TL Trader

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

TL Trader

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 04:37

A new script from Xai Research, currently in testing.

TL Trader (0.5) : Download now
TL Trader provides 2 commands (buy/sell) to the TL's Auxiliary command menu. These commands will use docked TS's to trade with the specified station.

You were talking about it here, so I thought I'd see what we could come up with.

Code: Select all

The TL Trader provides basic trade commands for a TL with TS support ships on board. When used the TS ships will conduct the trading, returning to the TL after the transaction.

Once installed you should find 2 new commands in the auxiliary ship command menu in your TL's. These commands require a TS to be docked at the TL, and homebase have it's hombase set to the TL. When activated the commands will order the TS to trade at the selected station for the selected price, then return home.
  Although the result sounds quite basic, it does provide a considerable saving in effort from you, in terms of menu clicks, commands given and thumb twiddling.

Commands:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1. TL Trader: Buy
   - Select a station and ware to buy
   - Set a maximum price to pay
   - TS will fly to station and buy as much of the ware as possible, if the price is below the maximum set.
   - TS will then return to the TL and unload the Ware if possible.

2. TL Trader: Sell
   - Select a station and ware to sell
   - Set a minimum price to sell for
   - TS will load as much as possible from the TL
   - TS will fly to the station and sell as much as possible, if the price is right.
   - TS will then return to the TL and unload any ware it's wasn't able to sell.

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 05:13

Now add trade command mk3 to the TL so that it will fly around the galaxy buying and selling. Some TS's will stock up on good buys like 9cr ecells or whatever and others will sell the stock at excellent prices. This might even be accomplished with the TL using the patroling script and the TS's running the trading script....hmmm. And, combined with the automining thing....who knows. Patrol multiple sectors and if no enemies automine any asteroids and autotrade but if enemies kill'em and then do the above mentioned. Some TLs can carry lots of ships like Elephant so a protective wing wouldnt be much trouble....mmmm....my mind is now buzzing with TL possibilities. :roll:

A fully automated TL that can automine, autotrade, and patrol a sector all at once. And its cheap compared to a carrier or destroyer (~20Mcr for Herc). Call it the Super UT script or something. But then you have to make something attack it...cuz its big and well cuz its big...oh oh and it makes alot of money. :wink:

ok..so I like this idea...now..to work!
Where is my mind?

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 05:35

yay! (i still think TS transporters shouldn't be required, but i'll take what i can get)

you didn't mention a distance check though. the TL should have to get within X distance of target station. keeps the TL involved.

and i dont think there should be a UT script for TL transporters. that'd be too much. all they need is something to let them trade automatically with a given station.

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 07:46

HAH!

Park the TL in the middle of the sector at x0,y0,z0 with precision 1000. Then Deploy Soldier M3s/M4s/M5s to kill enemies and return. When no enemies, deploy drone TSs to get best buys in sector/sell wares in cargobay at best price. When no enemies and no good deals find asteroids to mine...priority set to nividium, silicon, ore....priority number to yields of said asteroids. Start mining and deploy soldiers (as mentioned above) to kill enemies in radius X (maybe 10000) of TL. When no asteroids, check for good deals one more time and then fly to next sector (Rinse and Repeat). It is coming to X2 theaters soon as an NPC TL for hire - that way you cant mess with the TSs or Fighters and will cost you an initial sum plus about 33% of any profittsss. The Albatross is slow but heavily armed and has a high survivability propability and race set to unknown means Xenon dont attack...ie gets some good asteroids in Xenon sectors. For the realists...why would an NPC work for you at 33% when he could work for himself at 100%...hmmm...because he is using your money to buy and sell stuff...and you might have to donate some TSs to do the job.

Tell me what you think.
Where is my mind?

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 12:39

CyberMe wrote:Tell me what you think.
1. A hired TL should not be safe from Xenon attacks - the Xenon aren't going to care if you, the Teladi, or anyone other than the Xenon are flying the ship.

2. I'd say the TL should get much more than 33%. The closest equivilant is the Mk3 trading software, and with that the pilot gets up to 15% of the profits, but the player is the one providing the ship, shields, jumpdrive, software as well as repairs and the money used for trading. Background-wise, the owner of the TL would have to provide the ship, shields and equipment, as well as all of the ships it is carrying, and he would have to pay for any repairs or replacement of ships lost to enemy action.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 13:46

CyberMe wrote:HAH!

Park the TL in the middle of the sector at x0,y0,z0 with precision 1000. Then Deploy Soldier M3s/M4s/M5s to kill enemies and return. When no enemies, deploy drone TSs to get best buys in sector/sell wares in cargobay at best price. When no enemies and no good deals find asteroids to mine...priority set to nividium, silicon, ore....priority number to yields of said asteroids. Start mining and deploy soldiers (as mentioned above) to kill enemies in radius X (maybe 10000) of TL. When no asteroids, check for good deals one more time and then fly to next sector (Rinse and Repeat). It is coming to X2 theaters soon as an NPC TL for hire - that way you cant mess with the TSs or Fighters and will cost you an initial sum plus about 33% of any profittsss. The Albatross is slow but heavily armed and has a high survivability propability and race set to unknown means Xenon dont attack...ie gets some good asteroids in Xenon sectors. For the realists...why would an NPC work for you at 33% when he could work for himself at 100%...hmmm...because he is using your money to buy and sell stuff...and you might have to donate some TSs to do the job.

Tell me what you think.

what you could do .. to keep/make it a player-command .. make it expensive to start ... than when started .. jump-in 1 or 2 TS's off the race the TL is off .. and about 5 M3's off that race .. have them dock with the TL .. but never transfer ownership .. let them be the AI-controlled helpers/soldiers (the player would only use this if he/she doesnt want to control ships docked at it .. so it shouldnt matter you dont have control over the "soldiers" ..)
this way you can control them by scripting .. without having to worry about the player messing things up ..

removing the ships if you stop the command .. than tranfering back the deposit done for the ships ..;)

G

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 02:41

ok.

But if the startup cost for this is ~10M, you are paying for a % of the TL and supporting ships.

OR (situationally) maybe the TL is very badly damaged (due to a battle of somekind...that perhaps you will have to help it with :wink: ) and if you repair the TL (ie 10 to 15M) for this person/entity he/she/it will work for you indefinately (out of graditude) and keep the 33% of profits.

I like the situational start cuz you have to kill stuff and there is or will be a chance that the TL is destroyed so that no deal is offered at all. I wish I could link this stuff to a BBS message:

"PLEASE HELP! My friend (insert crazy Teladi name here) is very badly damaged. (Pirates/Xenon/Khaak/Other Races) are coming to steal the Artifacts that we possess and in our damaged state we will not be able to hold out for long. I implore you, any pilots of (blahblah rank) contact me now!"

or something to that effect. This way, you may have to kill some M6s and M3s of different races (lots of em) or even an M2. Something that could significantly overwhelm the TL and fighter support but not prompt Patrol assistance..thus the Unknown Race.

Then...you get:

"Thank You brave pilot. Your brave actions and heroic efforts have saved the lives of me and my crue. We owe you more than we have. I am a trader and have been known to do some mining. I can not offer you much right now, but if you wish, I can work for you to repay your bravery and good will. I must ask that you help repair my ship as it is useless as it is. It will cost (10 to 15M cr) to complete the repair. What do you say?"

This keeps with the Teladi always trying to make profit and get a free ride out of the player. Not to mention that every once in a while, some more Pirates/Xenon/Khaak/Other Races will try to get their artifact again causing you to save or loose this TL.

Not bad huh?

What do you think?
Where is my mind?

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 04:11

make an other topic about this idea off yours .. and I'll gladly share some off my toughts .. (if you ask nicelly .. I might even actually help you .. :D )

G

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 04:13

why make another topic?
Where is my mind?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 04:56

Developement plans for the TL trader

- Make sure the TL is in the same sector as the station
- Use the Transporter device automatically if the station is < 1.5km from the TL, instead of the TS
- Charge 5-10k for using the Transporter Device instead of the conventional trading method.
- make sure there's an abort possibility if you don't want to pay and use the TD
- limit commands by requiring more installed equipment( trade command software, best buys locater...)

Ihave no plans to write a MK3 trader style TL trader command since I don't have the motivation for such a complicated script.

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 05:05

Thank you for giving me this idea.

I am sorry for kind of taking over your post and I hope your idea works out too.

Sorry :oops:
Where is my mind?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”