figure out which script has been causing this, and it has been seriosuly affecting the enjoyment of anyone who's used my script.
Last edited by milling_hordesman on Mon, 28. Feb 05, 04:56, edited 2 times in total.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 07:22

Is there any possibility of making that second north gate an invisable gate at all? Or is this the ONLY way to get around the problem? It would rock if you could find a way to get rid of the gate structure that pops up every single time you order a jump.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 07:54

Will test and give feedback.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 08:35

ah... oh. i didn't realize it was an inconvenience. i always liked the huge gate structure temprarily showing up out of nowhere. but no, it's not really possible for me to make it invisible. i can make it appear as any of the directional gates or as the broken gates you see lying around, but there has to be a gate structure there. if there isn't... well, let's just say it isn't pretty when you enter hyperspace without a way out (CTD).
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 08:46

Exactly what I ask. If there is any way to make it so you can come out of the new 'north gate' without having to have the game actually DRAW that gate into the universe. Essentially so the ship can come out of jump withoutan annoying gate showing up. What would happen if I sent multiple orders to several vessels to jump sectors. I'd end up with this series of arteficial structures cluttering things. If it were just the vortex... cool. But the gate STRUCTURES themselves feel so OUT OF PLACE in a free movement jump system.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 08:57

Well if hes not sure how to do that im sure he will be glad if you did it :wink:
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 09:13

Legion400 wrote:Well if hes not sure how to do that im sure he will be glad if you did it :wink:
If I knew what I was talking about, I wouldn't be asking, because I would know the answer.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 15:42

Is it possible to jump without a gate at all that would be cool!
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 18:35

to understand why the gate is necessary, please read between the lines of the above post:

1) when using the jumpdrive, you must target a jumpgate. just giving it coordinates or anything else (like an asteroid) will not work. there must be a jumpgate.

2) i only have 5 choices for what jumpgate i get to appear: a north gate, south gate, east gate, west gate, or broken gate. if i try to set it to an unknown gate type, the game crashes, so one of those 5 gate types must appear at the destination.

thus there must be a gate and it's either one of the cardinal direction gates or the broken gate. if i knew how to jump without the gate, there wouldn't be a gate, but until that day, there will be a gate.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

laprican
x2

Post by laprican » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 19:28

Gates aren't necessary...
If you give a sector as the target the ship will spwan in the middle of the that sector. And after jumping use "set pos ..." to move the ship to any position in the sector...

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 20:34

does this explain the multiple threads dealing with ships circling gates and taking the long way round on journeys.

If so, its ******* magic you sorted it :D :D :D :D

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 21:10

"Gates aren't necessary...
If you give a sector as the target the ship will spwan in the middle of the that sector. And after jumping use "set pos ..." to move the ship to any position in the sector..."

oh... well, then, let me get right on that. sounds like a quality idea.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 22:01

any chance you can sort your conflict with the HRS 3.2 and Real pilts scripts?

you duplicate page id=17 5853 and 5863 calls

http://www.freepgs.com/moggy2/Scripting ... names+used

cheers (hate to be cheeky :-)

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 22:18

hmm... looks like there's nothing really free but the painfully inexpensive 5763 and 5773, and i really don't think i want this stuff that inexpensive.

i did some testing with the "gateless" jumping. i'm going to keep messing around with it and trying to break it, but if you want to give it a whirl, here's the latest stuff:

MH_AdvJumper_v1_4

it shouldn't invalidate old saves, etc. you can also delete the following 3 scripts if you want to stick with 1.4:

mhordes.freejump.init
mhordes.freejump.cleanup
mhordes.freejump.init.cleanup

those all had to do with creating and "cleaning up" the jumpgate, so there's condierably less work involved/scripts involved now.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

balogt
x3

Change the look of the GATE

Post by balogt » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 23:17

to solve the gate problem with jumping, and to provide a little privateer feel (remember privateer by origin back in 1994 or something) i change the gates to wormholes, no longer is it a structure, but a nebula cloud. so when you appear its just a momentary wormhole that closes. i used the small while spiral nebula, but any will work. just change the values in the tgates file. NOTE there are 2 values that need changing

offset 0
offset 7

both need to be the same value. mine i set to 4765 (white nebula)

cheers
balog

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 25. Feb 05, 23:21

This effect ALL gates though, yes?

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 13:34

milling_hordesman wrote:hmm... looks like there's nothing really free but the painfully inexpensive 5763 and 5773, and i really don't think i want this stuff that inexpensive.quote]

Believe it or not, I have just got the three working together, with yours taking slots 5763 and 5773.

As you say, its painfully inexpensive, but i salve my conscience by running my "lose xx million" script and donating the money to the Save The Spacefly Campaign.

Thanks anyway, for both your explanation, understanding, v1.4, and last but not least, an OUTSTANDING script :-)

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 19:05

Personally, I changed the TXT file so instead of Freejump, it says Hyperjump, changed the Nav MK2 to Jumpdrive Navitron Computer and the Solar Panel Hull Plating to Quantum Engine Reactor Core.

And... I don't think you closed that quote correctly.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 23:01

why? the old names were just as good.
as long as the script runs...

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 23:07

A script can call a sound effect correct? If you want a cool hyperjump set of effects, I could whip a few up and upload them to ShadowTek or Xscripting.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”