AL Plugin : Race Response Fleets v1.7 20/10/05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL Plugin : Race Response Fleets v1.7 20/10/05

Post by LV » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 19:11

Name : Race Response Fleets (JTP - jump to protect)

Description : AL Plugin providing improved response by races to aggression by other races(including the player)
Version : 1.5
Date :5/7/2005
Author : LV
Co-Developer : Toastie

Detailed description:

This plugin, once installed, will run in the Artificial Life menu automatically. The plugin can be disabled in the same way as any other AL plugin.

The purpose of the plugin is to make the response of a race to aggression by another race upon its military assets more realistic.
One of the big plus points of this plugin, is that it fixes the problem you would normally have with race ships completely ignoring attacks by the player on other race ships. For example if you destroy a station in a sector where there is a capital ship, the capital ship will normally ignore you. This will not happen with JTP. Both attacks on race ships and on race stations will be met with a considerable response.

For example, there is always a constant squabble going on in Akeela's Beacon between two Argon Centaurs and the Split Dragon, which patrol that sector. If one of the ships incurs enough damage, it will send an emergency signal to its HQ calling for help. Within a minute or so of sending the message, a number of capital ships (M1 , M2 or M6) will have jumped into the sector to render assistance (from within 12 sectors away from the troublespot), dealing swiftly with the aggressor.

Here's the fun bit: the aggressor, now being attacked by the race's response fleet, will call its own response fleet in. This normally culminates in quite a large fight between capital ships. Once the action is over the ships (if they survived) should then jump back to their original sector. Watch out, Akeela's Beacon is a hotspot for such activity. As it stands the races should respond to attacks by other races' capital ships or fighters.

This brings in a quite surprising element of player interaction for an AL plugin. If the player is the aggressor, attacking a race's capital ships or stations will result in the usual warnings from the victim and, if the aggression continues, in a message instructing the player to dock in that race's nearest trading dock to pay a fine within 10 mizuras. The player will have a few minutes to do this before the in sector defense ships are hailed to destroy it. The plugin should also handle friendly fire incidents as long as the player does not keep hitting the victim.

If the fine is paid then the player's transgression is swept under the carpet. If the aggression continues after these warnings or the fine remains unpaid after the deadline, the player can expect to have a number of response ships breathing down his/her neck almost immediately.

This plugin is not intended to make the game more easy, It is designed to give a realistic response to hostile situations involving a race's assets. If a player chooses to pick a fight he will get one! If the AI decides to attack another race, that race will respond to it.

Ships and stations in Pirate/Xenon Sectors are not attached to the network and will be unable to call for assistance.

This plugin has been heavily tested with the vanilla version of x.2 1.4 I cannot guarantee what will happen with other third party scripts as there are too many to mention (and test) :)

The more feeback the merrier, Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 22.6.05 Changes since 1.3

Only M6 Class ships will respond to fighter attacks now, Unless an enemy M6 or above is in the sector the capital ships will not respond.

Loading/Removal times optimised

Race TL's are now attached to the network.

Fine system is independant for all 5 races

If you already are playing you will need to disable the plugin and the seta for a few mins until it completely reverts, then re-enable the plugin from the AL menu 'Enable Race Response Fleets'

ta for the FB :)

UPDATES FOR 1.7 20/10/05

Automatic station respawning now included and optional via AL menu.

AI stations destroyed will respawn after a period of time and write to log 09556.txt in main x2 dir.

Hopefully i didnt **** anything up adding the log command as I havn't touch the x2 SE for a while :)

Adios X2 scripting !

Download Link

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/scripts ... _final.rar
http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/scripts ... _final.exe

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x2/Jtp.htm
Last edited by LV on Thu, 20. Oct 05, 19:39, edited 8 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Kustom_Mayd
x2

Post by Kustom_Mayd » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 20:21

This sounds really sweet, ill give it a go and get back to ya! :P

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 20:37

just the script we need, to finally handle those threat attacks. accross the galaxy thanks for this one. But how does this script respond to pirats ?? if i attack a pirate ship will they call reinforcements too like the other races do ??? And how does the threat it self respond to attack ???

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 22:42

I've left it open to add pirates but not written anything for them yet, I felt without starting to give them big ships it would be pointless (plus you need something to keep your rep going ;) )
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 00:05

LV this used in conjuction with Ticaki's pirate AL could make life very interesting, will run them both and let ya know :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 01:31

This does sound very interesting. Does this add jumpdrives to loads of NPC capital ships then?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Chaq_huan
x2

Post by Chaq_huan » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 01:49

Awesome....No more destroying a races factory to replace it with my own :cry: . Do these fleets come for khaak ships, as this will make Khaak disapear from the game. :o
You will never escape from my Falcon...
[ external image ]....Just don't move.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:19

Will Xenon and Khakk ships jump in if one of their ships are attacked in Black Hole sun or Omicron Lyree?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 15:47

Hi LV,

this Script is a very good combination with my Script ( click ), i like it :)

CU StarTrekMarc

Edit: I founded a bug: Every time a big ship is called the Game freeze for 10sec - 20sec. Thats bad.
And the Script isn't compatible with the Bounty Hounter.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 16:53

Do you recommend a nube trying this out or should I wait til I get more established? Right now I just have my disco and my merc. I have been capturing pirates to boost my credits but thats about where I am at the moment.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 18:07

OML wrote:This does sound very interesting. Does this add jumpdrives to loads of NPC capital ships then?
yes
Chaq_huan wrote:Awesome....No more destroying a races factory to replace it with my own :cry: . Do these fleets come for khaak ships, as this will make Khaak disapear from the game. :o
You can still destroy factories but there a real consequences now (ie. using a perseus with bpsg's will kill the station but dont look behind you ;) )

Response fleets will respond to the khaak if there is sufficient reason for them to do so, 1 or 2 khaak ships will be ignored but a supercluster will result in a response.
Valen68 wrote:Do you recommend a nube trying this out or should I wait til I get more established? Right now I just have my disco and my merc. I have been capturing pirates to boost my credits but thats about where I am at the moment.
Feel free to try it from the statrt of the game as long as you dont go attacking m6's and stations and such you'll be fine :)

StarTrekMarc wrote:Hi LV,

Edit: I founded a bug: Every time a big ship is called the Game freeze for 10sec - 20sec. Thats bad.
I can only assume it's your script as no game freezes have occured under final testing, if you get to the problem from your end i'll be happy to attempt a code tweak that will work with your script
LV's TC Scripts

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 18:11

... wrote:
StarTrekMarc wrote:Hi LV,

I can only assume it's your script as no game freezes have occured under final testing, if you get to the problem from your end i'll be happy to attempt a code tweak that will work with your script
Hm, my Script also works without problems if it's installed without yours.

I will see, what i can do.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 23:03

Just testing this with the Terradine Mod & all appears to be working.

Attacked the Drone Factory in Rolks Fate in my dragon, then proceeded to attack all enemies (i.e. Boron now).

Got one mesages saying I'd committed one act of aggression & to pay 4467 credits - think me (& my wingmen) had actually killed at least four of the Drone Factories defence fleet by then - I'm guessing that the counter only reports your personal aggression so to speak, rather than that of your wingmen?

Anyway, carried on my attacks & got a 2nd message from the Drone Factory saying that it had called for support against 9 enemy ships (I guess it included ANY of my ships in that count, as I had only 5 fighters, but a few traders doing the rounds too in that sector).

The result of my aggression appears to be TWO Boron Shark M1s with their on-board fighter compliment (not fully loaded) and an M6 - pretty cool!

Was worried at first that it wasn't working within Terradine as it wasn't until my first personal kill (as oppossed to that of my wingmen) that I got any kind of message.

Still, pretty cool AL plugin & I'm glad it appears to be working just fine within Terradine.

Scoob.
Last edited by Scoob on Mon, 20. Jun 05, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 23:24

Now if there was a AL Plugin to get the fleets moving more, this'll be quite awesome! :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 23:34

Galaxy613 wrote:Now if there was a AL Plugin to get the fleets moving more, this'll be quite awesome! :D
I think this script might do just that in effect, after all hostile action will lead to attack & counter attack - there's gonna be some firey sectors out there :-)

One thing though, I'm still having my staged battle in Rolk's Honor & so far 5 M1s have entered the sector. The first two as a result of my 1st attack & the rest called in to support those first two when I attacked 'em! I'm yet to see a limit to the response, though I have been calling in my own re-enforcements :-)

Not seen an M2 called in yet though...

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 21. Jun 05, 00:54

Tell ya what, this script really doesn't like Pirates!

I spawned a fleet of 10 Orinocos & 2 pirate-owned Ospreys & asked them to attack all enemies. I, in my Nova, was hiding in the super structure of the local Argon Trading Station when they attacked. After a few minutes I got a messages saying that the trading station was being attacked & had called for support & so far NINE Centaurs, FOUR Colossus and no less than THIRTEEN Titans have just entered the system! Blimey!

Now I must mention than I'm playing in the Terradine universe so maybe this has had some strange effect on the script. F.Y.I. I'm in the sector BPA Trading HUB which contains a Trading Station of each of the "friendly" races plus a Goner Temple.

This sector is a war zone! I may just have to spawn a few more pirate owned ships to even things out a little :twisted:

Scoob.

Tarcon.
x3tc

Post by Tarcon. » Tue, 21. Jun 05, 07:01

StarTrekMarc wrote:
Mine runs just fine with the Bounty Hunter scripts, also don't get a delay of any time at all when a capital ship is called.

Im running these extras:
- Bounty Hunter V2
- Thallon Mook's Flaggship (latest update)
- 1.4 Patch
- HRS V.3
- AL Script update
- Camouflage device
- as.antimissile
- PPC power up
- Rush out
- X2 plug ins V1.03.03 (signed scripts)
- No copy protection

All of these appear to have no conflicts.
Boundless intemperance in nature is a tyranny; it hath been th' untimely emptying of the happy throne, and the fall of many kings.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 21. Jun 05, 13:44

Mine runs just fine with the Bounty Hunter scripts, also don't get a delay of any time at all when a capital ship is called.
F.Y.I.

I haven't experienced any delays either when capital ships are called, even during my major battle documented previously.

Scoob.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Tue, 21. Jun 05, 15:25

Response fleets will respond to the khaak if there is sufficient reason for them to do so, 1 or 2 khaak ships will be ignored but a supercluster will result in a response.
Valen68 wrote:Do you recommend a nube trying this out or should I wait til I get more established? Right now I just have my disco and my merc. I have been capturing pirates to boost my credits but thats about where I am at the moment.
\../ wrote:Feel free to try it from the statrt of the game as long as you dont go attacking m6's and stations and such you'll be fine :)

Once I have a well established fleet (100's of hours later) and run into a large fleet battle will it be possible to capture some cap ships too or is this unrealistic?? Does it very to the number of ships that spawn or does it depend on the threat?

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 21. Jun 05, 16:12

Any chance of this being signed :wink:
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”