"cheat" scripts....

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The_Vamp
x3

"cheat" scripts....

Post by The_Vamp » Fri, 11. Mar 05, 07:49

*Please dont move my post to the general forums. These scripts are "cheats" for legitimate scripters. Basically, I had to make it on my own so every one has to too! * :P

Hi!
I have added a few more "cheat" scripts (April 16, 2005), and since the X3 game is quite a ways off, I will continue to set up more scripts for stations later this month. The new scripts are not posted yet, but should be there really soon. By the way, I send a big hello and thanks to 3iff, and to those of you who helped me sort out my little array issue!

I guess the highlight of the mix is SetVampUp script, which will give you a boost at the beginning. With this one script you receive 1 billion in credits, a fully loaded Osprey (nice ride that has been *cough* tricked out), advanced satellites surrounding Argon Prime with M6 defenders (they are very fast), max out whatever POS you are currently in (really helpful if you are just starting out), licenses, insurance, and some options to upgrade the script (read the readme.txt).

Other available scipts include:
* The ever popular give me 2 billion credits.
* Argon Mammoth with Boron Dolphins inside
* Argon Titan
* 4 Boron Dolphins
* 4 Boron Mantas
* 4 Goner Ships
* Khaak Carrier loaded with 150 Khaak M3s (kinda buggy launching- depends on your level of understanding in the game- teleports works great though)
* Paranid Pegasus (ok is this ship just the most fun or what?!)
* Split Dragon
* Split Python
* Teladi Osprey
* Xenon K
* Booster for your ship - adds a bunch of stuff to your ride....
* Too boosted! - In case you get a little wild this will help step you back
* Some stations - three at this writing. They are fully automated. Select the sector and position and watch them make you some money.
* M2 and M6 Patrol Script - This script allow you to select a sector to patrol with either an M6 or M2 (Osprey or Xenon K).

Working on:
* Instant Xenon K ships automatically configured to patrol all of the Argon sectors around Argon Prime (if possible). <-- Done
* Instant loops. We will start with the most basic wheat, cattle, cahoonas, crystals, silicon, and of course energy. <-- Damn close to being done!
* More ships and stations. I am in the process of setting up modules for my scripts to avoid repeat code. The downside is that you will have to install a subset of general scripts but it allows me to make changes to a single script and have it propogate to all the others. Getting this in place really will speed up the introduction of new stations and ships.

Coming really soon:
*Instant stations w/ fighter and TL/TS ships to compliment the station. This is tougher than it sounds, probably because I want to run the script and watch ships go off on their merry way. Engaging the BPH has proved troublesome and I might just release what I have. So you will have to do some work.... Anyhow, I should release something by the end of the week. <-- Done, though I have decided to make more scripts a bit more modular so there are only three in this release, but they perform as stated.
Thanks to Terrabyte these scripts are available at:
http://www.x2ou.com/modules.php?name=X2Scripts

I offer these to help fellow scripters get on their feet fast so that they can concentrate on working on what it is that they are working on. :)
They are incredibly simple and may too be used by new scripters for learning purposes. Seriously, I have learned a lot from those of you who have provided scripts to peruse and this is my way of pathetically saying thank you! So Thank You!!!!!

I provide no read me with these scripts as for most scripters this would be a waste of space. But since I am tired of fielding questions let me give some simple instructions: dump the "cheat" that you like into your scripts directory. If you can not find this on your own, please don't use my scripts.... An update here, I now insist that you select the sector and position for almost all scripts (all soon). I no longer just dump your shiny brand new item into Argon Prime. :P

If you need help setting up the script editor please refer to this:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17965

Thanks again!
The Vamp!
Last edited by The_Vamp on Sun, 17. Apr 05, 05:17, edited 13 times in total.

Ankhst
x2

Post by Ankhst » Fri, 11. Mar 05, 11:42

wot skripts do m8?
"When looking into the abyss, you ever get the feeling the abyss is looking right back at you?"

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Fri, 11. Mar 05, 16:10

Ankhst wrote:wot skripts do m8?
Let's see:
2 Billion Credits
Fully loaded khaak carrier which spawns in Xenon sector for fun
Fully loaded Titan into Argon Prime
Fully loaded loop for four goner ships into Argon Prime

I have others but they are merely various flavors of the above. I do not have one to spawn stations just because I havent ever needed that. But it should be easy enough to do provided you know what the basic product elements are for the station (SPPs I have memorized, and maybe some others, but certainly not all).

Others I am adding from different people
one puts laser towers and advanced sats in all sectors
one is the catapult script for carriers (the one I was testing)

All of these are fully configurable with little to no training, and offer a great place to get some exposure to some (very) simple scripts.

Later!
The Vamp!

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Fri, 11. Mar 05, 17:30

If you're looking for hosting of your scripts you could use ourworld.cs.com, they'll give you enough free space to write a full site on your scripts. I used them to get a small and easy page for my scripts.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Sat, 12. Mar 05, 20:11

Thanks!
I actually have a site that I can use (since I am now thinking about it). So I will set something up this weekend. It almost seems more trouble than its worth as these are so freaking simple compared to the likes of most people on this site. But hey I will post them for whatever they are worth! Link to come soon!
The Vamp!

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 13. Mar 05, 23:04

These sites host X2 scripts and have a function to upload zip files:

http://x2source.com

http://xscripting.com/

If you already have a site then just put the link in a message here, like I did with these. Use the URL button in the edit screen.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Mon, 14. Mar 05, 23:10

"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Tue, 15. Mar 05, 06:35

Thank you Terrabyte!

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Mon, 21. Mar 05, 02:37

Please dont move my post to the general forums. These scripts are "cheats" for legitimate scripters. Basically, I had to make it on my own so every has to too! :roll:
But seriously it takes too much time to set up a universe if you don't have these....
Thanks!
The Vamp!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 24. Mar 05, 21:19

Sounds great so when is the spawning of Factory loops finished ???
It will save me alot of work in the long run.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 08:05

Give me a couple of weeks. I found another game that *cough* interests me. But it has no potential so I should blow through it quick. Anyhow, the scripts for instant stations will be out first and very very soon.
Take care!
The Vamp!

wako10132
x2

Post by wako10132 » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 23:02

ow do you acces the scripts-whatever in-game? i typed Thereshallbewings be all that happened is the damn windows poped up all over my screen.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 23:34

If windows are popping up you can be sure you missed the capital T. Try it again slowly. You will get a couple of messages and a speed increase, but otherwise you will hear a beep. The go into the command window (enter) and see if the script editor is listed. Press R on the script you want to run once you get into it. It is a little tricky, but if you are playing this game, you must already be a genius! :roll:

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Sun, 17. Apr 05, 05:16

Another set of updates ready for posting!

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 20. Apr 05, 21:18

• Sorry for the delay everyone, Vamps new scripts are available here now :D
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 05:24

Thank you Terrabyte.

I just got a report of a potential bug with the positioning argument that causes lock ups. I can not duplicate it on my machine, but please note, I am only running/testing these on 1.4 patched machines. I have no idea what effect running my scripts will cause on another version level. :?

I have heard of one complaint so far, so we are at condition yellow, and I will let you know what we find out. :cry:

BTW For those of you in the know, passing a null to an expected argument such as positioning will crash the game. I put in a simple error detecting loop that detects a null, sends a note to the players log, and exits the script. This was included in these batches, and I have verified (mostly through fat fingering) that it works just fine. :wink:

Later.
The Vamp!

Elwood J Blues
x3tc

Post by Elwood J Blues » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 09:23

Not that it is really a major cheat, it's more of a helping hand. Is it possible for someone to tell me how, make a script for me to scan everything (astroids) in a gien sector??

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 09:59

Check the sticky above for unsigned scripts. I believe Moggy, and Kaelric can help you. Xai corporation remote mining....
Later!
The Vamp!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 12:56

terrabyte wrote:
  • Sorry for the delay everyone, Vamps new scripts are available here now :D

ehh how do you download the station cheats mod ?? there is no download options available. :?

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 19:02

Typically they are saved on the server with the .xml extension, which you workstation want to open up as a web page! Just right click on the link and do a save as!
Take care!
The Vamp!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”