'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.15 Final - Futures Coming...

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.15 Final - Futures Coming...

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 27. Mar 05, 04:07

I thought I'd finish this off... I know most of you humour me with my little stories.... This one in particular... every part I've written has been treated with a kind of tolerated distaste... So this is the last part of this...

'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.15 - Futures Coming...

I lay on the floor looking up out of the window... My mind cluttered. To those around me I was the matriarch, power flew from me and into them... or so the legend goes. Split history is filled with civil conflict, each Patriarch, even my father, had taken power and here I was attempting to do the same. Family Chin had been defeated its banners torn from the forums of power in Family Pride. Our attack has shaken the Dynasty. No enemy gets up again... It was unheard of!!! Unthinkable!!!

But there we were... Daughters of Chin... Those weak wall flowers fit only for entertainment and childbearing... Lighting a burning a trail of destruction in the nights sky above Family Pride... Bringing the battle to the doorstep of Ronkar... we were lucky... so very lucky... Chi'zaia sees it as a victory... but we're far from that... we won a battle... a single conflict. Yes it has been seen as a rallying call with many ships coming forth to fight for the cause but we are vastly outnumbered and can't always rely on the power of surprise. She would be ready next time... Curb... Manipulator... but you see I'm not the type to rule through someone else... and there's no way I was going to be put into my place again.

Twenty Five whole destroyers (plus a modified carrier) meant it was possible for none of us to meet without careful planning... It was getting difficult to hide our little Navy. Argon patrols were becoming jumpy... there were far too many Split around but there was no where we could go... Ronkar forces roamed through Teladi systems and Boron space was out of the question!!! Paranid space was again to be our home... atleast until we could mount a proper offensive... the problem is how? No! The problem is where!!! The responsibility was shared between us all but there were times as oldest that I felt like it was all my responsibility. As more and more Corvettes came to our cause... Today a we'd be formation flying down to Dukes Vision and I was worried... never before had so many of our ships been congregated in a single sector... If the Ronkar Fleet flooded into the sector how would we cope??? could the jump drive save every ship? could we simply turn and run??? I the back of my mind I knew we couldn't...

The Fleet formed up... An impressive sight... the Rife looking very strange among the Pythons but with the resent purchase of Ion Disruptor Cannons it was obviously the most powerful ship in the fleet, although 'Kiiran was working towards modifying Psg mounts to the Python although the technology is exceptionally experimental in the first place with a few reports of ships obliterating themselves during combat... Although it has to be said that these are Teladi ships and not Paranid. I gripped the chair "Ok... signal the fleet to get underway" Our speed rose quickly... suddenly we were cruising at 203... Those engine upgrades had worked wonders.

As we entered Paranid Prime the entire Great First Fleet of the Third Eye was waiting to surround us. Several Pythons began taking up hostile profiles. "Hold Your Fire... Don't you dare fire a single shot!!!"... I looked around at the Paranid ships as they circled us, something was wrong... Finally a message came over the comm "You must release her Highness into our care immediately". Kiseedrann shook her head "I'm not going... I'd rather die!!!" "Your nee..." "Oh don't give me that!!! I'm not needed... If I wasn't expendable then why was I allowed out at all??? Suddenly she begins speaking in a dialect I couldn't understand. There was a long silence... then a different voice came onto the comm "Understood... But you shall always be welcome..." the voice was sad full of regrets and like that we were on our way again. I looked at Kiseedrann she had made an impossible choice in what seemed like a matter of a sizura. "You would give up immortality?" she looked at me "what good is it without any life to live?" I smiled and kissed her cheek... there was something she wasn't telling me. That whole scene was probably staged... You don't give up a queen just like that. To what end???

Our journey was thankfully uneventful after that... but something was going on... the space lanes were unusually quiet. Chi'zaia felt my pain. "What's wrong?" "I don't know..." "It was too easy wasn't it?" "It was..." suddenly Kiseedrann comes in "What's wrong" we both look at her... "You tell us" "Family Rhy" That was a lie... The lapdog to Ronkar wasn't important but she continued "they've increased their senseless attack on Paranid shipping, in order to help decrease their budget deficit. There was little to no reason for a Paranid ship to go though Rhy space... her lies were becoming more and more transparent... how much of what she said was manipulation??? "So what do you think we should do???" she smiled... "Well a you have this fleet maybe you could..."

So the attack was set... When the Rhy Carrier came through the gate they wouldn't know what hit them... Plus one the carrier was destroyed we could go after a few stations too!!! I'd resigned myself to dealing with conspiracies later... There'd be time after the battle... Ronkar will be defeated... its only a matter of time... The Split Matriarch will prevail!!!

The End

GoateeCat
x2

Re: 'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.15 Final - Futures Coming...

Post by GoateeCat » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 12:36

silentWitness wrote:every part I've written has been treated with a kind of tolerated distaste...
Thats because they are culturally biased and henceforth useless as critics ;)

A nice finish off there. All the ends tied and the character of the whole drama kept intact.

Return to “Creative Universe”