X2 Script Conflict Report program V1.12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Carl Sumner
x4

X2 Script Conflict Report program V1.12

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 19:49

A new utility program is available. :D

Code: Select all

The X2 Script Conflict Report is a utility program for use with the game "X2 - the Threat" by EgoSoft. It is used to scan in the definitions contained in the language files in the "t" folder and produce a report of potential conflict between scripts. It includes a help facility to assist in operation.

This program does not change any file in the X2 game. It does not, at this time, make any attempt to correct conflicts.

The Language Code selection does not, at this time, change the language used by the program it's self.

Installing:

This program is distributed as an install program which installs the program in the desired folder along with the help facility, default database files and an uninstall program. It also set up shortcuts to run the program. You should choose a folder that is separate from the X2 game folder. Unzip the install program, run the install program and answer the questions on the screen.

Thanks to matthewfarmery, arnak, TycoonSpaceMan and grffnhwk for beta testing. 
Note that this is not a script, it is an exe. An executable program with an install facility (and uninstall).

X2ConflictReport V1.12 (X2ConflictReport_12.ZIP) is available here:
Matthew Farmery X2downloads

Conflicts found so far in testing:

The old Patrol script by Shaune Howarth (aka SlugwormX) might use the same file code and xml name as the old Xai Corp Trade Command software MK1.

The Marks Patrol script uses the same slot 331 and ware 5803 as the Xai Trade Command software MkII (XTC2).

The Salvage mod script uses the same ware 5843 as the signed Engine Tuning script.

The Marks Wingman script uses the same slot 1217 as the Race Wars script.

Also, the signed SDS and Engine Tuning scripts show a conflict with the Egosoft "440003.xml". However, this is Not an actual conflict because the usage is not changed.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 20:19

Is anyone interested in downloading lots of scripts into a test folder and running this Conflict Report on them? It would not need to be the X2 folder.

I only tested with a dozen or so scripts, so far.

I think we need volunteers to test scripts for the community. :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

rob s
x2

Post by rob s » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 21:32

im running a lot of scripts including lvs banshee and the signed plugin stuff i could help test if you like . ive already dl the script conflict exe file . i could copy my x2 scripts folder and run the exe on the copy folder yes?
senator kinsey to oneil: just who the hell do you think you are ?walking in here and waving guns at people?

oneill: not waving....POINTING !!!!
img [http://img142.echo.cx/my.php?image=robbiebadge13wo.gif] img
joined april 04/ not march o5/

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 21:43

It is meant to scan the "t" folder. You can copy the scripts "t" files into a temporary folder and scan them there if you don't want to install them. Or if you don't want to risk disturbing the real "t" files, although it should only read things. :)

You can also scan from several folders and do a combined report.

Although it is possible to have conflicts due to operation of the files in the "scripts" folder, I don't know a way to check for that. It is rare anyway. 8)
Tinker

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 22:54

i would but i have already manually checked and modified all my t files.
wish you would have had this a month ago :-)

you just want a dump? if you just need the scripts extracted to a folder and the exe ran, i am happy to da that if you want.

i dont have that many scripts (apart from the ones i use regularly) but suppose i could download more if you want. not as if its worth playing x2 anymore with savegame incompatability between x2 and x3 so loads of time...

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:16

Hi Carl
Neat big time.
On running the utility it flagged a few conflicts between Telcat and "Marks" re-supply fighter wing.
I have not noticed a conflict in use and have both installed and used "a lot".

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 21:09

fachtna wrote:you just want a dump? if you just need the scripts extracted to a folder and the exe ran, i am happy to da that if you want.
Yes that is what I mean, just unzip the files for the "t" folder into a test folder and run a scan and report. What the community needs is for someone (or several people) to run scans on lots of scripts so we can report the conflicts to anyone who is thinking of running a script.
KarlHemmings wrote:Hi Carl
On running the utility it flagged a few conflicts between Telcat and "Marks" re-supply fighter wing.
On the Report screen there is a button to write a report file. Click on this and select a file name. Then you can email it or post it here.
Some reported conflicts do not cause problems, such as changes to wording with still the same useage. Also conflicts in help text do not cause functional problems, although it can be confusing.
Tinker

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 15:41

I am one of those who will recommend that you back up your system from time to time. Especially those files that you download or change (documents, save games etc). So at the moment I am kicking myself from here to Kingodm End.
Once I am back up and running I'll re-run the report.

rob s
x2

Post by rob s » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 16:28

ive run this prog on my t folder and got a 5 page error report troubble is i cant seem to save the report file for posting or email .
senator kinsey to oneil: just who the hell do you think you are ?walking in here and waving guns at people?

oneill: not waving....POINTING !!!!
img [http://img142.echo.cx/my.php?image=robbiebadge13wo.gif] img
joined april 04/ not march o5/

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 16:41

KarlHemmings wrote:Hi Carl
Neat big time.
It flagged marks patrol conflict for me aswell but the only time i actually had in game conflict was with Xai-corp trade command mk1, it over wrote the commands :( , i really like the idea of knowing potential conflicts before running the game :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 17:57

Cool! Thanks for this utility, I'll probably uncover a ton of functionality hidden by conflicts =]

:thumb_up:
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 9. Apr 05, 22:05

rob s wrote:ive run this prog on my t folder and got a 5 page error report troubble is i cant seem to save the report file for posting or email .
Try Not checking the box to include the standard definitions. There is a separate button to write a report file.
TycoonSpaceMan wrote:It flagged marks patrol conflict for me aswell but the only time i actually had in game conflict was with Xai-corp trade command mk1, it over wrote the commands :( , i really like the idea of knowing potential conflicts before running the game :D
I saw this one, but we are running out of command slots and I am worried that changing Mark's Patrol would just make it conflict with another script. :wink:
Tinker

Dead2thewind
xrvr

Post by Dead2thewind » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 15:29

Carl Sumner wrote:[What the community needs is for someone (or several people) to run scans on lots of scripts so we can report the conflicts to anyone who is thinking of running a script."
I'd do that... tried the link on original post but got redirected elsewhere. after a bit of scouting I found the program anyways. Looks like it could be useful.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 21:02

Hi, I have not worked on this for a while. But I am still here. :)

Post if you find any conflicts with any new scripts.

I do still have the sources for this, if any changes are needed. It was not updated for X3, but I could if there is interest. 8)
Tinker

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 22:59

shadowdemon2 worked on the format of X3 Community Library to make it easier to parse automatically. Wanted to create a database or something (to highlight conflicts, etc).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 9. Oct 08, 20:59

jlehtone wrote:shadowdemon2 worked on the format of X3 Community Library to make it easier to parse automatically. Wanted to create a database or something (to highlight conflicts, etc).
The X2 Script Conflict Report can scan the "t" files and compare to it's database to find duplicate requirements. The database can be loaded with new game files, if they are un-compacted first.

I have not tried it with X3 yet, though, so I am not sure whether the file formats have changed.
Tinker

shdwknght

Post by shdwknght » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 16:09

all download links are dead :(

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”