Pirate Satalite Network & Pirate Scanner Ver0.5 [1/6/05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Pirate Satalite Network & Pirate Scanner Ver0.5 [1/6/05]

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 00:07

Ver. 0.5 Beta *Merroc*
Ver. 0.5 Beta *Commander Jamieson*

Hi there. I have finished the first version of my new Pirate Satalite Network scripts which are kindly hosted by Commander Jamieson and Merroc. This project is to aid the player into becoming a productive pirate. A new command will add itself to the command menu of the players ship after you "investigate" new Pirate satalites poping up over the universe.
The Pirate scanner needs navagation relay satalites to work. Without them it is quite useless. The more there are in the sector, the bigger the area searched.
Beware! Some Pirate TS's now run a command that will make them look for a ship with valueable wares. If you have a huge fleet of TS's across the universe they may find themselves under attack.
You can attack the new satalites without much conciquence at the moment. They are usefull though.
README FILE wrote:Pirate Satalite Network
Ver: 0.5 BETA
Author: Owen Lake "OML"
Special thanks to: LV, G5, CBJ, Commander Jamieson and Burianek

*Fiction and basic How too*
What is the Pirate Satalite Network? It is a new development by Pirate scientists of all races. It is a hybrid of Hacking, Freight scanning technology and long range communication systems.
It scans all the TS class ships in the sector and finds which one is carrying the most valuable cargo. This will then lead to more efficiant scavenging by pirates.
As you were once a pirate you also have access to this system. You need to aproach a satalite and wait to have your identity checked. After the scans check your identity you will be able to access the technology through your command console.

*Beta Info*
These scripts will start on start up of the game, there is no way to stop them. For testing purposes I suggest camping in a sector with a Pirate Base before you install the scripts, that is where the action starts off.
These scripts will add loads of new objects to the galaxy, mainly satalites. About 5 per sector is the maximum. Most are consentrated near sectors with Pirate bases.
The scripts need balencing. That is the main point of this beta, plus bug finding and development.
Long term effects are an issue. Will there be proformance hits? Will the Pirate TS's destroy to many ships? Will the player have an unfair advantage? Do all ships return home after they are done raiding ships or deploying satalites.
The objects created will be.
-Navagation Relay Satalites
-Advanced Satalites
-Pirate TS's with a new raid command
-A bunch of Bayamons and or Orinocos that deploy the satalites in the sector
-Special race ships that can see through the Advanced satalites special feature!

NAVAGATION RELAY SATALITES
These are the main obects in the script. They are deployed by Bayamons and Orinocos.
They are ONLY used by the player, not the new Pirate TS ships. This was so the Pirates always had things to do, even if there were no Nav sats in the sector.
There should be a maximum of 5 or 6 per sector.
The scanning command searches for TS's in the range of the nav sats, hence, no nav sats, no command.

ADVANCED SATALITES
These are quite special to the survival of the Nav sats. When an Advanced sat is in the sector, all of the other Nav sats become friendly to all races. Only special sector partols can find which are Pirate Advanced satalites.

PIRATE TS'S
These Pirate ships use a new AI version of the "Find best ship". The main difference is that they dont use the satalites. The ship finds the best ship that is in a reasonable distance.
These Pirate TS's are also equipt with ion disruptors. This is due to them taking ages to destroy objects in sector. OOS seems to be quite smooth, battles lasting a few minutes and fighter drones make it slightly interesting.
When the target is destroyed there are two options.
If the Player is in the sector then the Pirate will try to pick up any droped cargo from the battle scene. This is the usual pick up of cargo crates.
If the player is not in the sector then script will see if the Pirate killed the target. If the Pirate did kill the object then a fraction of the cargo will be transfered into the Pirate. This is because cargo crates are not created OOS.
When the cargo bay is full they return back to the base they came from unless it was destroyed. Whenever it lands in a piratebase, it will be destroyed and replaced by a new Pirate TS.

BAYAMONS AMD ORINOCOS
These go out and set up the network. Starting from the Pirate base outward. If one is destroyed, it is quickly replaced at the base.

SPECIAL RACE PATROL SHIPS
These can see through the Advanced sat trickery. Once the Adv sats are down the nav sats are exposed for the sector defence. These ships dont attack the nav sats, its a balencing issue. Otherwise loads of sectors would be without a network.

The T file is 448055. The command is linked to the Pirate menu 23.
Thanks and good fun
Last edited by Xenon_Slayer on Sat, 25. Feb 06, 14:52, edited 6 times in total.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 00:24

very nice ..;)

more ships to shoot down .. :roll:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 00:32

Which ones? The pirate ships with the satalites or the TS's you get to target?

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 02:21

anything red on radar ..;)

I like the idea off the pirates actually checking cargo and hunting the ship down ..
gives you an other good reason to nock em off the map ..

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 02:24

Have you used the Pirate scanner yet?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 3. Jun 05, 00:13

Anyone willing to do beta testing on this? If so I would like your feed back.
Thanks

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 17:19

OML wrote:Have you used the Pirate scanner yet?

sry .. cant say I have .. but as soon as I have started a new game (messed up my current.. lets not go into that .. :oops: )
and have a little empire .. I'll be sure to give em a go .. on an other note .. tried mine ..?!? :P :D

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 23:47

1st of all let me apologise for draggin' up an oldish thread
sorry ppl :oops:

Tried this and on my version , there is so much pirate activity with several orin's and Baya's flying into sectors everywhere and dropping the sats it looks a bit too efficient for pirates. Almost as if they have so many ships and resources that all they have time to do is drop sats throughout the galaxy rather than.. say... once in a while send out a few and place a few sats in sectors with little or no sats left - and then get on with piracy (maybe send out the odd one ship to replace destroyed sats in nearby sectors now and again rather than fleets constantly)
In the end this feels like we are told we have to have 5-6 of these sats in a sector as they're placed so fast and no sooner than have you destryoed them all then another load have been placed in the meantime - anyone else tried this and feel the same.

Idea is a great one dont get me wrong, just too much too soon and makes you feel like the pirates are not so pirate-like in their numbers

:!:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 10:34

:o I thought this was dead.

Dont expect much of a revision just yet. Im busy with other things. Have you tried the pirate scanner yet? If not fly close to a nav sat and see what happens.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”