Run for your life

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Virtualaughing
x4

Run for your life

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 12. May 12, 13:42

That is a "huge mistake / missing opportunity" if the enemy spot you and trying to attack and then you leave the sector, they not even bother to follow you. That can be a huge experience when you no longer can run if a Pirate want your precious cargo or if you on one of the Most Wated list's of any race. A consequence you have to face if you step on hostile territory.

Please no more player or NPC side adwantages or keep them on minimum :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Sat, 12. May 12, 13:54

Well, depending on the circumstances, it makes sense. A teladi fleet shouldn't chase a pirate into argon territory, for example; they protect the local area. Pirates probably should follow - perhaps you can find a script for that :).

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Sat, 12. May 12, 16:28

Nah, that could end badly. E.g., what will you do if you fly into a Pirate sector and the whole party there decides to follow you around the universe? Then add another annoyed Paranid/Argon/Your choice battlegroup that also wants your [censored] for some reason. Any by the next time they reach you and you have to fight them, some stray shots of yours hit some lovely Boron tradeships... and so on. I don't think that will be very funny in the end (unless you are a masochist, of course :) ).

MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 12. May 12, 18:55

I must be a masochist. Sign me up for never ending struggles. :twisted:
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 12. May 12, 19:21

It's just that it's a bit immersion breaking. The appeal of a persistent universe is one of the best things about X. So having pirates that can follow you but don't is kind of jarring.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sat, 12. May 12, 19:23

Of course if you are actually playing the pirate and everybody hates you, that's a different story... :pirat:

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Sun, 13. May 12, 00:31

I don't see a problem with it. If you're attacking a ship that dives through a gate, would you follow it? Without knowing what's on the other side. For all you know there's an entire military patrol waiting approaching the gate, it makes more sense to just move on to another target. And even if you're on a race's most wanted list, and everything in sector is chasing you, would they leave the sector undefended to pursue you?

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Sun, 13. May 12, 10:50

Callidus Thorn wrote:I don't see a problem with it. If you're attacking a ship that dives through a gate, would you follow it? Without knowing what's on the other side. For all you know there's an entire military patrol waiting approaching the gate, it makes more sense to just move on to another target. And even if you're on a race's most wanted list, and everything in sector is chasing you, would they leave the sector undefended to pursue you?
In other words, (if you're American) think about it as getting chased by local highway patrol/state troopers. They (generally) don't cross state lines.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 13. May 12, 10:56

Was it Reunion or The Threat where the Xenon (or was it Kha'ak) followed me to every sector ?
I remember hiding behind friendly capitals which fought off the bulk so that I could deal with the lone fighters that persisted. :twisted:

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 13. May 12, 11:34

Callidus Thorn wrote:I don't see a problem with it. If you're attacking a ship that dives through a gate, would you follow it? Without knowing what's on the other side. For all you know there's an entire military patrol waiting approaching the gate, it makes more sense to just move on to another target. And even if you're on a race's most wanted list, and everything in sector is chasing you, would they leave the sector undefended to pursue you?
Not if you are a pirate, it may be worth the risks if the ship you are attacking is carry valuable cargo. And being a pirate everybody hates you so it's risky just moving from one sector to the next in anycase.

I'm guessing you haven't tried the being a pirate. :)

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 14. May 12, 00:31

TTD wrote:Was it Reunion or The Threat where the Xenon (or was it Kha'ak) followed me to every sector ?
I remember hiding behind friendly capitals which fought off the bulk so that I could deal with the lone fighters that persisted. :twisted:
IIRC Xenon from taxi misssions would follow you.
I am sure that Khaak never use gates.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”